Reviews for The Best Revenge
Weasel Fu chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
Nice chapter. It's nice to see Harry being encouraged to be more intellectual. Maybe he'll be more proactive about his education now that he has people he would disappoint by doing badly. If he's going to be in some house other than Gryphendore he will need to be able to study sans Hermione pushing him into it.
Tomorrows Dust chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
Love it! I like that Harry learns to protect himself so well, you've made him resourceful, but not overly so. I like it very much. And the whole thing with his inheritance, it adds just that touch of realism. Wonderfully done . I very much enjoyed reading this, I'd love to see more,

Huggels, Tomorrows Dust
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
Love it! Next please!
Laurenke1 chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
That was very nice, very cute and all.

Thanks for sharing

Lauren
Mother of Tears chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
I really enjoyed your description of Magical home improvement and the instalation of a magical bathroom. At present, workmen are demolishing the bathroom on the other side of my wall and it is LOUD. The magical way sounds so much quieter...

You still haven't told us what happened at Lily's wedding. I hope you will enlighten us eventually.
Dramagirl007 chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
This was an awesome busy chapter. Keep up the good work and please update ASAP. :)
wynnleaf chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
I enjoyed the part about the runes and also about creating a bathroom.

Snape having done his own home improvement work at Spinners End is probably correct. There's no way in real life to get a room with walls completely covered in books *and* put shelves on the door as well. You'd never be able to open the door! Besides, you're right about those sorts of houses not having indoor baths, at least until the yuppies got hold of them and renovated. It made a great way of Snape revealing to Harry some of his own past. Even the fact that Snape is willing to do that shows how very differently he views Harry having met him at the Dursleys rather than at Hogwarts.
Gladoo89 chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
It's a very good chapter, as usual. Your "use" of the magic is well-thought and very interesting. I can't wait to see Snape and Harry shopping together!
Shiva'sGirl chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
so cute. LOVE it as always, brilliant job!
La Mariane chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
Thanks for the update!

I liked all the runic magic Harry did, and what Minerva taught him.

And I'm curious to know what happened at Lily's wedding.
mei chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
wahh no more to read yet...what will i do in the mean time...
somethingjustlikethat chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
WOW! Runes! They are very interesting!:D Great job!
Stunna21 chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
good chapter so update soon and keep writing its great.
tonksiscool chapter 11 . 5/11/2009
This was very intresting, nice chapter.

I always wanted to know more about Ancient Runes... of course Ive seen them in books or on stones or wood in museums, like Futhak and Ogham runes at Haithabu or Ribe and Hieroglyphics in Egypt or in several museums here in Europe.

After all we only know from canon that some students like Hermione took this subject as an elective in third year, but not really what they (wizards) can do with it.

Wards are mentioned in canon, but never explained in this detail.

You wrote that very well and obviously you resached and thought about this a lot. Thank you!

Watching Minerva and Severus as wizard builders was a lot of fun to read.

That was an excellent introduction for Harry about what his new subjects of Charms and Transfiguration will be of use in the real world, so he wont be bored to death if he has to start with changing matches into needles. He will be very eager to learn all he can at Hogwarts.

I am so glad that Severus and Minerva care about Harry and that they took action to help him, its going to make a world of difference for him.
mei chapter 8 . 5/11/2009
i can't believe the potters were stupid enough to do such a thing..at least not lily anyway, james is that stupid so it was all him.
5,881 | « Prev Page 1 .. 337 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 357 .. Last Next »