Reviews for Swimming Lessons
dresdendollontheprowl chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Loved it!

Sam's mother seems to be an unspoken topic, thank you for mentioning it!
Borednbrowsing chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
This was kinda of weird, and it struck me as very dark and awkwardly creepy at first. Nonetheless, it was really interesting and I enjoyed your exploration of the water and all of its meaning and mystery. Good job, hope you write some more fic sometime. :)
Society's Cavity chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Ahh, this was absolutely beautiful! So much so that I think the mention of Frodo and Sam being lovers actually detracted a bit from the story. (And I am a huge Frodo/Sam fan.) Water has had such a symbolic meaning in so many cultures, and LotR has given it a special place in its lore as well. Very, very few people actually explore that (other than to state the obvious fact that Frodo lost his parents to it) and it was a little breath-taking to see it done so wonderfully. Sam's fear and the mysticism of the bog are tied so perfectly together here. I LOVED the detail of Sam not fearing the girl's corpse so much as he feared the fact that the water might have hidden it forever. The compromise of the two hobbits' courage that makes up the premise of this story... it just sparkles.

It seems like such an obscure subject that I almost wonder what sparked the idea in your mind, but WHATEVER did, I am grateful! This story is going directly to my list of favorites. Bravo on a job VERY well done!