Reviews for Benko Gambit
RumbleRoar811 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I love how scathing, but seemingly polite the two of them are. They are all smiles and niceties, but their words are pure venom.
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I was referring to convictions of principle."

Michael still did not look up. "Why, do you want to borrow one?"

"I have my own."

"I'm shocked."

Ahh, Blaise. You're playing a losing game.

"perhaps you might be interested in borrowing my dictionary."

"Then perhaps I should consider a future career as an author."

Zabini chuckled in quiet mockery. "You truly believe you have any kind of future at this rate? I would think that you might have learned something recently about keeping your nose clean."

"I find that easier to do when I keep it away from where you have it."

"Better my nose than your head."

I love it when people go back and forth like that. Blaise and Michael are pretty well matched for this kind of debate.

This is another one of my favorite oneshots. I love that they have this kind of conversation where the dialogue flows so well.
Arianlyne chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
God I love this. They were so antagonistic, but borderline friendly too. It's nice to see that they at least respect each other.

Favorite lines:

"...my motivations were primarily common decency, although you might not be familiar with it...common decency having that plebeian element of the common."

"Your gifts for framing nearly excuse the artist."

hehe, Zabini's good, but Michael wins.
JustDance04 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
I enjoyed the battle of wits between Zabini and Micheal. Good job.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
Absolutely brilliant! Michael is ever so much than just a pretty face. Great job!
FlameintheFlood chapter 1 . 8/19/2009
Hahahaha! I love Mike. I actually like Zabini a lot too. Don't know him very well, but he's been my favorite Slytherin for a while.

"I wasn't in the mood for apple and I think the serpent may not appreciate my picky eating habits"

New favorite line ever.

Thanks for being awesome and letting all us lowly people bask in your writing!
gabo0 chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Gosh, I'm confused. Too difficult a text to understand, what's going on here? Don't get me wrong, I loved the style, but the content.. I'm sad I couldn't get it all. Who's talking at the end? Michael tortured Blaise's best friend or was it the other way? Whose ideas are sketched? Both? None of them?

I feel terribly dumb. It's been a while since that *frowns*.
LAHH chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
I loved the conversations of these two Ravenclaws with anyone. They're so sharp, and the wordplay is so perfect. It's like watching a duel. Thanks for writing this. x
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
"Zabini took the unissued invitation to sit down, leaning in closely and pitching his voice low. Michael knew that it was necessary to avoid the wrath of Madame Pince, but there was still a sense of intimacy he resented from the Slytherin who had so recently Cruciated his best friend, and it wasn’t helped at all by the smug little twist to the other youth's mouth that said he was perfectly aware of the boundaries of Michael’s personal space. And that he was in them."

Ah, Blaise.

"“Itself different from the definition of supplantation, which is where find ourselves now.” He was good, at least better than Michael had expected, and although his retort was immediate, the smile that sliced across it was double-edged with a degree of genuine enjoyment for their little controversion."

I love seeing that. I love seeing a Slytherin portrayed as smart, not just the dumb blokes that Crabbe & Goyle are.

Very neat seeing how their exodus to the Room differed from Neville's. I enjoyed that very much.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Very good- I especially enjoyed the ending conversation.

KrisEleven~
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
An interesting and enjoyable chapter. A fascinating look at two soldiers from both sides arguing. Keep writing.
Violin Ghost chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I enjoyed the witty repartee, but absolutely loved this line:

"For your information, my motivations were primarily common decency, although you might not be familiar with it...common decency having that plebian element of the common."

It's so Michael. Your Michael, I mean. This was fantastic.