Reviews for The Best Revenge
Estel Ashlee Snape chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
lunch with the malfoys. Oh boy. Keep up the good work!

~Estel
Kristine Thorne chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
Oh wow! I've sat here all afternoon and read this. I am utterly entirely hooked. fabulous! Can't wait for more. Also, to find a story so lacking in typose is truly refreshing.
CupcakeKurt chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
So awesome I love it. I just wish Lucius were in it. That would have been the caramel in a Willy Wonka bar. Zen Mouse

O-.-O
Allen Pitt chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I got the impression when the hat offered him Slytherin it wasn't entirely serious, that it was 'testing' him to see if he wanted to be 'great' like Voldemort...he won't be chanting "not Slytherin!" this time, but then again he doesn't want to be great either. Ravenclaw does look like a real possibility (and I still think that's where Hermione should have gone).

I'm having trouble picturing how Sirius will react to all this liking-Snape stuff later on, heh...
batfan7 chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I like your Malfoys. They're not blindingly 'good' or obnoxiously evil, just firm about their beliefs about muggles. I like how you've made Draco so close to the cannon version of him, yet still someone Harry might call a friend. He has all the snobbish, arrogant traits from the books, but isn't directing them hatefully at Harry, so they aren't aweful, just childish, if that makes sense. Anyway, I really like how you've written him. Also, Narcissa comes across as elegant, aristocratic and Slytherin without being too frosty or harsh. Lucious may be more extreme, but I find it highly amusing that he's written a book. It totally fits his character as fervently pureblood, but unwilling to undercut his political position by doing something as blanantly open as writing under his own name.

Well, I'm not sure how much you're planning on including the Malfoys in this story, but I have to hope that it's a lot since I like them in this story so much. Between Neville and Draco, I think Harry has the beginnings of some very intersting friendships and the potential for a lot of creative adventuring :-)

I'm loving this story! I can't wait for the next chapter.
tttuuu chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
Wonderful chapter! Really enjoyed all this dancing! Can't wait to read more. Update soon!
Weasel Fu chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
Nice interactions. I thought you did Draco's personality well. He's acting in accordance with his beginning cannon character, but seeing the reasoning behind the scenes makes his changes more believable. I also liked the smart!Narcissa.
dverducci chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
Hello

I like the story
andyandnormski chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I love it! Lunch with the Malfoys. When is Harry going to Hogwarts?
Gladoo89 chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
It's a very good chapter! your point of view of the Malfoy's family isn't stereotyped (like you said in your A.N.)and I can't wait to see what new developments will occur between Harry and Draco thanks to this meeting in Diagon Alley!
elysianflowers chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I love this story so much! I found it just when I was giving up on HP fanfic, then I came across your Golden Age, and loved that, and think this one is perfect so far. I think Lucius and to an extent Draco both have more of a sadistic side to them, but I still love the way you write the Malfoys. Narcissa is one of my favourites, I love what you do with her in your stories. I’m also very curious how you’ll handle Hermione, or even if she’ll play a large part at all- though I can’t see how she can be ignored- she’s muggleborn and bright and as curious about the wizarding world as your Harry is- whichever houses they end up in, I imagine they would get on, if not becoming as close as in the books... I can’t wait until the train ride! I just have one plea- please don’t be too hard on Ron- all the children behaved abominably in that first encounter on the train (even if Hermione was the most obnoxious), and even though fan fiction is there to enable a writer to write canon the way they wish it was, and as much as I love reading stories where Draco is a more major character, Ron has basically a much more generous and nice personality. It’s true that he has his issues, and jealousy is a big one, but the whole point of him is that he always recognises the truth in the end, later than Hermione would and much sooner than someone like Draco, and gives it its due. This might be my interpretation more than anything else, but I think for instance in first year, he still would have taken part in the chess game and sacrificed his own piece, even if he wasn’t Harry’s best friend, but had somehow found out about his quest, because he’d have recognised it as being the right thing to do. I’m a little nervous about how you wrote the encounter between him and Harry in the shop, and I don’t think it rang quite as true as how you’ve written other characters so far, but maybe Harry can offer him the same tolerance he does to Draco... In canon, if Hermione was the brains, and Harry the body of their operation, then Ron was their heart, and even if he doesn’t become significant to Harry in your story, I just hope you still extend some writerly sympathy towards him :P Actually I’m really curious if Harry will become good friends with Neville in your story... ha! I’m just imagining a Draco much better adjusted to his year group through his friendship/acquaintance with Harry, and ‘benign’ uncle Lucius taking out all his son’s friends to special lunch treats in Hogsmeade... How ever will Draco and Neville get along? As I already said, I’m enjoying this story immensely, and can’t wait until the next chapter! (and whenever it’s time to board the train). Bravo!
MrRobertsIII chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
all sorts of people will be after a piece of Harry Potter. I want to be certain that we get our rightful share

-Good line.

Enjoyed the Malfoys. They always seem more real when they are calm and calculating rather than raging and cursing.
Ace Ryn Knight chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I love CommonSense!Harry. Especially in the remark about the Hufflepuffs. And I'll just ignore the mildly chilling sense of foreboding I got when reading this. Somehow, something here will come back and ruin everything. I can feel it.

I also quite enjoyed Narcissa as The Voice of Reason, and Draco as He Who Hears Only What He Wants to Hear. :)

I look forward to reading more.
Tonks-is-cool chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
You made my day, this is such a joy to read!

I was grinning like a loon and squealing. Good that nobody else was here...;-))

I loved and enjoyed this chapter (of course I love the whole story).

The Harry / Draco / Narcissa / Severus interaction is fabeoulus, (same as the desserts, yummy!)

Thank you for showing us the Malfoys as humans, (of course well to do people, proud, well versed in society games and politics) not one dimensional villians like in some other storys.

I think it wonderful that Harry makes a friend like Draco before Hogwarts and that he learns that they are distant cousins.

Same as discovering the heritage of his parents (through the help of Severus, Minerva and the items in the vault that they brought from Godrics Hollow) this will boost his self-confidence and sence of self-worth, that he is NOT an unwanted, unworthy freak, all alone in the world, like the Dursleys told him for the past ten years!

Severus (and Minerva too) has helped Harry tremendeoulsly so far, this first meeting with Drco went so much better than in Canon, with Harry aware of himself and his positon, decent chlothes instead of rags and at least a basic understanding of magic and the wizarding world.

I liked how Harry is so interested in the History books and that he very quickly discoveres that a lot of crap was written about him and Lord Voldemort.

Now I imagine how that scene on the train will play out, when Hermione (or IF Hermione) meets him the first time like in PS and spouts off all that nonsense she read about The-Boy-who-lived and then Harry will tell her that it is all rubish!

She will be shocked that her beloved books may not always right... depending on who wrote about what from which perspective...

I loved your idea of Lucius writting about the Dark Arts and their History under a different name... (in contrast to Lockhart he knows what he is writting about).

Perhaps Severus could buy this interesting book at a later time (without Harry along) to avoid suspision and charm the cover to look like a Runes book or something like that, so that Harry dosent arouse suspicion when reading it.

I think its important for Harry to know about the wizarding world from different viewpoints, he is so very open minded at this age and should stay that way.

What he said about the Hogwarts houses was so true... to a muggle it doesnt matter where a wizard went to school at all!

Please write more, I am addicted to this wonderful tale!
Jord-El chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
I like this portrayal of the Malfoys: dark but not black-hearted-evil.

Great chapter. Can't wait for more. ]