Reviews for Loving Paul Phoenix
laura chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
may I ask, who is michelle chang here? (Kelly Hu who played michelle chang in nash Bridges?)
A Road Unturning chapter 3 . 9/24/2011
jkfhfhajfsdk...

A tad speechless with the wonderous in character cute, here. Although all your chapters were charming and with a touch of good natured pathos, this is undoubtly my favourite. I can't say much more only that the insight and construction of this situation is undeniably perfect and thoughtful.

And he sneaks out with the baby! Foreshadowing! Paul has always been the one who got Forrest into adventous situations, for better or for worse. To think it began when the kid was in arms. Awww...

This is subtle, understated, yet so characteristically fantastic. I can't commend you enough for it. It tis' a sleeping gem.
Razer Athane chapter 3 . 8/17/2011
'Behind every skittish man is a vicious woman.' - Perfect opening!

"That's just your daddy getting beaten up by your mommy. Luckily, you don't understand yet." - LOL

Lol baby-napper-like XD
Razer Athane chapter 2 . 5/14/2011
Being put up against a bear and having it called your rival had an insulting ring to it. - XD

"So... you're a piece of wood. How's that working for you?" - OMG. THIS ROCKED.

"I failed," the tree said with a sob. - D: aw Mokujin...

Paul Phoenix had heard it all, he thought, but this took the cake. The tree was on a crusade—a champion for good. - Lovely word choices!

"You are going to take down the Mishimas? I'm starting to you like you already!" - Aw XD

Wearing the mantle of the man who rid the world of the Mishimas would be a pleasure. - Cute conclusion.
RandomEncounter chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Wow, not much of Paul Phoenix around. I like how you took a story about two people and accurately portrayed how they would react if they met. On top of that the characters acted in a more dynamic way than I'm used to reading its really quite disconcerting when I really start to think about it, like the characters themselves couldn't write they're thoughts as accurately. And, to top it all off, the story flowed together wonderfully.

Thanks for this.
Vanessa Dragunova chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
It's been ages since I read a good Michelle and Julia fic, but, in my opinion, this easily changed that. I'm glad to see Michelle back and know what happened to her after Tekken 2. She's also beautifully portrayed. Her daughter-mother relationship with Julia is soft and her encounter with Paul is emotive. Even this makes him think of some things, for example, what it would happen if he had a child.

Good nostalgic work, indeed.
sol grand chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
It's very rare to see someone writing about Paul Phenonix, and not to mention, Julia and Michelle are my favorite characters. You even have them in character, and I really like where this is going. Great job. :D
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
I personally feel that Paul is a hard character to write without making him seem like a idiot, and you fleshed him out nicely. This ficlet captured what a chance meeting between old friends may entail, and the poigancy was understated yet clearly was there- it was like a passing feeling of a sense of nostilgia for the past,like one would feel upon glimpsing an old photo of high school or hearing a tune which spoke of simpler times. However,we have move on quickly onto our present business, as demostrated by the end of this story, and that we must lead our lives despite the choices we have made.

It had a fleeting bittersweetness to it, and it certainly was an unusual premise to work from. His attraction to Michelle was gently implied, as so was Michelle's own maturation into a Mother as opposed to her seriousness as a young woman. Unique, well written stuff.

Red
Pinkbuffer chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Hey!

Epic Paul you written so far. But if I'm correct...nobody takes time to write about these days.

But you narrowed personality great!

Surprisingly enough loved how you ended.

Brilliant write as always S!
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Putting smiles on people's faces... it must be your specialty right? XD I enjoyed this immensely! I love the casual feel between the two and Paul and Michelle here were actually in-character.

"Like the phoenix from the ashes…." ~ clever play on his name! :D

I do hope you continue!
Sei Honou chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Gorgeous piece, Salysha. I love Paul here! :D

" It felt good to meet a real lady. It was as though it rubbed off on him and made him a better person, too. "

Just lovely. I'm looking forward to reading more of this.

~sei
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
'...the scruffy looks were no longer awesome any more than flamingo shirts or sockless loafers were. Speaking of which…. Paul pulled his feet under the table.' - XD!

Cute fic, Salysha. You got Paul's personality down perfectly.
spongecake 2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Hey ho. Now here's an idea I don't think has ever been tried before. Gold stars for originality immediately. And the writing is awe-summoning! Paul's surprisingly likeable here, which is always something I like. Most people just make him out to be nothing but a violent drunk... mostly because he IS nothing but a violent drunk, but your edge on him is brilliant. And Michelle's been caught to a T. Thumbs up to you.