Reviews for The Survival Job
Tacodestroyeravenger chapter 6 . 4/12
And another great story. You are awesome.
Pennie Laine chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story! Eliot hurt/comfor is a particular favorite of mine, and you did it exceptionally well. I really enjoyed getting a glimpse into his safehouse, and fully stocked medicine cabinet. A lot of the times I feel like people do a fantastic job of hurting him, but leave me wanting more of the comforting and healing. I thought you did a great job of including that. The characters were spot on, I could hear them, and see them acting exactly like this. Oh and Parker's game of find the weapons sounds like a hoot! Great job with this story!
Jax chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
Great writing, love how you captured the characters - swear I could hear their voices while reading !
love the Eliot whump !

keep on writing more please
JoyRose10 chapter 6 . 11/2/2012
I know this is old news to you, but I just found this, and really enjoyed it! Thank you!
W.S.C. Magica De Spell chapter 6 . 9/23/2011
Awesome story.
usa123 chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
Me again reading yet another of your wonderful stories. The Survival Job was fantastic. Seriously, you do an incredible job of keeping the story action packed and very in-character. Parker playing Find the Weapons and injuring herself with the nunchuks were perhaps some of my favorite parts, even though this was mainly an Eliot story. You managed to make Eliot super-macho without delving into the unrealistic. Everything about his actions to protect Sophie, his safe house (and him being uber-protective about his cars) was totally believable.

You are an amazing writer and I hope you will be publishing more soon.
ShadowWriter33 chapter 6 . 5/21/2011
What an amazing story!

I absolutely loved it!

I really liked how you kept the whole team involved during the capture and escape and all the interactions throughout.

Very nice and well written.

Good job!

God Bless,

SW
Victory Is For the Weak chapter 6 . 8/5/2010
This was such a great story. I loved it!
MusicalLuna1 chapter 6 . 6/29/2010
I am so freaking glad you decided to post this additional chapter. It is the most spot-on, spectacular Eliot character piece I've read. And I've read a *lot* of the Eliot fics. Both his and Nate's reactions and emotions were perfect, just jfkdls;haggh;klash *perfect*. It's so perfect I want to steal this backstory and write fics that incorporate it because it's so perfect and fantastically rife with potential.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the whole fic, but the final chapter in particular, every line was gold. Fantastic. I loved it. I would loooove to see any fics you might write in the future involving this. 333
Rat chapter 6 . 4/15/2010
Awesome story, I loved it!
Farrahmack chapter 5 . 8/3/2009
Great fic! Love Parker and the Numchucks lol!

Glad Eliot was ok!
Farrahmack chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
wow the episode where Eliot pretends to be a boxer got me!

I started crying when he killed the guy and of course a fucking commercial came on and left me hanging!

Great fic!
kamelion chapter 5 . 7/14/2009
Very nice! Looking forward to more from you!
Meatball42 chapter 6 . 7/13/2009
Loved this story! It was totally realistic, from the job to the h/c and the banter... Perfect! I loved Parker's dialogue, you totally nailed her essence, which is wicked tough. The part about the morphine, especially the end scene, was incredibly in-character and wonderfully written. Adding to favs, because it's just so amazingly written.
sgs09 chapter 6 . 6/27/2009
Okay...seriously? You're awesome! Not only do you write the hilarious psych-leverage crossover with Elliot and Shawn being cousins, and not only the fic with Elliot fighting a bear, but you also do this one? This is probably my all-time favorite Leverage fic out there right now! Dude, you rock!

Let's see...favorite Hardison moment was in the beginning with him teasing Elliot about never smiling. I loved how Elliot one-uped him there. ;p

Favorite Parker moment was probably whenever she was talking about the cops, when she asked about her plant, and the weapon she found in Elliot's safehouse. lol I loved how she kept "hinting" toward calling the cops. "Yeah...definitely time for the cops...right?" And I loved how she asked if her plant was all right. 3 (Oh yeah! "Oh! I knew it. Elliot is so James Bond!") She was a great mix of quirky and silly; as I read the story I chanced upon a comment you made in a note to a reviewer saying you were worried about making her sound too stupid. I think you did very well in this. She didn't seem stupid or TOO ridiculous to me; I thought it was a great level you found. She's just so quirky in this story I had to love her the whole way through! :D

Favorite Sophie moment...hm...did I have one favorite part? She was good throughout. I felt so bad for her...little guilty grifter. Poor, Sophie. I'm glad she got to talk it over with Elliot in the end. (I liked her ending remark about him trying to convince her he was a bad guy!)

Favorite Nate moment...I adored the way you got in his head early in the story when he let Elliot decide what to do: give himself up or fight it out. He so clearly wanted to do anything he could for Soph, but he let Elliot do his thing. :) I was also very glad that he trusted Elliot so much in the end, when he took him to the safehouse instead of a hospital and tried to get everyone else to calm down. He's such a calm and wise father to his little bunch of kids. 3

Favorite Elliot moments...? Ha! The whole story was an awesome moment for him! I loved how he finally let out a scream, but it was only so that he could dislocate his thumb and be awesome! I love the idea of him having that scary bathroom *cough*hospital*couch* as his safehouse. He would...he would... He was so cool when he warned the team he might pass out in the van. (I smiled in fangirlish glee. lol) I was so glad to see him working so hard to keep Sophie from feeling bad. I can totally see him as being a softie underneath, so I thought it was very well-planned to have him trying to be extra nice to her later in the story. Also, I loved the backstory you gave him in the end. Very cool. Very awesome and astonishing.

Probably my favorite thing about this fic was the way you seemed to get in all of the characters' minds. You gave them very reasonable thoughts that I could see actually going through their minds on the show. You kept your characters grounded to the personalities we all know and love, and you expanded a bit on the hints of their inner selves. It was wonderful. I loved how Parker was only talking in the van during the hostage situation so that she wouldn't have to hear the sounds of the interrogation. I loved Nate worrying about Sophie internally. I loved Elliot mentally switching gears whenever he saw Soph later on so that he wouldn't do anything to make her feel bad. I loved Hardison's fumbling for words when he's ordered to hit the lights and create a distraction, and the way he was just in awe as Elliot patched himself up in his hardcore way.:D

You had me. This fic had me. I love it. Definitely one I'll re-read often/a lot. It's one of my favorite fics, not just one of my favorite Leverage fics.

It had great pacing. No grammatical mistakes that I really caught this time around. (This is probably my third time reading it already.) And the characters were dead-on, in my eyes.:)

I think Nate stands out to me especially in this one. Some people make him so boring... He's hard to write, I think. There's a hint of such awesomeness in his character on-screen, but it's hard to capture that on the page when he sometimes seems to not feel/think/do much. I found his character very interesting to watch in this fic though, so that was especially a lot of fun. I adored how he kept looking out for his family and worked so hard to take care of everyone. He's awesome!

Thanks for such an awesome fic! It's a very fun read. :D

**Laura**