Reviews for The Best Revenge
Yupyup chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
This is really good. I like ur portraying Snape's character. He's not just helping Harry out the kindness of his heart, but for multiple reasons. I like it!
benihime.chan chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
love story

pleze update soon

Hime
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Fine chapter. Thanks for the update.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
A nice subtle touch for Snape to name the four Houses to Harry by switching the places of Slytherin and Gryffindor that McGonagall gave them in canon.

It's a shame that every muggle-raised student wasn't given a copy of Charity Burbage's book as part of their introduction to the wizarding world. It would have certainly helped them acclimate to their new world faster and perhaps avoid some of the scorn from the purebloods.

I also particularly enjoyed Snape's memory of his first trip to Diagon Alley with Lily and getting their first wands.
godwit chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Great new chapter! I like the interaction between Harry and Snape and the sides of Snape that we get to see through it. I also like Snape's memory of buying his own wand. As we don't know from canon what Snape's wand was made of, I'm curious about your reasoning when making your decision for the components?
ams71080 chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Nice chapter.

Amber
Deeble chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
It makes sense that Snape wouldn't immediately tell Harry about Voldemort, but it really stands out in its absence among the many things Snape has explained to him.

Thank goodness he got poor Harry some explanatory books. (Will that mean Harry gets along better - or worse - with Hermione?)

On a non-story note, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother and his wife.
swanpride chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
First of all: My condolence...I just lost a family member, too. I hope the time you spend writing helps you as much as me is helping the writing and reading.

About your notes: I am glad! I am not a big fan of bashing fics (if you are interested in the reason, see my profile), and while a good author can make Slytherin/Harry interesting (most don't), it is a little overdone. Personally I think that Harry is more Gryffindor than anything else, but people tend to forget that the hat said he would do good in ALL houses. After all, he is also a talented wizard and he is very loyal.

About your story so far: I was a little irritated by some of the changes you made (i.e. there was a week between the first Letter delivery and Harry's birthday), but as long as there aren't a lot of new subjects and special students in Hogwarts, I can live with it. I loved your first chapter, especially the way the letters were adressed...a really powerful beginning. The moment I read Nevilles and Dracos adresses I knew this may be the right story for me. I also loved that Snape came to Harry because HE wanted to do this (in most stories Dumbledore sends him and I am allways asking myself why he does not ge by himself). The shopping tour was a little to long for my taste...it is not that terrible interesting that Snape is actually answering Harry's Question about stalagtites. But I hope that you will pick up the pace in the next chapter.
Jules-foil chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
"As I am not writing this fanfiction in any hope of remuneration, there is no financial incentive for me to create misunderstandings."

But misunderstandings are a part of life, and a part of most great fictions! Fictions that tie up everything nice and neat immediately or too quickly are really boring and not all that believable.

That being said, I kind of agree about book seven. The whole Deathly Hallows thing came out of nowhere, and what I always liked about JKR was how she made things connect and flow, at least for the first five books.
xSnapeLoverx chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Love it! Snape is a wonderful mix between in character and gentle enough to Harry.
Laurenke1 chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Very nice, I adored it

I think the visit did Harry well

Lauren
papillon2 chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
Hmm. I understand your note about not needing to insert artificial drama; at the same time, this currently suffers a bit from lack of conflict. Snape has swooped in and fixed most things that are wrong with Harry's life, just like that. Dumbledore may be perturbed, but seems unlikely to cause huge amounts of trouble. Harry may or may not make fast friends with Ron and Hermione but he seems unlikely to end up with no friends.

In 'Blood Magic', a snape-as-harry's-dad story I'm rather fond of, Harry's joy at uncovering an (eventually) caring father figure is balanced by the need to keep an increasingly-difficult secret and all the complications it causes.

If this were to become a SlytherinHarry story, with both Snape and Malfoy backing young Harry for political gain and potentially deciding to stick with him as opposed to Voldemort, that would give hints of an interesting upcoming conflict, especially if Voldemort had to recruit a very different sort of follower...

As it is, it feels a bit like everything is just too easy.
fifespice chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
good chapter i like this so far just as lomng as harry never ends up dating and marrying ginny weasley hated that pairing
makaem chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. Ravenclaw, maybe?
junewilliams7 chapter 4 . 3/28/2009
oh, no... Ron is already poisoning Harry against Slytherin. I hope Harry listens to Severus; I'd like to see Harry in that house, under Severus' wing. am curious what Dumbledore has been doing with the Potter money. thank you for the new chapter!
5,843 | « Prev Page 1 .. 367 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 387 .. Last Next »