Reviews for From the Streets to the Sea
Nord chapter 7 . 11/7/2013
Please do keep on going? It is amazingly written and I love Jimmy as a character! I want more :)
Elohim.Aelf chapter 7 . 8/1/2013
:D I'm kind of sad you haven't updated this story. It's brilliant! I would love to see Jimmy's point of view of all the events that take place in the movie! Lovely story! Hope you get the inspiration to continue it soon! :)
talk-ape chapter 7 . 1/29/2012
Ah really good, glad you updated! And I hope you write more!
ograndebatata chapter 7 . 1/23/2012
Well, I have to say I hadn't thought about this story for a fairly long time... but nevertheless I am very happy to see that you updated again. So, thank you very much for that.

I didn't expect Bruce to react so violently at the damage made to his posters, as not only he must have a whole bunch of them back at New York, but he also seemed to think he looked good with a moustache. But at least, Jimmy didn't get hurt.

And now they got to the island. We all know what's going to happen there, but I'm curious about what sort of twists of your own you will introduce in the missing scenes.
Oddments and Tweaks chapter 6 . 10/13/2010
I'm really enjoying this story! I hope you're still thinking of finishing it. You've got a simple innocence whilst being acutely aware of some of hardships of the adult world for jimmy which I think is just right! Fingers crossed for more updates!:)
Bellatrix Kale chapter 6 . 8/2/2009
This chaopter was good and lengthy. Liked it.
ograndebatata chapter 6 . 8/2/2009
Well, I'm still reading this, and I'm relieved you haven't stopped updating. This chapter is indeed somewhat happier than the others, but it is good. I like how Jimmy gets to know Ann and even some of the film crew. I think I have a good idea what he's going to use the pen for. My only comment would be perhaps that you're making Lumpy's food just a little bit worse than I really think it is. You see, in the end, a good part of the Venture's sailors are tall and muscular men, they wouldn't be able to keep that way if Lumpy's food wasn't, at least, on the limits of acceptability. Sorry, here I'm probably being too critic. I hope you don't take this small piece of constructive criticism as a personal insult.

But I enjoyed the chapter overall. I wonder what will happen in your next chapters... mainly what will happen to Jimmy after the trip to Skull Island, if you take the story that far. Thanks for updating.
timelordsdaleksandsherlockohmy chapter 5 . 7/24/2009
Oh my gouda cheese! I'm so sorry it took me so long to getting around to reviewing this! I haven't had an extraordinary amount of time to do much on FanFic til now... Anyway, this chapter was really really great! I love how the conversation went between Englehorn and Hayes, and I love love love your portrayal of Jimmy. He's such a sweet little thing. And you're a pretty great writer. Like I've said before, you're doing a fantasic job filling in Jimmy's history. So enjoyable to read. Cannot wait for the next chapter!
ograndebatata chapter 5 . 6/8/2009
Hello. Well, I thought it was just better to warn you that I am still reading this story, just for you to know that you still have at least one person waiting for your updates. You should have a lot more, this story deserves a million readers. Well, the nightmare from Jimmy was somewhat scary (not because it was terribly written, but because it gave a real hint on what Jimmy was feeling) but the scene with Hayes gave a real relief, and it was also well written. It's good that Englehorn let Jimmy stay, and well, you said the next chapter skips ahead a few years... but is it still before Skull Island, or is it already after Skull Island? Will there be any chapter of this set during the Skull Island adventure? Well, I say goodbye wondering about all of these things. I'm eager to see an update. Goodbye.
Nattles chapter 4 . 5/5/2009
Oh my gosh...OH MY GOSH! I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS! It was awesome! Lol I am obsessed with the character Jimmy teehee, he was the only thing that made watching the movie bearable and my favorite actor plays him yay but your story was wonderful! I made up my own little story for him in my head and its very similar to this, amazing job!
timelordsdaleksandsherlockohmy chapter 4 . 4/12/2009
Honestly I don't understand why there aren't more reviews for this. You should have a gazillion because this is the best Jimmy background story I've ever read, and there are a lot of good ones out there. But, hands down, this is the best. It has the most detail, it makes the most sense...and to put it bluntly...it's just awesome. I couldn't wait to read about him meeting Hayes, and now he has, and I was NOT disappointed. That was such a lovely chapter. You wrote it really well. Again, I have to say how much I love the way this is written...the point of view it's written from. I mean, it's Jimmy's and everything, but you can tell that the person who the point of view is from is young. I love that. Doing a great job. Hope you update soon!
timelordsdaleksandsherlockohmy chapter 3 . 3/26/2009
Yay, an update! Well, for my part, I'm glad you added the background story. It added so much to this, I think. But I'm disappointed...I was hoping Mr. Hayes would be in this one. Haha, but I can wait. Or not. I'll just be really glad when you update again. Although I understand. The last stretch of the semester is always worse for students. Teachers have it easy then. At least that's what I've been told. Anyway, forgetting my tangent...excellent chapter!
timelordsdaleksandsherlockohmy chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
Aw. Poor, poor Jimmy. So, this must be when he finds the Venture... This is a great backstory for him. You're doing really well. And your writing is so enjoyable to read. It's just so sad for Jimmy that his mother left. I have a secret hope for this story, but I'll wait and see where you go with it next. Honestly cannot wait for another chapter. Update soon!
YagamiNeko chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
o.0 Aww ... No 11 year old should be treated that way! It was horrible that his father thought the money Jimmy stole belonged to him! The description in this chapter was very well done, especially in the fight scene. I'll be checking back soon!
timelordsdaleksandsherlockohmy chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Wow, did anyone ever tell you how good you are at the whole emotion thing? Because you are. Really good. This was a great backstory for Jimmy. I'm really enjoying it. I can't see how you write Jimmy's history next. Update soon!