Reviews for Public Service Announcement
Laurie Jupiter chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Haha! I so agree with this.

Inconsistencies in 1980's era technology (and I have read a fanfic that actually made that mistake - the author was even fully aware of it!), all the Rorshach/OC romances...while I've learned to be open-minded about such pairings ever since I read this one fanfic that actually nailed his character and the OC wasn't some idiotic Mary Sue, drooling over Rorshach is gross. He is smelly AND he's a nutjob. Seriously, running into this guy in the middle of the night after being threatened by some thugs is not what I call an ideal romantic meeting. His views on women are a huge turn-off, especially when he called the Comedian's attempted rape of Sally Jupiter a "moral lapse". Ugh.

How about all the Adrian/OC romances, while they're not as popular as Rorshach/OC seems to be, his character is getting the same treatment. Okay, so we don't actually know whether Adrian is fully homosexual or if he's bisexual but it's annoying how his major canon flaws are brushed aside for some tender romancing. He's polite yeah, but he's also conceited and delusional. Eliminating half of New York is pretty f-ing scary. How many people has this guy killed? the Comedian, a bunch of business associates he poisoned in Antarctica and-oh, millions of people in New York. *Sigh*, I don't begrudge anyone for writing any Adrian/OC stories because hey, he's attractive and brilliant, but it annoys me when he's turned into some fluff bunny straight out of "Twilight".

Sorry for ranting, but there's just so many of these in the fandom. Thanks for writing this PSA! :)
water kangaroo chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
hahaha made me lol ] so i read the rest of the reviews...and are there REALLY ppl who right Rorschach/mary sue OC couplings where they fall for each other? *throws up* at least, that's what i got out of it...don't get me wrong, i LOVE rorschach, but only if he's himself- a violently skilled killer of scumbags that doesn't care what ppl think about him and does as he pleases. god if he was anything else, my respect would be lost. but anyways, nice "announcement"!
Sally the Czar chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I am writing this with tears of joy in my eyes. for NAILING IT.

OH MY GOD.

"HOW DO I WROTE FIC?" is everywhere, and watchmen is now in the crosshairs. great.
Claudia Thorn chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I love you.

Fanfi- I mean, NEW YORK could really benefit from more of these types of PSAs. I see it happening EVERYWHERE.
cornflakesnobowl chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
i'm becoming a fan of you.
Deichkind chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I want to hug you.
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Simply brilliant. I love how the emphasis was highlighted in bold, as if Laurie really tried to make her voice heard. Made me laugh so loud the librarian almost threw me out.
snlover10 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Haha, not a big Laurie fan, but this is funny. I can't stand those stupid people who haven't read the book and going into the cinemas thinking it's the typical, action packed superhero kind of film.
Temeti chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
u r AWSOME. while there are gd watchmen fics out there (and im a big fan of them) there are so many that mess up such a gd story.( i count the movie as one of these). i had the idea to do this too but u beat me to it and did a far better job than i ever could.

i salute u
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Very nice. True, also.

Although if fans stupid enough to seek trouble in hope of rescue, why warn them? Could do with thinning out of idiots from fan-base Especially Mary-Sue writers.
Rain the Revenant chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
SUPASLIM used Obvious and Canonical Information attack!

Critical hit!

It's super effective!

Foe STUPID FANFICTION WRITERS lost 255 Hit Points!
Valerie chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I love you.
Vintage Writer chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Agreed. But it was bound to happen...seriously, rory falling in love with a mary-sue...only when pigs fly.
kxxd chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I lol'd. I wish all people would read this before posting.
Ryuusui chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Aww, but I do love my movie!Adrian I guess that's what specifying "movie-verse" or "comic-verse" is for.

AGREEDx100 for the rest, though! Why is it so hard for people to grasp something as simple as a DATE? I guess it's because they'd have to do a little research? SIGH.