Reviews for Athanatos
suz mc chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
This is what the thrill of fanfic is for me. To find someone who really DOES have a different pov, who DOES see some little thing everyone else missed. This was wonderful work. The language was perfect for Dean. I so hate when people write all this romance language around Dean Winchester. You got it so right, sugar. thanks.
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
Oh, I like this! What an awesome concept!
kirallie chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Wow. Poor Dean!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
I love your concept in this story. Yeah, I agree, it did seem as though Dean had died, at least briefly.

Two things I really thought were so spot on in this: first, after S&V, I agree that Dean will probably never reveal his feelings to Sam again; and second - that Dean now considers himself not human "If I didn’t know you, Dean, I would hunt you!" Great insight. I've got to tell you, Dean is killing me this season - my heart simply breaks for him and all he is dealing with. :(

Thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...
necro omen13 chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
*sniffle*

Poor Dean...

*pets Dean*

*kicks emo-boy out the door*

Jackass!

Good story, kinda sad and depressing but well written.

And don't worry Dean, Cas will never leave you. Ever.

*huggles Dean and Cas*
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I love the observations that you made during the "Yellow Fever" episode. I wondered about Dean's arms too and what Lilith said, but than forgot as I kept replaying Jensen's video at the end because it made me smile. Kripke said we were so suppose to have paid more attention to the scene with Lilith than the fact Sam called Dean a dick. (which upset people) Little did we know that was going to be a minor insult as "Sex and Violence" hadn't aired yet.

I love your thoughts about Dean and his healing ability. (I also like that you had Dean put the flask back into his bag.)

Thanks for sharing another story with us. Always enjoy seeing your name in the alerts.

Take care.
Ophium chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
What a wonderful, brilliant idea! I love what you did with it and I hope, I really, really, really hope that you plan on writting more on this :D
Heather16 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
This is awesome! I love the whole thing: atmosphere, characteristics, and theme! Love it, I could only hope it would happen on the show!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Ah. He did look dead. I wouldn't think he would have gasped like that if he hadn't been. It was like 'coming back'.

Interesting concept and I enjoyed it very much. :)
Nyx Wings chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
O. This is most intriguing! I know it's a one-shot, bt I'd love to see more! I just know Sam would find out at some point - some beastie gets in a bad shot at Dean when they're both fighting it, and Sam sees him get up from a near-fatal wound.

I have wondered about something similar. All his scars were erased, what if it stuck? No scar could ever form again. And you're totally right with the ending. Being the last Winchester ever, unable to die, always hunting, forever alone. :shivers: Would be a good *temporary* power to have tho.
blackcat333-99 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Fascinating concept. And that last line - ah yes, the irony that most people would see something like this as a priceless gift and Dean would see it as another version of hell. Well done. I'd be down with more chapters, if you ever felt like continuing this as a story.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
What an awful fate for Dean *sobs*

Terrific writing and awesome characterization...loved it!
nej47 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
What do I think? I think it was awesome, THAT's what I think! Great one shot. I wouldn't mind Dean being invulnerable, cuz then he'd have to struggle with it and what he's become, and oh that would be some rich storytelling right there. Feel free to take that on and expand this fic, BTW ;)
EvilspyAchacia chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Wow, I really like this concept. Humm... are you by chance going to add a companion story from possibly Castiel's perspective (preferably) or Sam's perspective?

This is fantastic!

Keep up the good work!
Rogue Elf chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Wow, interesting concept. I am a behind on the episodes, but even with that your story is very clear and well written so I wasn't confused at all. Your Dean is very in character and his fear of no longer being human, of outliving Sam and the people he loves, makes a lot of sense. Well done. Perhaps more along the same lines as this? Its interesting, me likes.