Reviews for Backfire
BEMHelene chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
So sweet :D I can just see Harm doing it this way.. Just jumping into it, so there is no time to chicken out!
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
I could SO see something like this happening with Mac & Harm. Very well done...built up the tension and suspense equally well, and very effectively.
marye904 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
These two never do anything the easy way great story
MyOwnWorstCritic chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
AAH! YIPPEE!

LOVE it!

Those cops are hilarious. Leave it to them to not realize the whole situation, lol.

And the funniest thing is, I can actually see it happening! I feel so bad for Harm, his surprise was totally ruined!
Viktorija chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
I really like this Harm and ruined surprise;it was very interesting to read.I like your writing writing!

Vika
paperbirch chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Well, the nice thing about not reading Fanfic for awhile is having several stories available by one's favorite author. I really enjoyed this one, Nellie, you have the characters portrayed so accurately. This was great, I love how the police ruined the surprise, but also gave Harm an easy way to start his proposal. No backing out this time!

Diane
swimERfanatic13 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
love it!
teecha8 chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Ah, Nettie...when I saw your name I knew I woud enjoy the story, and I wasn't disappointed! The weather must be cooling off in your part of the world because I thought this story might get a little steamy ;-0
alix33 chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
"the early blast of winter had just reinforced her negative feelings towards everything and everyone." - While I realise a Johannesburg winter is more or less equal to a DC early summer, it was...er...less nice to read about "the early blast of winter" from a Johannesburg where we had "early blasts of autumn" all of the nights when I got home from work last week.

"“Plans for the weekend, ma’am?” Jennifer Coates asked, stopping next to her." - Three is something so incredibly exhausting about those "plans for the weekend", or maybe it is just me, whose "plans for the weekend" for the last three weeks were basically letting my back develop what some would consider a far too close relationship with the cushions of my sofa.

"the only Naval man she could think of was a Commander." - If MY best friend was a Navy guy who looked like Harm, I would also have trouble thinking about other men in the US Navy.

"Grabbing her cell, she dialled 911 and reported the intruder." - Call me weird, but I would have liked very much to have read the transcript of that particular phone call.

"she peered through hoping to see the intruder without him seeing her, but she couldn’t spot him. From the sounds, the man was in her bedroom which infuriated her beyond belief." - How does she know or what makes her think the intruder is indeed a him?

"turning on her heal" - 'turning on her heel'.

"It was Mac who finally broke the silence. “If you expect an answer you have to ask the question.”" - And she actually looked Harm in the (very beautiful, IMO) eyes when she said that? That just shows you: Mac has far more courage than I would ever have! If I were her, I would have been too absolutely mortified to utter a single syllable for the whole of the rest of the night!

"and then I probably would have chicken out, again." - 'chickened out, again'.

AW, cute ending! And if they still want to eat something to celebrate Mac's birthday after their proper (or should that be improper?;-P) celebration of their impending nuptials, they'll have to get pizza or Chinese delivered, since their food is now burnt.
achaon chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Good story. I enjoyed it. Thanks.
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
lol. That WOULD happen to Harm, wouldn't it? Fantastic story, yet again. Thanks for sharing it!
michelle UK chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Loved it, poor Harm, hit by Mac thinking he's an intruder,forgetting to cancel the police, very funny.
gypsyrose06 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was hilarious! What a proposal!
Karen19 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was one of the most original proposal scenes, poor Harm, if there was ever a no good deed goes unpunished, this was it. Great story.
aserene chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
cute! Poor Harm, first an ornament and then the police frisk him. Excellent work!