Reviews for Unexpected Things
Hercules8 chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
This is what should have happen in season 6!
Hercules8 chapter 3 . 11/17/2013
This is a cute story. Spike should get a lot more respect and friends!
goldseadragon chapter 29 . 10/10/2013
I'm fascinated by your slight change of wording (he says "make me whole" rather than "make me what I was") and how that will play out differently, if at all. Interesting interpretation!
pooguy chapter 4 . 1/3/2013
Clem is awesome. I wish he had been in more episodes.
Kirida chapter 30 . 1/3/2013
Loved it.
Thorn Wild chapter 18 . 10/20/2012
Quick note: The last time Angel saw Spike was NOT 'Lover's Walk'; it was Angel season 1, ep 3, 'In the Dark', in which Spike has Angel tortured to find out where the Gem of Amara is, and they try to kill each other.
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 13 . 5/29/2012
Really cute! This is great! XD
Rmsthakoer chapter 28 . 3/20/2012
Okay so... You don't really need a vampire to have someone that purrs you know. :P

Me and a friend of mine have moon-sickness. Which is basically like being a werewolf, except for the furryness and stuff. And when someone pets us, or touch certain parts of our bodies. (ex. behind the ears, along the jaw etc.) We purr as well.

Now i didn't even know i had moon-sickness until that friend of mine explained the symptoms to me, and i figured out that at least 1/1.000.000th of today's society has moon-sickness. Which, with over 6 billion people on the world, is quite a lot. If you could find someone like, they'd purr, just as Spike, me and my friend.

Or you could just ask any current boyfriend if they could purr for you, maybe that'd work. I dunno.
differentvisions chapter 22 . 12/12/2011
So I've been reading this story all the way to Chapter 22. I have to say I am a fan of the plot, despite how different it makes the characters from the actual show. But I'm an English major here in the United States, so maybe I'm being a little bit picky. There are some things I wanted to point out to you, some from this chapter, and some from the rest of what I've read so far.

The first thing, and probably the least important is your reference to a cartoon. Buffy thinks about Wily E. Coyote in this chapter, and he doesn't exist. It's Wile E. Coyote. Maybe that is what you meant and it's just a spelling error, but the whole thing about his name is that his first name and middle initial are supposed to sound out the word 'wily'. That really is me being picky though, and I apologize for that.

The other things are more general like the differences in character personalities. I understand taking liberties as an author of fan fiction. After all, it wouldn't be fan fiction if it was exactly the same at the original. But I feel like a lot of your characters are jumping to be really understanding when they normally aren't, so that everything just happens to end up perfect. The reason people read anything is for the excitement, or how the piece captures and drags them in. Perfect is boring. Conflict is the meat of any story. You did have conflict with Spike, which was good. But he healed extremely quickly, and you brought mental trauma into the mix, and then suddenly it was gone. Emphasizing that would really help this story.

Also, people seem to be reading a lot into other people's emotions and thoughts just by looking into each others' eyes. It is something a lot of authors do to romanticize their work, but it seems to be happening an awful lot here. I'm a realist so this is something that bothers me probably more than it should. I know whenever I look into someone's eyes is tends to get awkward and uncomfortable, especially if it goes on for an extended period of time. I don't usually see a whole lot in people's eyes either, but maybe that's just me.

The last thing I'm going to say is pretty minor. I would suggest maybe a beta to edit your work. There are minor errors with grammar and punctuation, especially with dialogue. There is a lack of periods at the end of your dialogue inside the quotation marks. That is what you do for quotes in a paper when you are citing. Dialogue is not the same.

I'm sorry if this seems like I'm trying to rip your story apart. I'm really not, because it does have a lot of potential. Also, I understand that you wrote this almost three years ago, so this is probably useless. But I felt like I should say my piece, just in case you were interested in still receiving reviews on this story. So here it is. I really hope you have continued enjoying writing and BtVS. It's a good show!

Thank you for your time.
nicnac918 chapter 3 . 11/22/2011
I like what you've done in this chapter. Because, while honestly having Xander relate to an sympathize with Spike is pretty out of character, you've written it in a way that doesn't feel out of place or unnatural. So kudos.
spike'smate chapter 17 . 6/23/2011
i like it i like it Fabulous story.

I tips me hat to you
amiradanielle chapter 9 . 3/22/2011
Peruvian Dergla Warrior sounds good. :-) Let's see Buffy kick some nerd ass!
RKF22 chapter 30 . 12/23/2010
wonderful story going to start the sequel now
The Original Puppet chapter 3 . 4/3/2010
I love your take on Xander's almost acceptance. I have been looking for Xander/Spike friendship stories, think they would make terrific friends, if they could just get over themselves. Great job. xD Puppet
Sailor-Lit chapter 31 . 3/21/2010