Reviews for Our Turn
bigmac2759 chapter 1 . 8/24
I just found this and another story of yours after having read them years ago. I am sorry I did not review this when I first read it. I really enjoyed it, then and again now. Thanks for taking the time to put together another adventure with some of our favorite characters. I also really enjoy seeing "Mo Ron" getting a well done smackdown.
Badbonita chapter 1 . 7/27
Nice little piece. Wonder what - if anything - Molly would have said in her howlers. Hmm, likely more upset Ginny messed up any chance with Harry. Glad Harry and Hermione have their chance.
desireejones99 chapter 1 . 7/15
That was so much fun
daniella2cool chapter 1 . 5/14
I want to apologize you may not have been as much fun as Ron most times but at least you didn't get jealous. That had to be one of the worst things a guy can say yo a girl ugh and you had her just accept that. I cant trad anymore.
EndlessChains chapter 1 . 4/18
A interesting story. This was enjoyable to read as Hermione and Harry found out the truth incidentally and will take matters into their own hands now. To show that Ron really doesn't understand the opposite sex was interesting and that there was a book that he didn't read quite well either. Ginny isn't an angel either with how she sleeps around. The prank that Harry and Hermione came up with was brilliantly done with the secrets coming out about the youngest Weasleys and everyone was amused even the teachers. Glad that the two came toegther in the end and made it official that they are a couple. Found the booklet was interesting idea as it makes sense that the Wizarding world had to have something that can explain the Talk to them. And to find that Hogwarts doesn't really provide it as they should being a school was very interesting. It is still a school with Hormonal teenagers especially since they start at eleven and wouldnt learn until coming home as they stay there for nine months. Thank you. Keep up the good work.
corwyn chapter 1 . 2/24
a lovely story. thanks for sharing it.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 2/23
I really like this story. Yes, it really bashes the Weasleys, but I think in a fun way. One problem with the nature of canon is that JKR starts and essentially has to finish canon as a 'J' series. That means there's a lot that's essentially unrealistic.

Yes, that includes the pairings, but also the entire question of sex, the theme of this story. Other then to note that boys have no access to the girl's dorms, the idea of sexually active students in a coed boarding school is glossed over, even when we have the use of love potions in HBP.

Your Ron in this story is not so much a bash as the immature, selfish never very with-it. Ron we know from canon. I think of him 2-3 year less mature than his age, while Harry and Hermione are 2-3 years more mature than their age. It is not a combination that lends itself to a stable, long-term relationship amongst the three.

So, I find Lavender's complaint and Ron's reaction to be in character. Ron's plan to take up with Hermione, having recognized her interest in him, up to then, isn't that far off canon at all. Kudos to Lavender for intending to protect her from Ron's seduction plans.

Lavender's revelation about Ginny can be seen as bashing, but even here I don't find it so really. In canon, we know she dates Corner and Thomas at least, but we also know that she 'never gave up' on Harry. So, it is not a stretch to think that on some level, she is trying to get Harry jealous. You simply take it a step further by having her sexually active, again not a big jump.

I see Harry and Hermione turning to the other and realizing what was there all the time to be natural, then again, I'm a Hermonian. Still, in real life, that sort of news would have the effect of killing any romantic yearning towards either Weasley. Based on that, Harry's confession to Hermione and her's to Harry make all the sense in the world.

Only in canon, would she had wanted to go to Hogsmeade with Ron, considering how poorly he treated her that year. That they did do that was more to support Harry anyway, as I see it. Otherwise, they would have associated with other classmates.

Their revenge on Ron and Ginny was great and the twist on the Howler is inspired. To an extent, Lavender, Seamus and Dean didn't really deserve the grief they ended up getting, they are kind of collateral damage.

The whole idea of some sex education being compulsory for Pureblood exclusively is new to me, but considering the attitudes found in canon, very defendable.

I like Harry's response and foundation idea. I saw you got some static about this in a review or two, but that reviewers(s) seem to want you to adhere to concepts you don't use in your stories.

All in all a fun story. Thanks again.

D. Page Robin
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/20
Nice story! BTW, your Ron seems perfectly in line with canon to me - selfish, immature, and jealous. I've also thought that Ginny was a bit of a hoochie. I think you pegged 'em both perfectly.
The Grae One chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Quite the well done one-shot you have here! It flowed wonderfully, sections just so to make everything come together smoothly. I enjoyed the more mature state of mind Harry and Hermione have in this. While I wouldn't blame them for ever wanting to or actually getting more of a revenge, the prank was well done without being too much or too little. All in all, it was a lovely read. Thank you so much for posting it!
Kazavan chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
I've read this before and quite liked it, but on a second read it rather turns my stomach. Who cares if Ginny is sleeping around, especially the way you portray it as it being wrong for her to enjoy sex. Harry isn't interested in her, but its wrong for her to be interested in others? And the way Seamus and Dean slut shame her for sleeping with them! Hypocrisy or what. Ew.
chadairuler chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I like Ron&Ginny bashing. Really lovely fic. I wouldn't mind getting such Harry myself. Thanks for writing this and sharing it with us. : )
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
LoriBell167 chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing!
Specky Clarke chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Another excellent tit-bit which could actually grow into a substantial story.
Rori Potter chapter 1 . 5/9/2014