Reviews for The Stars
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Posted 27 October 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Post TSL: As the Exile tries to find Revan, the one she seeks searches for the Sith

One minor problem; you jumped from the Exile's situation to Revan's location without a break, causing a slight bit of confusion. The only real problem is mentioned below:

The Chiss: Considering that according to Canon the Chiss were not contacted by the Republic until right before the Clone Wars 4,000 years later, this had me a bit confused. Also, if you read up on the race, they tend to not deal with alien races at all. Rather they determine how to deal with them after contact, and either go to war or practice complete banning of contact with them.
leakypaintpen chapter 14 . 5/16/2013
I read your story (and the first two in the series) too fast for it to really sink in, otherwise I'd have left a stupidly long gushing comment with each chapter. I really do love your take on the post-KOTOR II ExileRevan team-up. I'm quite fond of this no-nonsense, calculating Revan; of your Exile who's not really sure what she's doing out there with him but stubbornly sticks to her guns and learns something about forgiveness; and most of all your Atton, who reverts to his aimless pre-game self without the Exile in such a pathetically hilarious manner (and I say "pathetic" with a great deal of empathy and fondness instead of just irritation, so great job) and finally faces his demons on his own. All the other characters are brilliant, from HK and Sandor to the Black Gate's Guardian and that deranged explorer. And through them, you've elaborated on the themes of redemption and forgiveness that run through both KOTOR games, with grace and insight. The epilogue is tearjerkingly beautiful, perfect with its bedtime-story tone and leaving us with a vague ending that, instead of maddening like some vague endings do, provides just the right sort of closure a slippery character like Atton deserves.
suuune chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
I love the bittersweet way you ended this trilogy, as I loved the entire thing, as evidenced by the amount of time I've spent reading it today.
Mostly Inactive chapter 14 . 8/6/2009
Good story, but I was disappointed that Revan went gallavanting off to save the galaxy from the True Sith yet again, surely he has earned his happy ending?
personax chapter 14 . 6/11/2009
I don’t know if you bother reading these anymore.

Your pacing is incredible. That needs to be established first and foremost. The urgency is implied very well, and storyline switches always occur at a perfect time- when I’m not too into it, and not so soon that I can’t appreciate what the characters are up to. You always use a good and simple amount of words to say what others would need an extra paragraph to.

I do have one complaint: I don’t know if this was intentional or not, but I find some of your locations to be generic in description. Like scary places have skulls in them. It’s probably just me, but I never took well to ‘scary place cliches’. I think there could have been much more originality on your part on the True Sith planet. I can understand if it was written that way to better familiarize a reader with the atmosphere of the setting, but for some reason I think you’re beyond that. The other Sith encounters were perfectly fine, especially the one that split into two separate women. (I’m sorry I forgot her name.)

Your style suggests you write it as it comes. It doesn’t seem like you go back and change words around much. Or if you do, you do a good job of keeping the flow consistent. I love the way you ended it. You could easily write professionally.

I suppose I should add how much I enjoyed Ashes of Katarr, how it’s the most haunting thing I’ve read in years. That story single-handedly made me feel just introspective and downright negative for a week. It’s pretty hard to do that to me, and I really love when any work of fiction has that effect. So mad, mad props.

Keep up the amazing work!
Spoodles chapter 14 . 3/11/2009
Wow. My eyes hurt but I've finally finished. All three stories were really well written. My only complaints are with Mical (I don't think he was quite as bad as you made him out to be... then again it's been awhile since I last played K2...) and with the ending. Maybe I'm just overly tired, but the last chapter confused me. But yeah. Other than that... I loved it all.

Very bittersweet, a little painful, but deeply satisfying. I thought your characterizations were perfect and the storylines engaging.

Oh and I meant to review Ashes of Kataar...I think that was the name of it... anyway, but I didn't so let me just add that that was awesome as well. I read it first, and it made me want to read the rest of your stories. I very nearly cried. Canderous' death really hit me hard in particular for some strange reason. But yeah... very good.

Oh man... it is way past my bedtime. You had me so hooked... my husband is seriously irritated with you... :-)
Elwin Ransom chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
I remember this story from back on KFM. I didn't recognize it at first because you have a different pen name here. Perhaps this will give me an opportunity to finish this thing, as I had always liked it back then, but I just got too frustrated with KFM's format to want to put up with it any longer.

It's cool you posted it here, though.

The one thing I'd advise, though, is not to just dump your entire story en masse like sort of makes it intimidating. You'd probably maximize exposure if you went slower...though maybe that's not your intent...I don't know.

Nevertheless, I'm sure this is as just good as I recall.