Reviews for The Best Revenge
tatajess chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Good chapter!

I'm glad you didn't do the traditional fanfic thing by making Dumbledore automatically agree to house Harry with someone else. He knew that Harry wasn't treated like a son in canon but yet he left Harry with the Dursleys after all.

I'm looking forward to reading about McGonagall's idea for Harry's living situation. The Sorting Hat scene should be fun to read as well!

Thanks for writing and keep up the great work!
Secrettheshadow chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
I absolutly love this story! Snape is so cool! Please update soon!
Lady Heather68 chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Just found your story and read all eight chapters and i would like to say that what you have done so far is excellent. I have really enjoyed what you have written and look forward to reading more. I loved the telling off Snape gave to Petunia. I have added your story to story alerts to make sure i don't miss next chapter especially as you left it with such an intriguing cliff hanger.
Queenie09 chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
love this story! dumbledore needs a good kick! whoo hoo! for snape!
makaem chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Are we sure Dumbledore is a good guy?
Gemini Peverell chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
That was the best scene I have ever read Severus vs Albus on Harry's behalf. Truly awesome! Update soon! Can't wait to read more!
123claire123 chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
I have to say that AD needs a smack - I love this story - Well done
godwit chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Another very good chapter. I like what you had Snape say about Petunia. I think that gave her character a little more depth.

Your Dumbledore is a bit too detached to really be in character, in my opinion, but I find that quite interesting, so I really don't mind. :)
xanthepenname chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
love it, i hope harry gets saved!
Ishtar1958 chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Excellent! I want to strangle Dumbledore with his own beard at this point! I love the way you explained some of the things in canon that bothered me a little (without my even realizing that they were bothering me) like the house being in Godric's Hollow where Dumbledore had such strong connections.

I remember that Snape arranged for the records of the Gringotts vault to be sent to him; I can't wait until we find out if Dumbledore is telling the truth about the Potters' finances or not.

Good show; I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
Laurenke1 chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
I am so close to pulling Dumbledore's beard now. He deserves nothing less, I tell you. I know he may not be doing it deliberatly but he is still doing it and that is what pisses me off.

Lauren
Yashida chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Evil, evil cliffie!
alphadelt chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Gosh, I LOVE this chapter. I love how passionate Severus is in his arguments - you nailed everything!

And lol the castle meekly obeying an angry Severus!

AH. NEXT CHAPTER! I wanna hear about Minerva's clever plan.
tonksiscool chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
I like this story very much, you did spendidly, again a brilliant chapter.

What a fierce protector Harry has gotten!

Who would have thought that about Severus Snape?

And Minerva too.

I love how you write the two of them. #

Regardless of their rivalry as heads of oposing houses, they team up against Dumbledore to protect little Harry.

This is as it should have been... SOMEBODY should have checked on Harry and should have at least tried to help him!

But the news about the lost Potter fortune are absolutely shocking!

Ive read lots of storys were it is spekulated that Harry is the heir to a more or less large Potter fortune, a manor and perhaps some other property ...

(apart from any kinds of more or less possible extras, like heir of Gryffindor or Slytherin trough the Peverell brothers, after all Harry and Tom Riddle are related, however distanly)

but Ive never read anything like this... it is absolutly outrageous!

No wonder Severus is shouting!

To think that the young Potters should have financially ruined themselves, their son, the family heir for Dumbledores war?

"Modern views on inheritance?"

Rubbish!

"Normal" Muggle parents care for their children.

I do. My parents did for me.

We know "normal" wizards care for their children or grandchildren or nieces and nephews too. very much. Family is everything, children are few and held in hight esteem.

Even Muggle parents who themselves are not well of still or even really poor try to save some money for their childrens education and to pay for the driving licence education and test at 17 or 18 and so on...

So, I could believe that James Potter gave a part of the Potter fortune to finance the order of the phoenix, but that he gave everything?

I find it hard to envision this scenario.

He may have been an arrogant, spoiled, thoughtless, bullying brat as a teenager, but his pureblood parents would have brought him up to cherish and respect family tradition, to keep the family properties and at least some of the money in the family for further generations, regardless if they where light or dark wizards.

A hunting lodge would not have been sold, its not logical at all, a solitary, secluded house like that located in some forest or on some mountian, (without any close muggle or wizard neighbors), could be much better made into a safe house for the Order for example...

I am as shockeed and furious as Severus and Minerva!

OK but it is your story and I have to "swallow the toad", figurativly speaking!

Poor, poor Harry, this truly is a dreadful situation.

Now I wonder what Minerva comes up with...?

Hm, surely she, Severus or Dumbledore could put a compulsion charm on the Durselys to at least NOT harm Harry on purpose anymore, no corporal punishment and to ensure that he gets enough food?

If the wards on Harrys room (those wards Severus temporally installed) are enforced so that the Dursleys can not enter, Harry has at least one room that is safe for the summers to come.

The question who will be Harrys magical guardian in the future must be discussed too, because he simply must have a magical guardian, after all he is a wizard child, a halfblood, raised by muggles!

I cant imagine it to be "normal" what happend in Harrys case?

It is outrageous that a wizard child should be placed with (magic hating!) muggles, without any security net at all, if there was any other option.

Surely the wizarding world has some kind of rules or procedures for orpaned children?

After all in the first Voldemort war (I guess) hundreds of wizards were killed, what happend to other orphans?

As you wrote, they would be taken in by family, by the closest living blood relative. What if there was no one left? If the ministry of magic regulates the thickness of cauldrons, surely there is some law for the care of orphans and wizard children in general?

Your version explains why Harry was placed at the Dursleys by Dumbledore, because there were no close blood relatives left on Jamess side apart from the Black sisters and the godfather, Sirius Black, was in Askaban.

ok but why was Dumbledore allowed to deceide?

Why did Andromeda or Narcissa not ask for custody of Harry?

Harry would have been well of in Andromedas care, he could have grown up together with big sister Nymphadora.

Much better than the Durselys! To hell, even growing up at the Malfoys or in a orphange would have been somewhat better then at those Muggle monsters...

(there are enough storys where just this happens).

Of course Dumbledore did not WANT Harry to grow up in the wizarding world!

He would not have gotten this naive, desperate to please, self-sacrifcing soldier for the "Light"... his weapon against Lord Voldemort, because thats all that Harry is to Dumbledore.

Severus and Minerva will figure this out pretty soon, I guess.

*Sigh.*

I am sure Minerva and Severus will visit Harry tomorrow morning and after hexing the Dursleys to bits,

(because a display of wizard power and treat of real pain or death is the only thing the Dursleys will respect, mere talking to them like Dumbledore wanted to, is a waste of time).

I imagine Sevrus and Minerva will offer Harry assistance (mentoring) at school, regardless into which house he is sorted. Cant one of them take Harry in for August, it is just one month until school starts?

That would do the poor child a world of good.
Graven Lament chapter 8 . 4/20/2009
Well, it seems Albus is as obtuse as ever. Infuriating old bastard. Good chapter though. You rendered the conflict quite well and gave us rather plausible excuses for the lack of Potter's fortune. I think Dumbledore took advantage of James and Lily Potter though. Why didn't he finance the bloody war if it was so important? Sometimes that character, both in canon and the ff universe, really irritates the bejeezes out of me.
5,636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 340 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 360 .. Last Next »