Reviews for Once in a Lifetime
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 18 . 1/29
Yeah, I'm sad now. Very creative and heartbreaking story.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 16 . 1/29
I don't want to guess - I'm too worried about how this will turn out.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 15 . 1/29
I'm scared :(. I don't want this to end sad.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 14 . 1/29
She totally did not cross my mind.

YIKES! HE'S TURNING INTO VADER! I was kind of picking up on that when he started having breathing troubles and his body started shutting down, but this is freaky!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 13 . 1/29
Harrison Fjord – I love it! :D

Ooh - I could guess Padme, Leia, or Ahsoka (Padme survived but was devastated when Anakin came back only to be killed, Leia wanted to save Alderaan, and Ahsoka knew it could give her children a better future). But honestly, not really sure on any of these.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 9 . 1/29
Yikes! This is so freaky - I love it!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 8 . 1/29
Uh oh! Anakin's mixing his memories.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 3 . 1/29
Whoa! Okay, two different timelines and things are beginning to fall through…maybe – the Clone Wars era beacon kind of threw me for a loop.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 1 . 1/29
Whoa! Yeah, I'm confused. Best guess, there's a rift in the timeline and the Captain Needa from the Empire fell through it after Vader killed him and his body landed on his old ship during the Clone Wars.
yaslanagirl chapter 13 . 10/14/2016
i like that the pacing has sped up a bit in the past few chapters (as far as giving answers and letting up on the suspense) - but i didn't really like this chapter very much. it seemed pretty bland in comparison to the others, mostly (i believe) because it was just Jir recounting the events of the movies. I'm not sure how it could have been improved, but this one just really fell flat for me.

I liked the beginning and ending bits where actual dialogue and story progression was taking place, though. and I'm pretty sure the lady who travelled back in time is the Admiral's wife. I guess that's why she looked so sad when she sought him out in that bar (The Jedi and Senator) all those years ago. I'm curious to learn more about her, and what subject she's a theorist in, as well!
yaslanagirl chapter 10 . 10/14/2016
ohsnapohsnapohsnap-!

kriffing hell.

are the two realities merging? Is Jir the source of the unravelling tapestry? The original time-traveller that made the diversion and the subequent melding (when the separation couldn't be supported by the fabric of time? was there a paradox?)?

i like that, as time progresses, more and more people are experiencing double-memories _
yaslanagirl chapter 9 . 10/14/2016
I now have so many more questions! XD I'm sure you'll reveal the answers to these as you did for the previous ones.

I'm getting steadily more and more concerned about Anakin's state. It appears as though there's some pretty severe bleed-over effect (and now it looks like Ahsoka is also being affected by it! Oh no!) which is causing some traumatic effects. I'm a ball of nerves!

I'm gonna need a nice relaxing bit here soon, dunno how much longer I can manage to withstand the constant suspense and steadily increasing tension. I know I was only just applauding your pacing, but there seems to be no end in sight for my nerves. I love mystery stories (raised on Nancy Drew novels, and the like), so I'm here for the long haul - of course. I can't deprive my curiosity, i just hope it remains an enjoyable experience to read.
yaslanagirl chapter 8 . 10/14/2016
waaaiiit... does this mean that the Admiral Jerrison who died was the Admiral Jerrison from a different set of events? Like, Mik(a) was 'native' to this version of events (the version that came about due to an alteration from canon events), and Mik(b) came from the other version of events (the version unchanged from canon)? My guess is that Mik(a) was killed by some kind of ghostly presence of Darth Vader on the bridge just before Mik(b) appeared and effectively took his place.

I guess that means there's more than one person who got caught in the time-travel (vortex maybe?) incident, though some of them are dead now (not to mention the strange battleground and AT-AT remains).

This is all quite complex and fascinating! You've got me thinking really hard (and reviewing a lot, which... pretty much never happens :P) - I love it! stories like this are my favorites, plus its a time-travel, and it looks like it's a fix-it (from a new perspective), which make it even better! Many kudos to you!
yaslanagirl chapter 6 . 10/14/2016
i feel like the jedi council in this, lol XD one answer comes up and two questions arise to replace the last. _ you would write a very tightly-wrapped mystery story, i think, and do it well.

One complaint on form: I wish that you would separate your dialogue. It's occasionally very difficult to tell who is speaking, especially when there are several people's dialogue occupying the same paragraph. It is customary to give each new line of dialogue a new paragraph, and trying to follow your different method (which doesn't have much of a discernible pattern) is very challenging. It's not enough to make me dislike the story, or stop reading, but it -does- repeatedly knock me out of the smooth immersion a good storytelling session achieves.

Aside from your dialogue format, your story does very well in pacing and achieving that smooth immersion, and I really like the narrator's voice. Thus, I find it more and more disappointing to be faced with such a small (and easily avoided) sticking point. I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it, but on the off chance (and to keep my conscience as a Literature Major clear) I felt compelled to include this note.

I don't expect you come back and rewrite this story so far after its completion (that would be unfair of me). However, I did want to give you fair warning for all your future wonderful works, which I have all faith that they will be. _
yaslanagirl chapter 5 . 10/14/2016
Does this mean that more than one person went back in time? Who is the Admiral's Wife? DX