Reviews for Hands Off
MaXdana chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was perfect. Was it wrong of me to laugh when I got to the end? It was only because it was so realistic and I was thinking back to some other fics I've read/liked. I really loved this oneshot.

And my heart burst at the mention of a David Bowie celebrity crush. I love that man as well xD

-MaXdana
Emerald Gaze chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
well...carp that had to hurt

of course it hurt but hay it really brought reality to rorschach too bad for ur oc!_!
Moonphase chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I love authors who are voices of reason. Rorshach is well scary! I mean ... yes he is cool and has an awesome voice...but scary. If I saw him I'd run and hide!
E. Edwin chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This is a nice one-shot. I like the premise, and it's quite well executed. I think your writing toward the middle is especially good, although the intro could be a bit more engaging. Nice!
HistoryintheMaking chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
VERY well written and VERY in character. You did an excellent job. If only I could write half as well as you do!
Tal chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
Lmao that was great! loved how he thought it must have been a trap, classic :)
Kwai Ax'nav chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
haha lol.i loved it even if i dont mind reading about the sue storys you metioned.i agree with you completly on your view and find it refreshing and laughing after she got elbowed which left me in tears at the end i hope to read more of this realistic rorschach.
The Lost and Found Box chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Thank you, thank you very much. Someone finally got it right! Love the use of the songs, btw. ;)
Dana Norram chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Alright, that's great indeed.
xKillthelights chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
I loved this! This is a completely realistic way for Rorschach to react, and I love how you decided to show those Rorschach/OC stories how unrealistic it is. Poor Kim, all she wanted to do was say thank you! But she did learn her lesson. Never touch Rorschach.
MsCap chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
I'm a newbie to this forum-middle-aged and hooked on our dear Walter (Jackie Earle Haley is the reason...)

Well done, well done! clap, clap... I hate to think he'd do that to a young girl..not sure he would, actually (To him she'd be more like a dumb kid..), but you did a great, convincing job.

I'm a bit of an edgy MarySue-have not published yet, but have a hum-dinger I've been working on-violence, conflict, stalking, sex, poignancy-but NEVER romance, or not the kind he'd be aware of.I think he is a romantic, but he's not consicous of it. It distorts reality for him, this sentimental side of him that tries to hang on to hope...This is why he blows a gasket over Blair Roche-if she can get killed, who's safe? What is he really protecting?

Rorschach will see shades of gray in my world... He's got to deny it some way...and I have many of those planned.

Anyhoo, thanks for the sardonic approach. It has opened some doors of imagination for me, and actually impacted how I continued with my story..not too many other stories have done that so far.

Where's part two, where he finds her student ID in her purse, and no drugs and her name badge from the ice cream parlor? LOL...Remember, Walter/Rorschach has mucho guilt going for him-and women are great triggers. Mum made him feel like shit. He'd not be so nervous round them if he wasn't fighting off fundamental desire mixed with fear-he's on the verge of a violant reaction, sort of like a rapist would be-blaming the object of desire, and trying to have power over it.

-NOw a brief digression:

As Walter noted, Rorschach is free of lust and fear-meaning W is not, eh? And he can never unmarry from Walter-it is Walter's fundamental compassion that wins in the end, that makes him condemn Dr. M's lack of humanity. It's why he can't live in such a world..deep down, he knows people are weak, lambs to slaughter. He's torn about his mother, was she prey or predator? So he goes unresolved...I plan on showing a resolution, myself.-

Thanks for the sounding board.

And I truly admired/ loved your story; it's pure sociopath Rorschach-with the hair-trigger response to women.

Thanks again, this is good stuff.

Regards,

M
anon chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
This is creepy. I work at a nearby ice cream store. I am her age. I would do whatever he asked me to. I realize he's a creepy, smelly psycho. I'm more than obsessed.

Do I know you, author? -eyebrow raise-

Regardless I agree wholeheartedly with your point. OCs are 99% fail. Kudos.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
LOL, you brought up a pretty good point for all the OC/Rorshach writers out there. I'm more of a Comedian and Ozymandias fan but I love Rorshach's character too. And it really burns my eyes when I see all these Rorshach romance fics. Truthfully, I don't really understand why Suethors want to pair their OC's with Rorshach. He has nasty B.O., he KILLS people and he HATES women. I pretty much thought that last bit of info would turn off any authors from a romance fic starring Rorshach but apparently not. Sure he's a good complex character and writing fanfiction about him is fine but he is not romantic dammit! Anyway, thanks for writing this fic and I hope the message gets across to the Suethors out there who are planning on writing their Rorshach/Mary Sue fanfic.
Robin Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
Argh! That was odd for me to read... see, my non-ffnet name is Kimberly (preferred: Kim), I just so happen to LOVE David Bowie, and I had "Right Round" stuck in my head yesterday. O_O

FML. (lol)

And oh yeah, almost forgot - I'm completely and utterly in love with Rorschach... Dammit, Rory, why'd you have to go and kill me? XP

But seriously though - aside from the weirdness (which is just my own damn personal problem lol), I'm glad this wasn't meant to be a serious fic. I read it the first time thinking it was and I was like WTF? lol But then I read your A/N at the bottom and realized what you meant ("I see what you did there" haha), and suddenly it all made much more sense... and yes, once I realized it was supposed to be funny, it was. So cheers to that. XD

And it WAS nice to see some non-fluff Rory fiction. I just wish you hadn't killed me! lol ;)

~ R.S.
PinkZebra chapter 1 . 5/23/2009
Haha, oh I love you! I was worried that this was just another Rorschach love fest, in which his character would become totally and utterly warped and a skewed... People (especially women) don't seem to get the fact that not all men are looking for love and affection. You seem to know Rorschach's character so well, and it's nice to see that there are still fans like you out there that still understand that a deranged psychopath is actually a deranged psychopath and a not a misguided puppy dog.

Very good and well done. This defiantly is going on my favorites list. :)

Sincerely,