Reviews for What Hurts the Most
DeadSoShh666 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Super nice job with the writing skills, buddy, I wish you would make a sequel, though. It's so good! Anyway, it still ended great, so that's always a plus! Keep it up!
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
“Now that’s the Sammy I know,” Dean said with a grin that quickly faded. He hitched himself up onto the edge of Sam’s bed and let go of his face, only to prop his arms on either side of Sam’s head, effectively trapping him once more. “You listen to me, Sam, and you listen good—you’re my little brother. You’re always gonna be my little brother. Doesn’t matter what that yellow-eyed bastard did to you when you were a baby, or what you did with Samhain—nothing’s gonna change that.”

X

X

Aah!

I so want to see that filmed!

Good one! No shocker there! You always whack the ball out of the park.

Karen
lili20 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I was hoping you'd write a story about the Halloween episode because I knew it would be awesome. And you know what? I was right. You did such a great job with Sam's POV that I was just as surprised as he was when Dean said what bothered him. Meningitis...huh, who would've thought? Well, apparently you. Like I said, awesome.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just...thank you.

I so appreciated this. About doggone time they had that little conversation.

Oh, is viral meningitis something that somebody can randomly catch? How did Sam get sick?

Great job!
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Very nice story. Nice brotherly moment at the end.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
This was a great story, both very sad but also hopeful. It really pains me to see the brotherly bond so strained at the moment. So I can fully understand why Sam, believing it was just the after-effect of his exorcism and being fully aware how Dean disapproved of his methods there, would not share how awful he felt afterwards, instead sucking it up like he believes he should.

But I'm beyond glad that Sam was wrong and Dean was deeply worried about his baby brother, especially when the kid practically broke down once they stopped at the motel.

It was a really good twist for Sam to catch meningitis, that one came totally out of the blue, yet illustrated wonderfully how little the brothers feel like caring/sharing at the moment, and still worry themselves sick over the well-being of the other even if they think the other doesn't care.

I liked how you wrote Sam's point of view on this, showing how bad he feels for everything that went down between him and Dean, plus how "needy" he still is about having his big brother around, fearing above all else that Dean might ditch him sooner or later.

And despite the splitting headache, I just loved the geekiness of Sam asking Dean right away whether it was viral or bacterial meningitis. That is absolutely something I would expect of college-boy Sammy. It magnificently reminded me of the fact that deep down he is still the same though circumstances made him change for any (superficial) on-looker.

Fine piece of work!
Miss-Franntastic chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
one word: awesomness
Madebyme chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I can't thank you enough this! It was the ending that I was hoping for but sadly never got and you delivered it with style and grace, while sticking true to both Sam and Dean's characters.

More often than not, the show seems to skip ahead a few scenes and we seem to miss any opportunities to hear/see any kind of a reconciliation between the boys. And although we're only on 4.08 over here in the UK, I can see the chasm widening. Maybe they both do need a good shock to the system (similar to the one you wrote here) for us to see them reunited.

Thank you for sharing this, I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Take care and happy writing. Madebyme.x
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This is why I love fanfiction. The credits roll and than a wonderful writer like you gives us a scene where the brothers actually talk and show that they still care about each other. (which we know, but would like to see)

You allow us a moment between the brothers and we get to hope that everything will be alright again, until the next episode shows us that it's not. But just for a moment we can smile.

Thank you.
laynee chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
awe. the ending conversation/moment was brilliant. nicely done.

-elayna
Ciya chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I definately wouldn't want to be Sam if Dean ever got creative with the ice chips. :) -br-

I thought Sam was getting a migraine didn't even think of meningitis.

SN really needs to have one of the guys get sick and not of the ghostly variety either.
carocali chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I like how you've tried to heal the boys at one of the critical points of this season. Interesting that Sam contracts Meningitis, on top of dealing with a demon from hell that nearly ripped his brain out. That makes sense why things went so wrong for Sam so quickly.

Love the little heart to heart at the end; just enough to know that they're really okay. Oh show, why must you torture us...

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Caroline
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
that was so beautiful. It has been a while since I have felt such happiness from the brothers in one of your stories. This one-they just connected so well, whether it was through the tension and anger and disappointment Sam thought Dean was feeling, or through the finding out that it was all ok in the end-the relief they both felt after talking-it just worked. Great job.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Yes, I was so happy to see you posted another story! This was just perfect. This is just what I needed to read today. My favorite line was, “That’s not what I’m talking about, Einstein."

In this story, I guess there was no surprise as to the boys getting back together, but you do such an amazing job, though dialog and descriptions, of letting us feel what Sam and Dean are both feeling. It was great! "Dean breathed with him. Neither of them spoke a word. Neither of them had to." Priceless. : )
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I enjoyed ITGPSW but really disliked the fact that, once again, the fallout from Sam using his powers was dealt with off-screen. Not too fond of the chasm that's opened up between the brothers either.

Thanks for this bridge. :) Loved the way Sam wrestled with his guilt and self-doubts, and really liked how Dean responded - in character but as the big brother we all know and love. You captured the connection between them beautifully.

Stories like this make me realize how much I want to see more brother moments on screen. Sigh.

Thanks. I needed this.