Reviews for What Hurts the Most
FluffNutter chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Lovely, as always.
Katiki chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
"'But, Sammy, anything you need to do to stay alive, I can deal with. I mean it.'"

This would so be Dean's take on this: save the body first, worry about the soul later. His primary directive is always to keep Sammy alive.

"Tentatively, Sam rolled his hand over, palm up, fingers curled open.

Not even a second passed before Dean’s warm hand pressed into his.

Sam gripped back tight as he anchored himself against the battering pain, hanging on until either drugs or sleep finally kicked in.

Dean breathed with him. Neither of them spoke a word.

Neither of them had to."

And I love this ending: simple, but says so much.
Harrigan chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Thank you for this!

No matter how much the boys are ripped apart in the episodes, I think canon still supports these feelings between them. It may take something similarly life threatening to get them to realize it or admit it (in word or action), but that thread of loyalty and love is still strong between them, and I welcome your example that shows it!
ROBINV chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Oh, man, I knew Sam was REALLY sick, more than just a headache from battling Samhain. He had contracted something wicked! But no matter what, when something really evil comes a-knocking, the Winchesters send it a-walking!

GREAT story!

Love, Robin
Rainnboots chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Aw, yes! Another one of your fics! I got so excited when I checked my e-mail and saw that you had posted something else; I love reading your fics. :)

Favorite line:

That is one true statement. The deafening silence that follows the fight is usually worse than the fight itself.

I really liked this fic. As always, written spot-on to the characters and beautiful to read. I've got to go, but before I do... I love at the very end, you had Dean hold Sam's hand. It was done in such a Dean-protecting-Sam kind of way instead of the Wincest-y way some others may have tried to do it. I enjoy the subtle things like that. They make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Another exceptional work of Supernatural fiction! I can hardly wait for the next one.

leavingslowly chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Perfect! I've wondered to myself what Dean would do if something happened to Sam again - it would be interesting to see this fic from Dean's POV (hint, hint!)
nej47 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Gosh, you always make storytelling seem so effortless. I've read so many of your wonderful fics, and you never, ever disappoint. This was just lovely. I wish we could have seen some of this on the show.

As always, can't wait to see where you'll take us next with your writing :)
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This was excellent as usual. I guess the only question I have is how Sam caught meningitis (and either I missed something in the episode, or you did a very nice job of adding something into the story in order to make them talk to one another). :D Everything tracked very nicely.

Great job!
staceycj chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Perfect. Even in discord there is a certain balance, a certain in tuneness (so not a word) that the brothers have. And even with Kripke leading us to a showdown between brothers (or at least that is what it feels like to me) I think their in tuneness will keep them at least in each other's scope. I really enjoyed how you weaved this together. The illness being the catalyst for the connection. Very good.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Wonderful. Great bro moments as usual. My heart is just aching for our boys at the moment, such troubled times ahead I fear, so comforting stories like this are just what's needed.

Thanks so much.
Lia-Lei chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This FF was very intensive to read ~ awesome, I love every single word and emotion you created. THIS was Supernatural, like I want to see it again ...

More, I want to read so much more ;)
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Your writing's always creative; everything's described with fine details. Our brain take in what we might not even realize, sometimes. You describe detailly all thoughts, feelings and the conflicts through a few words.

My favorite lines this time:

"Sometimes he preferred Dean yelling at him to the silence, though. Yelling meant anger. Silence was hurt and disappointment and fear, and that was so much worse." - What hurts the most. This kind of silence's destroying their relationship.

"Sam eased into the chair and managed to swallow the two pills sitting by his glass and a few bites of the baked potato soup his brother had ordered for him." - We can get Dean's worried even before Sam.

"Dean looked…old. Tired. And so sad that Sam's heart constricted in empathy. He'd never wanted to do this to Dean. He was a curse, a jinx on the Winchesters. He tried to pull his head away from Dean’s grasp." – This all works for me. :) Much better than Sam's going to the dark side.

And I love the way Dean starts calling his brother "Sammy" again, when he's concerned about him.

And then the guys talk to each other. They really say what had to be said. Finally Sam asks his brother if Dean was sorry for making the deal. And all it took was a little meningitis. :)

Thank you so much!
Jamie552 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I don't think I've ever read 2 stories - one right after the other - and had them BOTH make me cry lol This was amazing!
kissmewinchester chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This story is the best one I've read in so long! Really, made my day. D The ending was perfect.
Jester's Tear82 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I loved it!

things that got my attention:

the way you've described Dean's silence with those

3 words is exactly the emotions his eyes expressed in

"the look" after the exorcism, you made it feel so real

and captured both boys' sadness.

also, enjoyed how you creat the distance by Dean using

only "Sam" through-out the tag and only when his brother

breaks he reverts back to the caring "Sammy".

the last part was the most satisfying, they got their

happy quiet moment - even if only for a short while.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »