Reviews for Airmail
irritablevowel chapter 8 . 10/9
This chapter. This. F-ing. Chapter. I swear, this single-handedly made me a NephxMako shipper. Other fics may try, but this is the *ultimate* N/M scene for me!
Cassandra Royal chapter 42 . 4/24
Okay, speaking generally, I don't read fanfictions where the average word count per chapter appears to only be set a a mere 2,000. Generally, I go for more words, less chapters kinda thing, but I wanted a longer fiction about Minako and Kunzite and this was one of the few that popped up. Going in upon the first chapter, I didn't expect much. Okay, really anything even decent, but then you surprised me instantaneously by setting up the mood and obviously the setting in Kunzite's perspective. I fell for the angst, the realism that gets rid of the cliches and deep emotion that threatens to burst through the screen of my computer. The fact that the average word count for like the first thirty chapters was probably between 500-2,000 words left me spinning a bit in curiosity, as it could've been written in about say 3-5 chapters total, but either way, I continued to fall deeper and deeper and deeper into your story. Honestly I can say that I began to just not care anymore.

First off, the story construction. The way you wrote this story goes in on what I mentioned before about the strange word counts, as every chapter was basically one sceen and the next was another one sceen. Oddly enough, it worked very well because you made the story very fast paced and immediate. Everything was connected flawlessly and continued the exact same emotions from the follow up. To say the least, I was rather astonished that this kept me so in tune. Everything was simplified, and stayed true to the plotline. It didn't go off into tangents, everything was just plotline, plotline, plotline. It made it very easy to know exactly what the heck was going on, and I liked that after all the drama between Rei, Ando, Takeshi, and Minako that you had Hiromasa and Mako talk about the drama in simple sentences to summarize what really happened to make sure the reader understood. Interesting choice too, very nice touch to put it as dialogue.

Secondly, dialogue. Okay, this is probably the second, no... Third fanfiction I've read where the dialogue was just absolutely out of this world. IT MADE THE STORY. Few authors, even published ones that I've read from (in my opinion at least), cannot compare to what you accomplished in this story. By the word! What comes to mind now especially is the shouting match between Rei and Minako in the rainstorm. The words and the realism stuck me as otherworldly (your writing). Everything was just spot on and REAL, and you're so witty with everyone. Especially Ando. Hahah, he made me laugh so many times. What a smartass he was. I cannot say enough on how to explain my sheer love for your dialogue skills. It was really quite incredible, so I commend you greatly. Not that it means much, but you have my sincerest respect.

Thirdly, characterization. First off I am going to say that in Sailor Moon everything is much lighter and more bubbly and obviously very 'animated'. Everything's exaggerated. You, however, toned that into a story of something real and much darker. Even references to their powers didn't make the story sound akin to the lightness as seen in Sailor Moon. YOU MADE THE STORY REALISTIC. Characters were themselves, but shaped into the realism of the story. So, characterization was undoubtedly flawless. Minako especially, and Rei. I fell even more in love with these two with how you shaped them.

Fourthly, relationships. Okay, I loved how you made some relationships more dominant than others. For Makoto and Hiramasa, they fell in love quickly, and their storylines basically were made for helping the other characters reconcile with the past and their individual relationships. Interesting indeed. Also for Ami and Umino, I liked how obscurely they were written, but when you did have them in the story, they were mentioned to take things slow. That was pretty adorable, as they both seem pretty conservative and frequent to blushing. (Also, having Umino's grandmother assume he was gay was perhaps the funniest thing ever. Was it a reference to the classic anime where he was made out to be a girl, or just because of his overall romantic characterization as a philosopher? Ah, the questions). As for Rei and Ando, just WOW. I did not expect Rei to drop the bombshell of her past life on him like that and basically throw their relationship out the window for the entirety of the story, especially after they'd made so much progress at the temple! But she's Rei, she's fiery and tumultuous and completely unpredictable. Nevertheless, poor Ando (Did you take quite the liking to his character, because it appeared that way :) ) Last, but certainly not least, Takeshi and Minako. I was more than a little surprised about how their relationship prospered, as it was extremely rocky. Reading this, I was like, "They REALLY need to talk, as in, right now!" I really felt for both of them, both reeling from the past but desperately wanting to be together, but not being able to talk about it. It drove me nuts, but they live happy now, so I'm satisfied.

Okay, I've been writing for about 45 minutes now. I think I've said my piece, but I'll add a few more side comments. It's not often I read something this amazing, and when I do, I read until I can't stay up any more, which is what I did. I found this story at what, 7pm yesterday and read from then until 2am (at that point I was midway though the Epilogue), and finished it in the morning. So yes, very amazing story, and I'm now on the 2nd chapter of the sequel. Loved this story and will read more!

Have a lovely day!

Llavender chapter 1 . 1/31
Just wanted to let you know I'm reading your story again. Really really love it! "The occasional pretty blonde": is subtle but tells a lot about his subconscious world
angeljme chapter 42 . 11/21/2015
Bitter-sweet ending
irritablevowel chapter 42 . 10/12/2015
I LOVE this story. Definitely a new favorite. (I'm so thankful there are sequels waiting for me!) You have a depth of understanding for these characters that is really extraordinary. Everything that happened, everything that was said was totally believable. It's just really a beautiful story. Thank you!
Guest chapter 42 . 1/22/2015
It's nearly 5 am and I just finished the whole story in one block.

You nearly killed me with that ending. So unbelievably sad, even though I felt it coming. My heart hurts for Rei and Jadeite after this.

Great job on this, even though it almost made me cry!
Q chapter 42 . 12/31/2014
Oh my gosh, you are such an amazing writer! I spent my whole afternoon/evening reading through Airmail, and I absolutely loved it!
angeljme chapter 6 . 12/10/2014
Mina is so crazy, it is the same whether she's depressed or serious. I can almost see the fire in Rei's eyes telling her to not come back at the shrine.
Llavender chapter 39 . 11/27/2014
What a beautifully sad chapter! V&K love is so tormenting! Your story is really engaging!
Llavender chapter 6 . 11/27/2014
This is lovely. I like the way you created a list for Minako. That's creative!
fieryantares chapter 42 . 10/29/2014
SilverIcy chapter 42 . 7/9/2014
Wow. That's very intense emotional story. You got me all mess up emotionally and cry over the heartbreaking Ando and Rei scenes. I cannot fathom why this story has so few reviews, it should deserve the many reviews from the readers.
Vanillabeancobain chapter 42 . 5/10/2014
This was beautiful. Your writing style is so expressive and poetic and the characterisation was spot on. You should be proud of this story, it's incredible.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 33 . 10/6/2013
Men wear cologne, women wear perfume
Ame Yumeko chapter 6 . 8/12/2013
As a longtime Sen/Shi fan, I'm a little embarrassed to admit I've never read this before. And wow, I've been missing out! This chapter was the quintessential Minako. I think this is exactly how she'd react to seeing him again (a lot more realistic than stories where they immediately start bickering or she just runs back into his arms as if nothing happened.) It was funny, but kind of heartbreaking at the same time. But there are lots of chapters left! Plenty of time for them to work things out! ...Right?