Reviews for The Best Revenge
Silva Draconis chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Augh! Now that's evil! I loved the chapter, but the cliffhanger! I hope Severus is not too severely hurt. :P Can't wait till next week.
ruth hammond chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
another cliffie. I was so into the story and then it stopped. I am waiting with baited breath for the next update, please.
ladysavay chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I don't know what is going on. I can only tell you how I feel and with each new chapter I'm finding myself more and more uncomfortable with this story. I guess part of that is that it seems so mean, so miserly and so unfair for Harry to have so little left of his family fortune when he has lost all of his family that cared for him, but also because I feel I'm not seeing the whole picture. I feel like there is an under-story, a secret, an uber plot that is just there out of reach and I can't see it. Then again, I'm almost scared that I'm wrong and there isn't.

I don't know where this is going but it's making me feel really...twitchy, I guess, and until you write substanially more of this story I don't hink I can read it anymore. Maybe I'll check in when you finish it but I'll have to read the last chapter first. First, because I will not read unhappy endings where the bad guys get away with it and second, to find out at last just why this story made me feel so damned uncomfertable and be sure that it's resolved.
Oryx chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Guy and Lydia? If Harry had to be saved from his Malfoy relatives surely his grandparents were Charlus and Dorea? Also, I notice Minerva McGonagall is consistently Minerva while Severus is almost consistently Snape. Does he think of himself as Snape?

A chapter like this makes me wonder what anyone might make of my family by looking through our stuff. How close or far would they be from the truth? Like the advice on always wearing clean underwear - always keep your home clutter-free because you never know if your entire family might die in some disaster and strangers will see all you had there!
MrRobertsIII chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Nicely done! I've been reading fanfic for years on years and I've come across none that had any responsible adults going through the cottage in such a well written manner. Thanks!
Aikoss chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
what is it? what is it?
blue artemis chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I hope that Albus lets Harry keep his jewels. Although there are witnesses, so I'm guessing he can't steal them.

Did Severus find a Horcrux?
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Interesting ending! Cant wait for continuation!
OfTheGreenwood chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I think that why I was disturbed so greatly by the disappearance of Harry's legacy was that Dumbledore allowed, even encouraged such a thing to happen, and then felt no responsibility towards providing for the boy he'd permitted to be left in such a state. (at the least, he should be getting the Manor back from Celestina Warbeck, on his own Galleon if necessary, for the boy who's family he owes such a debt to...but that's just me : ) ) He'd better not touch the items left in the house. Am surprised they're left after the scavengers-perhaps wards that keep out those who are ill-intentioned?

Thanks so much for the update-I wonder what has Snape so frightened or in pain! A curse perhaps? Can't wait to read more!
Killing Curse Eyes chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I liked the chapter. It made me sad for Sevvy though, thinking about Lily's life with another man... But good job! I just /hate/ the cliffie. xD Keep up the good work!
MisterTabi chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
I have a vague idea of what that book is, but it could be several things...not sure yet. I'm too afraid to voice it out.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Thanks for the update.
athenakitty chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Is Harry going to wear the family ring? I'd be surprised if they didn't figure out about Scabbers being Peter. Now what made Severus screamed? I'm surprised that he actually screamed. A manly scream or a girly one?
wynnleaf chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
Always interesting to note how some of the most critical posters are too cowardly to leave a post to which you can respond.

Anyone with half an understanding of what material "things" can tell you about a person (as you clearly do) would find this chapter fascinating. Both Snape and Minerva's reactions to the artifacts are well in character. Your growing picture of James appears spot on to me, at least as far as JKR has given us of his character in canon. I kept wondering if Snape would want something himself and was pleased to see that he seems to be making sure that Harry has it all, including Snape's own gift to Lily.

Interesting that you seem to be keeping Lily's character more of a mystery - or perhaps that's because we're seeing these clues through Snape's eyes.

Hope you can update soon.
Goldenfightergirl chapter 13 . 5/24/2009
no why he screamed! i don't like cliff hangers :(
5,967 | « Prev Page 1 .. 334 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 354 .. Last Next »