Reviews for The Best Revenge
Ivar Hugo chapter 1 . 4/14
I find myself re-reading this story, which is one of my favourites. Even though I disagree with some of your choices as far as characterization is concerned-for instance, I think you're far too kind to Snape, Draco and especially Lucius-the writing is more than good enough to compensate.

Your Dumbledore is a fascinating creature. I like that he's not the malevolent force he's sometimes made into in fanfiction, but neither are his faults entirely ignored. Perhaps one way to describe him would be as a senilely benevolent man of surpassing cleverness? It would certainly explain some of his administrative decisions. For instance, why would a wholly good, eminently reasonable Headmaster with considerable political clout (all of which allegedly apply to Canon!Dumbledore) tolerate Canon!Snape treating his students as he does? In the same vein, why employ fellows like Filch, Lockhart, Binns?

I'll end this rambling review by saying that I appreciate the infusion of high culture into your stories (e.g. the visit to the ballet). It makes for a richer story, I think, and especially apt in Harry Potter fanfiction, given the ubiquity of magic in the Classics.
Blissful Winter chapter 45 . 4/14
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! It's so refreshing to read about a truly happy Harry that acts his age. You took canon and cleverly twisted it into something unique but recognizable at the same time. I'm sure I'll be rereading this in the future. As for now, I'm excited to start reading the sequel!
Hainbuche chapter 47 . 4/6
der schmale junge mit dem buch ist sicher zach smith gewesen, ob wohl könnte auch ein weasley und sonst was sein, creevey?
ich mag snapes ansatz, vielleicht sollte er harry den großteil über lupin sagen und anschliesend mit schweigebann oder so.
eine schöne geschichte, weiter so. lg h
Gioia chapter 11 . 3/31
"I'm shocked, shocked to find rule-breaking going on in here!"

Love that quip! That line always reminds me of Casabalanca. Capt. Renault: "I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"
Gioia chapter 1 . 3/30
After several years of re-reading this story frequently, I've finally figured out what this phrase reminded me of:

The Green Room. (It's NOT called the Nursery Anymore!)

Judith Viorst. I can hear that room's title in the same voice as, "Alexander, Who's Not (Do You Hear Me? I Mean It!) Going to Move."

Somehow, the idea of Draco bellowing exactly like the petulant Alexander amuses me greatly.

Great job on those room titles. I think I've told you this before, but your writing style is SO emotionally evocative, even in the tiny places like this.
He will knock four times chapter 42 . 3/29
HAH! Snapes scoring!
He will knock four times chapter 39 . 3/28
*reads last paragraph*

Dun dun dun duuuuuunnnnnn...
He will knock four times chapter 18 . 3/27
I do so love how snape verbally trapped dumbledore by getting him to deny everything else and then spring the definitive proof on him later.
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 11 . 3/27
Also, last chapter, I think you meant Tiwaz rather than Tyr. I didn't mention it in my last review but I thought perhaps I should.
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 10 . 3/27
I have a passing knowledge of Eldar Futhark. Out of curiosity, what rune did you use in your head for the Y of Harry's name?
Kaya70 chapter 1 . 3/21
Love it
sachaelle chapter 20 . 3/21
I went to your author page & even to your website but i cant seem to find the rune link nor the spreadsheet about the Dursley state income from Harry. Could you please repost them or just tell me were to find them?
MattKennedy chapter 45 . 3/7
Really enjoyed the story and your ideas about how things might have turned out differently. :)
delia cerrano chapter 47 . 3/6
Great story. Read it over a couple of days. Usually like Snarry slash but found this a lot of fun and really kept my interest. I'm going to see if you made a sequel...I hope so. I'd like to see Harry tell Snape and Burbrage that he considers them his parents and loves them. Would like to read Charity marrying Snape. And give Harry a "brother" or "sister". I would have loved it if Severus found some money for Harry to inherit from somewhere. Sorry but for some reason I really like slash (and I'm female) so I'd like to have Harry paired with Draco. Some stories have mpreg so that would work out.
Venetiangrl92 chapter 47 . 3/6
I love this story! So can't wait to read the next story! Xoxo
5,632 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »