Reviews for The Best Revenge
InkHeart17 chapter 3 . 8/11/2014
Outstanding! I am loving every word of this story so far. The similarities between Snape's and Harry's childhoods are rarely discussed, and my goodness I am enjoying Snape's indignation on Harry's behalf. I cannot articulate at the present time how sad and invigorating all of this is to me. Just know that you have done an amazing job with this alternate version of events. Bravo!
marthapreston4 chapter 11 . 8/11/2014
I thought the imperius was illegal so why is the proffesor allowed to use it on the dursely?
marthapreston4 chapter 8 . 8/11/2014
This chapter makes you want to slap dumbledore ...hard!
marthapreston4 chapter 7 . 8/11/2014
awww snape is so cute in this
marthapreston4 chapter 3 . 8/10/2014
I love snape yelling at petunia its like rightous revenge
starry eyed dreamers chapter 46 . 8/9/2014
Amazing story! I like how Snape isn't completely different and is still rather antisocial and irritable, but is softer and less unreasonable. I like how Harry has a large group of friends but, for me, I imagine him to be a private person and have a hard time picturing it very well. I also really enjoyed how you included scenes about the Stone and protections from Snape's point of view, and occasionally, even Voldemort's. Good plot, good story, and great writing. It was not too suspenseful, but was always engaging enough to keep me eager about reading it. I hope I will get around to reading the next story soon!
Reader chapter 31 . 8/7/2014
There's a repeat. Really the exact same line for the exorcism. If you have the time, change it around. It's distracting, and it shouldn't be.
E Woderose chapter 24 . 7/30/2014
From your author's note - "I will be alone, far from friends and family, among a lot of very parochial people who know each other very, very well, and me not at all. They will despise my background, while knowing next to nothing about it." I experienced something similar when my father left the military. Too similar. While I now know I could cope, I also know I wouldn't put a child of mine through it. Thank you for your careful consideration of this universe and the ramifications for its characters!
Dr. Blueneck chapter 3 . 7/29/2014
Badass Spane is awesome! Love it!
Guest chapter 22 . 7/27/2014
For the past few chapters, I've really quite enjoyed this story. I don't really read a lot of Harry Potter fanfic and this is the farthest I've come. However, and I hope you don't take this offensively, the last couple of chapters I've read seemed to have too many changes for me. I think what really disappointed me most was Harry's house sorting.

I understand why you did it and of course this is your story, which you wrote in your own time to share with others, but it just seemed so not-Harry Potter. One of the things that made Harry Potter such an epic story for me were the flaws the characters had. Harry was sometimes too reckless, too trusting (of Dumbledore), and too passionate, which can be either good or bad. But he was also courageous, and independent, and bold. And these are the characteristics that made him the great Harry Potter.

With all the changes in the story, it just started to feel like a Stephanie Meyer rewrite of Harry Potter. The main characters, Snape and Harry, are perfect. They don't have any flaws. And all the blame seems to have gone to Dumbledore. It's his fault that Riddle had an unpleasant upbringing and turned bad, that Harry had a horrible childhood, that The Sorcerer's stone was almost stolen. To a certain point it does have validity but Dumbledore is just ONE person. He makes mistakes. I know you mentioned that this isn't a Dumbledore bash fic but it still feels like it. The characters seemed to have become flat. Harry and Snape are good people. Harry does as he's told, he's above house sortings, judgement people, and competitions. That's all fine and dandy but now he's just a Mary Sue character. He has lost his personality, his flaws, the characteristics that make him who he is. He's just an ordinary good guy with magical powers now. To me that's disappointing because that's the reason people read books. To experience recklessness, and bravery, and sadness, and despair. And now Harry Potter has lost those things.

This really is a well written story. Obviously, you've spent a lot of time with it and for that I commend you. I just wished this story didn't have so many changes. As many people say, it's the journey that counts, not the destination.
readingcompulsion24 chapter 3 . 7/29/2014
Cheering! An honest to god story that has someone defend Harry from those abusive pieces of shit!
chocovic-chu chapter 47 . 7/24/2014
Brilliant. Made this reader interested more in Snape-mentoring-Harry fics. Thanks for sharing!
nightkitty555 chapter 4 . 7/24/2014
So, I rather disliked the Ron seen, mostly because I'm not a fan of Ron bashing, which I'm afraid you might dip into. I can understand a bit while he's young, but i'd hope not too much.
Megan S Lox chapter 40 . 7/23/2014
When I read what you put about women during the witch hunts, I had the urge to jump up and shout "this person knows their history!"
Believable chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
So far this has been believable except for the part where Snape yelled at Petunia. I just don't see him reacting that strongly to anything. But still, very well written story!
5,843 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »