Reviews for Persona 4: Simulacrum
Emeraldfireblade chapter 16 . 6/23/2013
This chapter was simply spellbinding. The way you brought all the disparate elements together was perfect and you were completely true to the spirit of the score material. The way Taro's Persona reached it's final expression in a critical moment, the Shadow Souji losing it's balance and then being hit with an 'All-Out Attack', and Margaret reclaiming Izanagi-no-Okami were all fantastic.

The only objections I have are firstly, that Ryotaro's involvement seemed unnecessary (although I do understand the character logic behind it), and secondly, now that I've fallen in love with your rendition of Margarette, I'm going to be sad to see her return back to The Velvet Room. (From a narrative point of view, I suspect that she's simply too powerful to remain as an active member of the Investigation team, even if you were to remove the Tome from her)

Emeraldfireblade chapter 12 . 6/23/2013
Bravo! When I kept crowing for everyone to go to the 'reverse shrine', I certainly wasn't expecting this. So, I'm assuming that the Fox that embodied 'Hermit', was just this growing Shadow all-along. Considering all the time he spent granting wishes for the shrine and hanging out (with himself, lol) the Hermit Arcana does make a good amount of sense.

XxChronOblivionxX chapter 22 . 4/3/2013
This has genuinely impressed me. I have read a great deal of fanfiction, so I can confidently say that this one's got something special. After reading "Shortest Distance From A To B," a P4 KanjixNaoto fic, I didn't expect this to be as good as that. Chapter by chapter, you proved me wrong. All of the characters had actual depth, the plot escalated at a rate that wasn't too fast for the narrative to keep up with, and you maintained the themes and motifs of the original game while expanding it.

As stated before, you handled the characters very well. Souji's personality is something that you had a great deal of wiggle room with because of he is more or less a silent protagonist in that the player chooses how he reacts. While giving him his own personal problems, it is always quite obvious that he is just as awesome as his reputation claims. Despite how perfect and unflappable he was viewed by his friends, he has problems just like everyone else. He struggles simultaneously with self-doubt, hubris, and guilt over feeling such hubris. He's strongest when supported by his friends, but is still a force to be reckoned with without them. Even when totally alone, he continues his never-ending quest for truth. The other characters are done great as well. ChiexYosuke is something I've never really thought extensively about before, but I guess they're pretty good together. I already ship KanjixNaoto, so I was bummed to see how they've drifted apart. Speaking of that, Naoto is one of my favorite parts of this. She was already my favorite character in the entire game, and is portrayed magnificently, despite the interference with her sense of justice by the voice in her head. But it was that last chapter, other than the epilogue, that had Naoto's finest moment. If it wasn't so extraordinarily difficult to make me cry, I would've. My emotions were going every which way during that entire chapter.

This fic has confirmed how much I dislike Rise. She drives me absolutely insane. She was so much more respectable and down-to-earth before she started crushing on Souji. That romance subplot is one of the only things I don’t like about this, though it is partly my own bias.

I must admit, the plot ended up being nowhere near what I had expected. Everything, from the hopelessness of their situation, to the consequences should they fail, escalated with every revelation. And it spirals upwards, further and further, leading up to a magnificent bittersweet ending that is open to interpretation on whether it actually ended well.

The ending is what makes this truly unique. I'll probably read the sequel as soon as it's done. All in all, good job!
SkySymphonix chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
I love this story. :D
Emeraldfireblade chapter 10 . 2/7/2013
This chapter was wonderful. It's even more impressive considering that this story is almost 4 years old.

Emeraldfireblade chapter 9 . 2/7/2013
Good chapter. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like Loki is actually trying to interfere with whatever force is manipulating Naoto. Over all, a very good 'cool down' chapter.

Guardian on the Sacred Emerald Flames
Emeraldfireblade chapter 8 . 2/7/2013
This chapter was a masterpiece. Nanako's shadow was perfect, as was her Persona. Now I'm curious to see how much of the 'goth girl' was actually her. I kinda liked the look, minus the tired and drug-hazed eyes.

Emeraldfireblade chapter 7 . 2/7/2013
Strange light around the mirror shrine? My idea about finding that fox might not be such a good idea after all...or is it?

Emeraldfireblade chapter 6 . 2/7/2013
You really had me freaked out with that beginning dream sequence. Oh well, Yea, Rise's err back? Having a hard time visualizing her as a blonde, was hoping that it was just a wig. I'm going to make a prediction. Teddie finds them in the TV world.

Emeraldfireblade chapter 5 . 2/7/2013
At the risk of sounding repetitious...

Emeraldfireblade chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
Find the fox. The protector of the shrine with guide you. For a modest fee, of course.

Emeraldfireblade chapter 2 . 2/7/2013
My advise? Look for the one person(?) that likely has supernatural powers, the Fox! He'd probably help you out for a fee even if he doesn't remember you.

Emeraldfireblade chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
How does this masterpiece have less than a thousand reviews? I'll have to see what I can do to correct this travesty of justice.

Yu Narukami P4 chapter 23 . 1/31/2013
This is great and awesome. One of the best fanfic I ever read.
And thanks to this story, I'm Souji/Rise fans now :)
AnarchyInSilence chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Thanks for the great story! One of the best one's I've ever read, kudos for the original plot and great characterization!
308 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »