Reviews for Debitum Naturae
SereneMayhem chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Sorry, can't be bothered to log in ;P

This is amazingly written. I adored it :)
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I'm glad I stumbled upon this. A very good characterisation of Regulus, you have made him a strong character, I loved that he was rebellious in his own way. I also loved the brotherly bond he had with Sirius, depsite them not beeing in speaking terms. I'm also happy, that he was capable of remorse and that - somewhere deep down- he was ashamed of himself. Nice detail, that he couldn't cast the cilling curse!

I also liked your story-telling it was veyr interesting to read about the lives of the spoiled pure-bloods.

I'm favoriting this and putting you on alert!

Cheers: Diko
deleted2012 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I adore this!

You have such an amazing grasp of who Regulus is, and you've shared with all of us this insight.

I think my favourite must have been the swimming scene, but his mother killing that poor man and lighting the shop ablaze has to come a very close second!

x Smaginn
Katamabob chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This was absolutely incredible. Very powerful insight into a much-overlooked character. Well done. Very sad, beautiful, well written.

Kate
verity candor chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Wow. Really. Just, wow.
AuburnGraces28 chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
really loved this. You managed to show so many sides to Regulus, as well as the relationship he has with Sirius.
expiry 4.23 chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
This was so haunting and evocative. You transported me into Regulus's head. His thoughts on blood, on family...loyalty...they were so muddled, profound, and sharp - all at the same time. He had a strong moral code, I think; the issue was, he was just so tired of fighting and over-analysing.

'It was a strange, surreal moment then, to see his brother become a killer. Regulus thinks about the blood on his own hands, of the Muggles and Mudbloods and blood traitors he has exterminated, and thinks, ironically, he and Sirius ended up having something in common after all.'

I was drawn especially to that line. His love for Sirius changed so much as he grew and became more cognizant of what it meant to be a Black, a blood-traitor, and an adult.

This was beautiful. Thank you for writing it.
theworlditgoes chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
What I love so much about Harry Potter is the amount of minor characters that haven't been explored as deeply in the books as others. It gives fanfiction writers the oppurtunity to go crazy with their characterisations.

With that said, I love your Regulus Black. He's become one of my favourite characters in the HP fandom, and I found your version of him to be entirely believeable. This story was very moving. There was one line that you wrote towards the end; "He wants to be positive that his death is not as insignificant as his life," that I found particularly touching. That's exactly how I imagined his thought process to be as he went into the cave for the Horcrux.

Anyhoo - what else can I say? I loved it :)
anjuhleenuh chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was really well-written.

You developed the character quite nicely, especially since we have no idea who he was really like.

Great job; thanks for writing (:
dolphinlover101 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
This story is awesome and exactly how picture regulus
Tamira chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was a very good story. - The whole drug-sex-death thing was nearly to much for me, but I can see it happen.

I feel sad, that Reg thinks his brother was betraying him. i don't think Sirius did. He was just a kid, a teenager himself and he might have had the energy to fight for himself, but also to fight for his younger brother, not to forget him, leave him behind? It's a bit much to await of a kid.

But it makes sense, Reg feels like this!