Reviews for The Assassination of Cobra Commander
Philip Gipson chapter 16 . 10/24/2009
This is another brilliant "G.I. Joe" story. Seriously, who would acknowledge Cobra as "saviors"? The Joes don't buy it even for a minute. And so another all-out war between both sides (and Destro's Iron Grenadiers) begins. I'm happy that you were able to include Sgt. Slaughter in the story - he (inspired by the real-life, same-named wrestler) is a tough nut to crack, even for Cobra. Again, I'm impressed that you still portray Joe and Cobra with a lot of realism. The short cartoon series "G.I. Joe: Resolute" is definitely based in the real world, and will soon be out on DVD the same time as "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." You should know that the old "Joe" cartoon is on DVD from Shout! Factory (individually and as a complete set). I'm eager to own all of them, but it's a lotta money. I suppose you'd like to own the mentioned two future "Joe" DVDs?
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 16 . 10/9/2009
Great chapter! I hope the Joes can stop Cobra quick! They've gone too far this time! And on that thought, I wonder if the rating should be changed to an M. I mean, there's so much violence, blood, killing, and gore in these last few chapters. Anyway, why do I have a feeling that Shockwave's going to end up being way wrong about picking up Beach Head and Lady Jaye and getting out of the forest being too easy! Also, Cobras are switching loyalties so fast it's hard to keep up. That's exactly the way things work in Cobra. Excellent work! I also love how you've portrayed everyone and kept them in character! PLease update ASAP!
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 15 . 10/9/2009
That was really good! I'm glad the Baroness is free but I wonder if Slice and Dice are up to something. I can't wait to see her pay Zarana back! But what the heck is a Frag-Viper? I've heard of one of those before this story.
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 14 . 8/20/2009
Good 2 chapters! I loved how Snake-Eyes reacted when he saw what Tripwire had done to those Seigies! That was hilarious! And I hope the Joes can stop Cobra from destroying Banja Luka! And I wonder if Destro is heading to rescue the Baroness! I hope there's going to be some love scenes between the two of them! PLease update ASAP!
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 12 . 7/18/2009
Wow, that was good! I can't belive Destro did that 180 about-face that quick! On second thought, maybe I can, since it was Destro! I hope all the injured Joes are okay! I half-thought that Serpentor was going to come walking out of the Kastel instead of Cobra Commander! PLease update ASAP!
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 11 . 7/18/2009
That was excellent! I was beginning to think you had forgotten the story, but I'm glad you didn't because it's getting really good! I liked the squabbling between Leatherneck and Gung-Ho even though it's usually Wet-Suit that Leatherneck bickers with constantly! And I thought the second sky-diver was Bazooka until Duke revealed that it was Tripwire. Bazooka would do the exact same thing! Good chapter!
Asterisk78 chapter 10 . 7/14/2009
This was great. You really had me sucked in. Now...when, exactly, do you plan on updating?

~Asterisk*
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 9 . 6/29/2009
I was just wondering if you're still working on this. It would be real sad if you're not because it's so good! I love it and really hope you update ASAP!
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 10 . 4/24/2009
Wow, this is getting really bad. I hope the Joes can stop Cobra quick before it's too late! I have a feeling their window of opportunity is shrinking rapidly. Please update ASAP!
Lioness Of the fire chapter 10 . 4/23/2009
hah i love the part with snake eyes slaps beach head on the head so see him doing that lol love how long the chaps are very thrilling too read o i sense tension with destro and broness haha
White Eyebrow chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
Sorry, I took so long getting back to you. At the time of your beta request, you were at chapter 5 so that is as far as I got. I'll probably do another chunk when you get to 10.

First Impression:

The action in chapter one sets the tone of the story nicely. I was set and in the mood for an adrenaline-rush smash fest. Yo Joe!

Story:

you have a unique premise here in regards to Cobra's MO. The pacing is adequate and you balance action with character development. There are a couple of hiccups that I will outline later but they are minor.

Grammar:

They were too numerous to list here so I sent a Word doc with highlighted corrections to your email address. If you can't read Word, let me know and I'll remit it in the format of your choice.

For the most part, you have no major problems here: grammar errors were relatively sparse and probably due to oversight. The only thing that shows up consistenly is you seem to be in love with your hyphen key. I know with some words it could go either way, but in this regard, I am a minimalist, so I pointed out all the ones that I am reasonably sure were unnecessary. Of course I invite you to double-check those.
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 8 . 4/10/2009
This story is so good but Destro better watch himself or may well end up having everyone turn against him! And where is Cobra Commander? And Stormshadow and Tomax and Xamot for that matter? THis would be a perfect time for Serpentor to come in and take control! Please update ASAP beacuse I can't wait to see what happens next!

P.S. HAve you checked out my story yet? It's called 'The Return of Serpentor'. If not, please do and review and tell me what you think!
Lioness Of the fire chapter 8 . 4/9/2009
om my this is good didn't know destro would actually do that to zartan awesome

p.s bet snake eyes is still angry about what duke and the others wanted to do with killing the commander
Asterisk78 chapter 8 . 4/9/2009
This is very suspenseful, and I can't wait to see the next chapter. I'm definitely on edge...

~Asterisk*
JasonLeeScottFan chapter 6 . 3/24/2009
This is awesome! I wonder who did shoot the Commander and if he's really dead! Wouldn't it be really neat if was Serpentor taking advantage of the situation! It's entirely possible since he hates the Commander and considers him a threat! I can't wait to see what happens next so please update ASAP!