Reviews for Breaking Society's Rules
Anawey chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
That last chapter had me almost crying it was so sweet. I guess I'm more sentimental than I realized. Great story.
Jaelijn chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
I can't tell you how much I love this story. I have read it several times even before I got my (brand-new) acount, and it still cracks me up. *wipes away tears* Thanks you so much for this beautiful and sad piece of fiction.
Monty Twain chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
Oh thank God he didn't die. I was ready to cry AGAIN.
Monty Twain chapter 3 . 7/2/2009
Monty Twain chapter 2 . 7/2/2009
oh god i can feel an onset of sadness growing...
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
I feel horribly sad, but your agefics are the only ones I read... they are very good, you know.
Azul chapter 4 . 4/23/2009
You reminded me of watching my grandma get older, years ago...
Westron Wynde chapter 4 . 3/11/2009
Well, what can I say? A perfectly judged ending, with just the right amount of tugging at our heartstrings but still keeping both H&W entirely in character.

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Congrats on a great piece of writing :)
Westron Wynde chapter 3 . 3/11/2009
I love your imagery - "then it was I was a spider in my own right, with my own collection of threads…killing the flies of crime." A perfect extension of canon from a similar sentiment in RESI. Even though you're an old spider, Mr Holmes, there's still no one better ;)

Excellent work, especially with the sad line at the end about him not being able to go outside any more and reflecting on all he is missing. Very touching.
Westron Wynde chapter 2 . 3/11/2009
I like the idea of labelling the chapters to reflect the seasons... of life? Fits in nicely with the theme of aging, so well done on the chapter titles! Certainly got me thinking.

"No man ever died from being deprived of fresh air for a day or so." - lol! So like Holmes. What a difficult fellow he is. And 'broody' Watson - oh, yes, I like it! :)
Pompey chapter 4 . 3/10/2009
Oh, poor Watson too! From hearing the autumn leaves falling to not being able to hear the clock . . . ouch.

It is a bittersweet ending, friendship right to the end.
Pompey chapter 3 . 3/10/2009
Oh, that's a sweet turn for Holmes! Although I like his protest that he was merely being naturalistic rather than poetic.
Pompey chapter 2 . 3/10/2009
Hmm, cold in the hottest weather . . . not good. I'm faintly worried about dementia now, forgetting about his index like that.
Pompey chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
(sigh) Yes, I can see Holmes being so proud and stubborn that he'd rather sleep in his clothes than ask for help removing them.

Worse, because of all that he was capable of when younger.
KaizokuShojo chapter 4 . 3/9/2009
Didn't get to review this chapter earlier...XD

Wonderful. Really. :)