Reviews for The Best Revenge
aamlkb chapter 23 . 2/21
I really hate this scheming Dumbledore
Jake Crepeau chapter 39 . 2/19
I agree with you about Dumbledore's knowing about the Horcruxes. The diary alerted him to the fact that there were more than one, and when he got that messed-up memory from Slughorn, he suspected that Tom might have asked or said something that might indicate how many there might be, which would be why he was hoping Harry would be able to get the unaltered memory from the man.
Jake Crepeau chapter 38 . 2/17
I understood from the books that Susan's parents were killed, as well, and that's why she lived with Amelia.
DreadPirateWombat chapter 34 . 2/17
Oh no! Poor timing on Albus' part.
DreadPirateWombat chapter 21 . 2/16
Please lend Hermione the Burbage book!
DreadPirateWombat chapter 8 . 2/16
I can't help but hate Dumbledore. His politics should not supersede Harry's welfare. Give him to the Malfoys!
DreadPirateWombat chapter 7 . 2/16
I think if something waylays Professor Snape, his precautions could turn disadvantageous to Harry. I really hope that doesn't happen!
Jake Crepeau chapter 31 . 2/16
Oh, I really wish that breed of sheep were real! Its wool sounds even more pleasant to spin than Shetlands! ;D

PS: Sheep don't bite. They can't. They have no bottom teeth in front. Now if you're dumb enough to get a finger between their molars, that's a whole other kettle of fish...

PPS: Dame Maggie doesn't look bad even now, in her eighties, so she must have been gorgeous when she was younger.
Jake Crepeau chapter 30 . 2/16
Ummm. you can't step on a riser, because the riser is the *vertical* part. The horizontal part that you step on is simply a "step."
Jake Crepeau chapter 24 . 2/15
I went through something similar in basic training when I joined the Air Force. I was the only Northerner in my flight; the other forty-nine girls were all from south of the Mason-Dixon Line. You don't know how long it took them to understand that eating a plain, un-iced donut with your hands is NOT rude where I came from, nor was drinking soda directly from the can. Oddly enough, I struck up a decent friendship with a girl from a well-known, wealthy family, all because I expressed an interest in the customs of high Virginia society. So I think in a lot of cases, fanon has it right: A lot of the resentment against muggleborns is simply because they don't try to fit in.
Jake Crepeau chapter 22 . 2/15
According to the Harry Potter Wiki, Pettigrew was a Hatstall; the Hat couldn't make up its mind whether to put him in Gryffindor or Slytherin.
I like the way Harry is reacting to having friends now, and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. It's actually a common reaction among abused kids; hand-in-hand with it is the tendency to tell their entire life story to anyone who expresses the least interest. So Snape is actually perfect for him at this stage, someone to teach him how to filter his mouth so he doesn't have the learn the hard way. Well done!
Jake Crepeau chapter 20 . 2/15
If you keep any animal penned up in a barn, it's going to stink. Given free access to pasture 24/7/365, sheep don't smell at all, except for a very pleasant odor of lanolin, which is in their wool.
Pigs, though...they're in a class by themselves.
Yes, we've had both on our farm.
Jake Crepeau chapter 16 . 2/15
Hate to bust your bubble, but eleven-year-old bad guys really do exist. I knew one. Bad at eleven, worse as a grownup. He had a rap sheet before he was even out of middle school.
DracoMalfoy.Devotee chapter 47 . 2/14
A remarkable job is done. I'm glad that I've read this book. I suppose I will be reading the sequel as well. Thank you.
DracoMalfoy.Devotee chapter 22 . 2/11
Well, that was rather interesting. Note that it wasn't remotely surprising to put Harry in Hufflepuff house. The moment Snape had volunteered to deliver Harry his Hogwarts' letter and due to nice and less snarly bloke of a manlike appearance: caused Harry to like Snape, if not labelling his favourite Professor already, it was rather obvious that Harry was bound to be sorted into Hufflepuff. It makes the whole narrative even more promising. Last; but not the least, how thoughtful of you to let him have friends from all other houses as well!
7,004 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »