Reviews for The Devil's Own
Mrs.Chaton chapter 44 . 7/2/2016
I had been planing to write this really long awesome review about how amazing and intricate this...Amazing flamingo explosion of fic...was but... I read the ending and all I have to say for now is,

...I did it my way...
ShazirathOfTheUnderdark chapter 44 . 12/13/2015
...Damnit, this is literally the most awesome fic I have ever read. And I don't mean literally in that stupid way everyone uses it nowadays, I mean LITERALLY. You... just fucking awesome. Can't even find any more words to say it with.

Shazirath out.
Paulina Ann chapter 43 . 10/21/2014
Ahh! I feel like there should be another chapter. I am feeling morose. Thank you for writing.
ebonypol chapter 44 . 5/11/2013
Amazing ! Loved it best xmen fanfic ever :D
Mad Maudlin's Dirty Toes chapter 44 . 2/2/2013
What a read! Thank you for sharing this, it's one of the best Gambit centric stories I've ever come across.
En Satsu Koku Ryuu Ha chapter 44 . 1/26/2013
I've just finished reading "The Devil's Own" and I'm not sure I can adequately put my thoughts into words. I'll do my best.

I'm blown away by the amount of depth you've given the characters and the world you shaped. Every detail seems to have a deep meaning and impact on the story. You've created a Literary work of art.

While I'm happy to see there is more in a form of a sequel, I'm sad to see that it remains unfinished. Of course I'll still read it, I've never been one to shy away from quality even if I may not get to see it completed.

Thank you for this wonderful story.
ArodLoverus2001 chapter 44 . 11/8/2012
Great story!
Tracer1379 chapter 43 . 9/20/2012
Ha...I prematurely reviewed, and it wouldn't let me post my final review on the final chapter. Duh.
Let's try that one again...

I wanted to commend you for this awesome piece of fanfiction. It is very hard to find a story so well written and deep in plot and character. It was truly enjoyable and one of my favorites (just added it). I enjoy finding fanfic that doesn't end with everyone holding hands and skipping off into the sunset...although it definitely didn't end on a dark note. I mean, come on...how much cooler can it get than a disco flamingo spouting out "My Way?" I had such a big grin on my face. I still do. Perfect ending.

As a side note, this was one of few fics in which Scott and Jean's characters didn't annoy the crap out of me. That was a breath of fresh air. They definitely are not my favorite characters, but it was nice to see this side of them. Thank you!

Bravo!
Tracer1379 chapter 44 . 9/20/2012
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Hahahahaha!

Ok...gotta keep reading, then review.
reynanuy chapter 44 . 9/12/2012
This was an awesome story. Even when I found it increasingly darker than what I usually read, it got me hooked almost immediately and I was unable to put it down until I'd reached it's conclusion. Which by the way, was better than I hoped it would be; I sincerely thought it was going for full tragic mode. In any case the characters and plot are beautifully written, one can hardly hope for any better than this. Thanks for sharing your excellent work with us, it was a pleasure to read.
Ariana Deralte chapter 44 . 11/5/2011
Thank you. I really enjoyed this.
WindStar chapter 44 . 6/18/2011
Absolute perfection. This is, without a doubt, a masterpiece! Exceptionally written, expertly composed - truly and utterly perfect in every way. You've out done yourself on this one, Exceptional to the last line.
freakinaforest chapter 44 . 6/2/2011
Finding a fic this long, complex and well-written is a rare treat. Luckily I've just discovered it has a sequel.
Distance chapter 7 . 1/14/2011
So first things first - this is my 4th time reading this story, officially making it my most-read on FFN. Every time I need writing inspiration (like I do now), this is one of the places I turn.

Second, was this chapter written before Danger became a sentient being in the comics? If so, you're like a pre-cog or something. If not, that's a really hilarious reference.
jelispar chapter 44 . 12/30/2010
Recently, going back over 'stories past' I was appalled (at myself) upon realizing that I never reviewed this particular story. Shame on me.

Firstly, I don't often review, mostly because I have learned that offering constructive criticism on this site is typically seen as 'flaming' and most writers also don't benefit from "omg, such a great story" type reviewing. So I am going to start off by telling you what I did not like first, because a writer who can create something of this caliber can stand some constructive criticism without taking offense.

I felt that, while you stayed true to your characterizations of certain characters, they were at times a bit off from how they are usually portrayed. I know that this is an AU story (though to be honest I also don't feel that to be so much the case), and as such you have a little more freedom. However, the portrayal of Polaris and Arclight really seemed manufactured to me. I also felt that there were points that the plot moved too slowly, especially in the clock and garden. I understand you had a lot you wanted to say and portray, but I felt like speeding it up some would instill that sense of urgency in your readers.

Now that the criticism is out of the way...THANK YOU for restoring some of my belief in quality writing on this site. To be honest, I have abandoned my fair share of stories because I love plot. I don't find a lot of thought out plots on this website anymore. It takes a lot of work to weave a true story and you have done that. I felt I did not so much 'read' this story as I did WATCH it unfurl in front of me like a live action movie. I also enjoyed the fact that you did not keep this story desperately dark, which would have been easy. Rather you intertwined humor, joy and friendship with the angst, despair and hatred so that the reader in the end felt balanced. I also love that you ended this the way that you did. Happy fluffy endings are easy. You instead chose the road least traveled, and I applaud you for that.

So in the end I wish mostly to say thank you for spending the amount of time that you surely did on this story to provide myself and your other readers with an enjoyable way to spend our time.

Sincerely and most Heart Felt Thanks,