Reviews for Childhood
Damian Lovat chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Type your review here...
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Aww, so many emotions right now! That was wonderful!
Hidden Lines chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Whoa, that was deep.

"Momma! Momma! Did you really play Pokémon too when you were my age?"

The girl, now a woman, stares at her daughter. She pats the girl's red curls and smiles, staring into her dark eyes.

"Yes, Carol, I really did."

One of the most epic endings ever.
dragonhalf-lover17 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Wow, just wow. This is so heart warming. Thank you for such a heart warming story. It really warms my heart, since I still love pokemon, and not many do that are my age.
MoonDot chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
A little sad, but warm.
RhythmicRhapsody chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
This story's incredible
AlyDmy chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
This is good! :)
Ryan Libra chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
This made me smile.

I don't know about you, but the page dividers were extremely effective. After all, who needs to know all the sordid details of the main character's life when you can simply focus on the parts that matter, those that highlight the message that you want to convey to your readers? _

The other kids grow up, huh? Though I won't deny that there is something almost... pathologic?... about the way she views the game. "She cries to them, about them. To her they’re real. They have personalities and lives and souls. They’re her children." Her thinking borders on psychosis (and I'm talking medically and not maliciously here, with "psychosis" meaning "a state of losing touch with reality"), but it DOES add lots of emotion, especially when you get to the end.

A story about growing up, and letting go. Just goes to show that Pokemon fanfiction doesn't always have to be about trainers going on their journeys. _

Ryan L

P.S. I'm in my twenties and still play. I'm still excited about the games (especially with the remakes of Gold and Silver). Things may change, but there are certain aspects of my childhood that I don't plan on letting go yet. For a long time, anyway. _
Not Interested In Your Lies chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
This is very sweet.
Caldazar Atreides chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Sweet. Not a whistling 'sweet,' like some guy oogling over some new piece of hardware, but that melt-in-your-chest, high-from-petting-the-cat/dog feeling. Really, this is truly heartwarming. I was grinning like an idiot the whole way through.

Overall, yeah, this story was pretty good. The disjointed feeling you were probably concerned about?- I felt it added to the pace of the piece, showing how time was fleeting and hasting in making us take the next step. It felt like a story being told to a later audience, not quite an autobioigraphy but more expansive than a memoir. It's hard to compare with something contemporary. Like the story a grandmother would tell her grandkids, perhaps? The feel of it just fits.

Good ending. I was a little disappointed that the character gave away her games to Goodwill, but having an actual daughter Carol, who also played Pokémon, was just the perfect way to finish. The recurrence of "Momma! Momma!" in the last section was great. I had not been expecting it.

There is one thing you left unresolved, which I felt was coming the instant I read the words "the new game comes out," but it didn't. When Carol was transferred to Silver, what did her gender come out as? You might say that it doesn't matter, but I'm looking at it for the value of an "I knew it!" or "I told you so!" moment.

I look forward to reading what other stories you've created.

-Caldazar Atreides
hey-oh chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
And here it is, weeks later and I forgot to review/fave...

...you have my permission to shoot me.

But you know I loved it, and I'd be happy to nit-pick for you any day.

XD

"MAY HE THUNDER FOREVER!"

Blake
xyz1984 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Aw... That's pretty sad, but it reminds me of myself to an extent, though I'm not quite as obsessed.
Damned Lolita chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Ah, luv.

Still miss 'em. I'm glad my loss inspired you. (At least, I figure it did if I remember our convo correctly.)

Hell no some orphan's getting my Pokemon! MINE I TELL YOU! /Laughs/ But...thank you.

It helped to read that.
Lixie Lorn chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Aww... sad... but sweet...

General Everin Stormclaw of the Emerald Stars and the New Chu Order, Dragon Prince and the Sixth Sutakage, Bearer of the Prophecy and the Moonrider, Commander of the Blood Talons, out.
Fayth in the Music chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
This story was great. I loved it. It kinda reminds me of my first pokemon game, except it was Ruby. Still, I think I was her age.

This story has so much truth to it. I can still remember all my pokemon...I think anyone who's played the game can.

This was wonderful!