Reviews for Closer
honey07 chapter 26 . 2/21/2016
Fantastic story. Interesting and well written. Well done.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/17/2015
Sorry I'm posting this review as a guest - it's been a long time since I've logged on, and I've long since forgotten my password *chuckled nervously*

I just want to say how brilliantly written this chapter is. I almost cried, reading about Lizzie not being able to dance properly. I could feel her anger, frustration and desperation as if it were my own. Sometimes when I fall sick and I can't use my voice as well as I usually can (I'm a singer, and you'd be surprised to find out how many times I've almost lost my voice) I fall into this state of panic - what if my sore throat leaves me with a lower voice range? What if I can never sing above a whisper ever again? These are only temporary of course, but I can just imagine how it would feel if it were a somewhat permanent situation like Lizzie's (please tell me she dances again!)

I think this chapter in particular is important for a lot of people. It really touches upon the struggle people go through when they lose something important to them, and when they're told repeatedly that it's never going to happen. A lot of people can relate Lizzie's determination and frustration, and I think it serves as inspiration that when you fall down, there's always a choice to get back up (STARKID REFERENCE) until that option is no longer available - then you can say you tried.

Now I'm rambling. Anyway, this chapter was beautiful, and I thought I'd point that out :) Cheers!
Colleen S chapter 25 . 11/4/2015
Lovely story. Very thought out.
Audrey chapter 4 . 11/1/2015
I cannot read any further than chap 4. Author, are you kidding me?! Is it some sort of joke? Lizzie is ignoring not to get stictches because she's stubborn etc etc...That's not even a point here. The way you described her injury, plus what will said...gosh he said he could see her bones. With that injury and bleeding no one can survive this long! And you made lizzie take trips to the bathroom and have friendly talks with everyone while eating popcorns? Have you ever taken biology? Do you even know how human body works? I get that you wanted to show that she's strong and all, and it's not that abnormal for yer to travel to Darcys house in the snow. Desperation gives you strength, but after that it's impossible for her to survive this long! If it were a small cut it would have been fine and all your story would have fit in but with that injury you have given lizzie the image of Hercules, which doesn't seem real. The story has lost its flavour for me regardless of the fact that it had such a good plot and such good character building starting from the very first word. I'm so disappointed. Though I would recommend you to rewrite the 3 chap ...just make it a less horrible cut and then u can just say that due to her stubbornness of not getting stitches she is posing a threat to the wound. That would make way more sense. I hope you read it and improve the story, so that I could finish reading this story.
192yy chapter 26 . 9/5/2015
As a huge fan of P&P and ballet, I am thrilled to see a crossover on the two things that I love. I stopped reading last night after finishing the first few chapters because I wasn't sure I like the ridiculously stubborn Lizzie who refused switching because of fear of needles. I know how common it is for dancers to be injured. They of all people should know how an injury could easily end their careers. But today I couldn't help but crawl back to you story, and it just kept getting better!

The part I enjoyed the most was when Lizzie was in London, having dinner with Will and Ana in their hotel room. I'm really glad that you let her auditioned with the Royal Ballet, and I felt really sorry when Lizzie didn't get in. But I guess she'll be quite happy with ABT, and doing something other than Balanchine :D Somehow, your Lizzie reminds me a lot of Marialena Nunez, who is lively and fearless. I am wondering if you have any particular person in mind as Lizzie when you were writing this.

This is a very well written piece and I enjoyed every character and how you put them in the modern setting in your story. It's one of the best P&P AU stories that I've ever read. Bravo!
paintbuckets chapter 26 . 8/14/2015
It was very well written. You have formidable abilities as a writer, and I thank you for sharing them.
evaespark chapter 10 . 8/9/2015
Oh my. Reading this chapter really hit me hard. I've had a year of ankle injuries that have left me frustrated, sad & scared when I think of what I've lost and the million what-ifs that come with an injury. So I really empathize w/ Lizzie here. Great job expressing how she's struggling. Like damn. Tears were shed.
SiriuslyPsychic chapter 23 . 7/24/2015
You made a Disney reference!
Lisa Cooper chapter 26 . 7/20/2015
Beautiful story! Relationships can go beyond weddings, kids, etc. There are beautiful, happy spots that come before, after, during, etc. the exciting parts of a relationship. Thanks for writing a little bit about it. May life be workable or better for you.
Lisa Cooper chapter 10 . 7/18/2015
Poor Lizzy! It is hard to do things you used to be good at, but now you can't do them as well. My head got hit too hard, and I have difficulty with learning now, but like Lizzy, I have to keep going. Thank you for this story.
Guest chapter 8 . 7/16/2015
You know... Charlotte is what one would call a gold-digger in the modern era as she has no onlogation to marry, has the right and ability to work but just won't. She 's a mercenary and a gold-digger and the type of woman who discredit other women for no fault of their own by their selfish actions. I dislike her.
Cherlfoy chapter 26 . 7/2/2015
Thanks a lot for sharing ! I had a great time reading you :)
Cherlfoy chapter 25 . 7/2/2015
Falling for Will didn't mean falling while dancing. That sentence is actually well built around your story !
I tought you were a bit cruel about the fall, but if you did it, so that you could write that sentence, I totally forgive you ! (& explain how Lizzie made peace with herself in her heart)
Cherlfoy chapter 19 . 7/2/2015
My word, Darcy in the scene of the stairs is just soooo cute. Didn't you have problems melting down while writing it ? Because I had, reading it ! xD
I really appreciate your adaptation !
Cherlfoy chapter 18 . 7/2/2015
The last scene with Ana saying that the tension is too thick is just hilarious. I can totally imagine your Darcy saying ' Duly noted ' to Lizzy. Your story is awesome !
1,185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »