Reviews for The Ballad of the Belle
Archduke of Bad Ass chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
You don't find much poetry on this sight. It is interesting to see something a little out-of-the-ordinary every now and then.
-The Archduke
Wolf of the Western Woods chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
And you always tell me your poetry sounds childish! You severely underestimate your own skills, methinks.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
A great poem fic. Very well written.
Allow Me To Speak chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
It's so sweet, I'm almost crying... Oh, that is such a good poem! 3

- Sil

P.S. Darn it, now I'm crying and smiling at the same time!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 4/22/2009

easy to sing along with to several tunes. Also easy to understand. :D
J1NX3R chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
I'm not one who has much use for poetry, but I like this.

It follows the story nicely and flows fairly well when read.

I appreciate the note at the end about "Belle." I've been trying to convince some people that that was the original meaning of the word, but some people need to see it on paper to believe it...
Kelaiah chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
This was beautiful. You're very good at poetry! A lot better than I could do! It always amazes me whenever people are able to make things rhyme, a talent that I woefully lack. Pleh.

I love how you combined "Bellmaker" and "Belle" and "Mariel", just lovely. You did an awesome job. :D Cheers!

God bless!

~Kel :)
storiewriter chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Nice...very pretty, I say. Very pretty indeed.

Some patches sounded a bit rough to me, but they may be alright.

I never was good at THESE length poems...I can do others, but not this long and already adhesive to a particular book.

Best of luck to you and your writing!
Red Squirrel Writer chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Very nice, straightforward poem story. Reminds me of a small epic in a way (except one that actually rhymes). It's been a while since I've seen one of these, and it's pretty cool, I have to admit. I can definitely se Tarquin playing this in Great Hall or something. I never liked writing poetry, but it's good to see some people here still do, especially since poetry is such a big thing in Redwall.