Reviews for Ten Thousand Things
Sachita chapter 3 . 3/9/2009
It was very good to read, but so sad, so very sad. You nearly made me cry. Heart-wrenching, really. I can't seem to find words. Yet it is all so realistic, all so believable. All the characters were completely real, profound and wonderfully-written.

Thank you!

-Sachita
jasminesmommy chapter 3 . 3/9/2009
thanks for giving him some sort of emotional trama at the end of that episode i really hated the way he just continued on as if nothing happened at all :) great wrap to the story new he had to forgive himself eventually :)
neptune60 chapter 2 . 3/9/2009
A very powerful chapter. I can't really blame Shep's dad for anything. He did the best he could and it was almost as if John blamed him for not being able to understand him like his mother did. John can't see past his own pain and his black and white memory of a traumatised 6 year old. He still blames his father for not making his mother happy but yet he went on to do the very same to his own wife. He accuses his father of not seeing eye to eye with him and yet John sees no ones view point but his own. Even after all these years he's still not willing to extend a hand to his family and try and make amends. He's just not interested and yet he blames his family while he was just as much to blame.

I guess his mothers passing really messed up his psyche and even all these years later he still isnt over it and maybe his obession with putting his life on the line for friends and sometimes strangers, is driven by his own buried guilt at being the cause of his mothers death.
AtlantisJoeFan chapter 2 . 3/9/2009
Oh wow. You had me in tears. This was beautifully written and moving. Is there more? I would love to see John take this back to Atlantis.

fi

x
Titan5 chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
That was so sad. As in "I need a tissue" sad. I loved the use of the phrase about it's not alright to cry. Interesting and very realistic background you've built for John. And the meeting between John and David was so awkward and tense - just like their encounter in Outcast. Child John slipping out of the house to get to his mother's grave just about broke my heart.
jasminesmommy chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
boy john sure knows how to hold a grudge dont he lol :)
chevron7 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
So sad. I imagined that he felt guilty over his mother's death too. What you created fits the enormity of what I thought it was, if that makes sense.

Well written piece.

I was really interested to read that David and John were half brothers. It fitted in well with the story.

Cheers
AtlantisJoeFan chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Oh wow! well that would explain a lot about him, wouldn't it. I wish we'd had more back story to John, but I guess it does mean we can create it and fill in the gaps.

Well written. Thanks so much.
jasminesmommy chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
poor john still just a baby and you just know with the way his dad is he will lay the blame on john cause he went running for his school work.
Alys5 chapter 1 . 3/7/2009