Reviews for What Hurts the Most
LaueHime chapter 1 . 2/11
Aw 3 such a lovely ending with Dean assuring Sam that he doesn't regret the deal no matter what happens between them! I needed that and god my heart melted right there! Poor Sammy! He's the one getting all beat up again but then there's Dean who gets to be so awesome that it's totally worth it! Incredible work as always, I'll never tire of your work ;)
Parnassus chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Enjoyed this tag very much as per usual with your pieces :) Well done with building the misinterpreted tension between them and the unraveling at the end. Of course, the imagery with the hand holding was just so wonderfully fluffy I practically squealed :P Thanks for writing!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Aw man, poor Sam. Scared of Dean's response and getting sick on top of everything else. He tries to take too much on himself without telling other people he's hurting until he's literally collapsing and in need of a hospital.
twilightluvr001 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I just finished watching It's the Great Pumpkin Sam Winchester, and I was feeling so emotional! This is just what I needed! Thank you so much!
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
very nice
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Can't believe that I have never reviewed this which probably means I missed it when you posted it nearly three years ago.
This was all kinds of awesome, loved your twist that Sam had meningitis and it wasn't just exorcising Samhain that had caused his headache and feeling rough. And in keeping with the boys relationship and Dean's mistrust of Sam's powers it was obvious that Sam would try to hide how bad he felt as was scared of Dean's reaction. You got Sam's surprise at the meningitis diagnosis spot on and so was his reaction "Viral or bacterial?" And great talk between them, really needed. You always give us what the show misses out.
Another definite fave fic :)
ElizaT chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
tão... perfeito!
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This episode just begged for tags because so much was left hanging when the credits rolled. This is one of the best tags I've read. It adds to the storyline and fills in some of the gaping holes that didn't even seem to make the show's writers blink.

My favourite lines:

"Tentatively, Sam rolled his hand over, palm up, fingers curled open.

Not even a second passed before Dean's warm hand pressed into his."

Absolutely beautiful.
Chloe Amethyst chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I love all your writing, and this was so wonderful and absorbing.

"He rediscovered his body in disjointed pieces. The ache that had pooled in his shoulders and rigid neck being massaged out by strong fingers. A blanket being tucked around his cold feet. A cool, wet cloth dulling the throbbing of his forehead. And Dean's voice alongside it all, pulling together the scattered fragments of his mind. Patiently reassembling Sam piece by piece."

What a beautiful paragraph. Dean really does put Sam back together again, time after time. Thanks so much for sharing this. :-D
Kady-SN chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
I love sick!Winchester fic, and this is excellent! I'd never make it as a Winchester. I'm a wuss when it comes to being sick. I could never suck it up and not complain! *hugs Sam*
Whilom chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
You do a great job with the progression from Sam's headache being annoying to deathly, so what seemed a small problem at first was easily seen as a major emergency by the end. Weird compliment, I know, but it's part of what made the story so moving. Sam trying to get to Dean as fast as he could before Dean leaves him was so sad to see, especially because I'm guessing most of it was in his head and Dean wasn't as far away as he thought. I loved that you described Sam finding himself in disjointed pieces and Dean reassembling Sam. And Sam misunderstanding Dean's anger! Gah! From that point to the end of the story, I was pretty much a wibbling mess. It was so beautiful and so sad, but perfect! Hit the spot in every way. ;) Loved it.
Gohanzgirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Thought his symptoms were familiar! I had Viral Meningitis about 4 years ago! It hurt so bad I thought I was going to die! I pushed off going to the hospital day's cause I thought it was a migraine... came up fast too. It was like Friday fine. Saturday A little achy Sunday Migraine from hell Monday included a clamp that was connected to my head squeezing my brain into mush, Tuesday is just a blur of a day and by wed Morning my friends literally kidnapped me and took me to the hospital. Another few days and the docs said I may have died. They had to do the spinal tap 8 times to get it right! Leaked spinal fluid out of the hole. That was like adding acid to the already horrible headache. White blood cell count was at 600 (it's soppose to be 14-16) I was also put on Diloded (spelling's not right) its a Hypo Morphine meaning Morphine x like four I think.

sorry sorry ranting about it... Any ways I really liked the story! specially with the medical twist at the end! Wonderful writing! Sorry I wrote so much about VM!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Well you near broke my heart here, especially in retrospec of what later played out in S4 for the brothers. Guilt near drowns the brothers, angels and demons aside. It is the destruction of the brotherly connection that is in danger here. That they do need each other, that no matter who preaches what. I think your words sum it up perfectly here:

“You listen to me, Sam, and you listen good—you’re my little brother. You’re always gonna be my little brother. Doesn’t matter what that yellow-eyed bastard did to you when you were a baby, or what you did with Samhain—nothing’s gonna change that.”

Sam’s fortifying anger faded into uncertainty, painfully vulnerable.

And that is how Sam is now, vulnerable. Not some super charged-to-be monster, but a little brother who had lost everything and is now still struggling to reconnect to what has been given back to him - Dean. Thank you for keeping this so fresh in the minds eye for me.
LvSammy chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
WOW! You're AMAZING!
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
-sits speechless-

Oh My Gosh, that was amazing.

You have a wonderful gift for writing this all to beautiful oneshots. Simply amazing...yet again.

Kaylee