Reviews for Holly Evans and the Spiral Path
Blacsparrow chapter 34 . 8/25
well this seems like an okay place to pause a second to mention something that has just been irking me. I like this story don't get me wrong. Reading it has made me want nothing more than to finish so i can read more stories youve written. now enough flattery, im actually finding myself annoyed at just how all men seem to be the villians in this story. the ones who aren't are marginalized or ignored. the closest the story has come to men who are mostly decent people are Fred and George and while they show up somewhat frequently they are never seen really doing anything. the best they managed was making the slytherins sick. Holly and Hermoine mess with them frequently but any time the twins get one over they are met with physical violence. I cant even say Remus is a decent guy. grown man at least in his mid to late thirties lusting blatantly after two of his students. While Holly looks physically older. Hermione is still very much a 14 year old girl. thats less than half his age. for nice but marginalized characters. Hagrid (most marginalize him and I wouldnt include him but he gets a mention here by virtue of being one of a hand full of decent males.) Cedric, He shows up and has an interest but isnt an ass about his interest. Holly has mentioned hes slept with a lot of girls but yet hes never been disrespectful even showing up to check in on Holly in the hospital wing hasn't been seen since. Seamus Finnegan, has showed up in Holly's journal four times. the first two times he was okay. the second two were just mentions of how he and Hermione were dating and then why they broke up. Snape started with some promise to be decent. That was given up in hollys third year. Oliver Wood, never even quoted in the story, just commented on as a decent guy but we are always reminded that he's gay when he is brought up. I think I made my point. I love strong female characters. and at least this story doesnt paint all the females in it as good either. the chasers were absolute bitches so there is some balance. And I do understand its a societal thing in this story. but when it seems almost every male Holly meets is a rapist in the making it hurts the impact when it turns out to be the case. That said, I do enjoy this story and Ill keep reading more. Just needed to get that off my chest.
Robert Harrison chapter 2 . 8/25
"More specifically, I was sitting directly under Firenze's quite impressive fur-covered twitching Man- uhh... Horse-parts. They're bigger than my leg. It was distracting."

For some reason I find this a lot funnier than I think it actually it. It got me some strange looks when I bust out laughing.
Blacsparrow chapter 15 . 8/23
i have read many many many stories. With all manner of perspective. from harry tofemharry andharrys forgotten/lost sibling. i have to say with all the stories I have read I have seen hate speeches angled at every single named character in the franchise (even Tom the barkeep though I cant remember where I saw that one.). In all my years reading and the many stories I have gone through i can say hands down that the verbal lashing Holly gives Marge in this chapter is my favorite. bravo.
KasumiKeiko chapter 8 . 8/21
So this chapter kinda hinted that she can use the polyjuice cause she is alley under some kind of change to the physical.
KasumiKeiko chapter 7 . 8/20
Ok I got to know, is Holly really Harry? Dumbledor had the "brilliant" idea to hide him in plane sight?
Kurrent chapter 50 . 8/2
THIS is my favorite version of Dark Girl Harry. And my favorite version of Fleur, and of Tonks, and MacGonagall and Dumbledore and Sirius and Remus. They're all incredibly complicated but utterly, sometimes painfully, fleshed out and brought to life in incredibly vivid detail.

I cannot thank you enough for being so considerate as to separate the more intense moments from the main story, so we have the choice to peruse them or skip them individually. That is incredibly thoughtful, and it adds to the story without taking anything away.

Great story. Absolutely wonderful.
RollingInTheDarkness chapter 23 . 7/27
Never have I read a fanfic that gave me such a twist as this one did. And such a fulfilling and satisfying one! Props to you. All the plastic and wooden and imaginary props to you. No matter how the rest of this story pans out, I am already completely and unabashedly enamored with it. Thank you.
javegar453 chapter 50 . 7/25
Just finished reading this and wow I have no words in how to express this story, I wasn't sure how I felt when I started reading it but the style grew on me and I'm really glad that I read the whole story and I can't wait to start reading the sequel :)
Estelle Lumene chapter 17 . 7/14
I love love LOVE your class list! It makes so much sense actually!
Estelle Lumene chapter 16 . 7/14
The wayward eldest Weasley XD and Crooks who like his new pet XD
Estelle Lumene chapter 15 . 7/14
Well, Marge and Vernon and Ripper debut is something to behold. Dudley surprised me here. Did he understand what was Holly implying?
Hedwig is a riot. Iron Fist is a thing of beauty. Like anime stuff.
The Imperio incident is like morbid fairytale (as all fairytales are to be).
Estelle Lumene chapter 13 . 7/14
This tale is disturbing and humorous which makes it even more disturbing. You have a talent. Btw, poor Penny /
Uhhh, eggs?
I find it disturbing (there's no other word) to describe the whole "penis-theme" that goes around here. I wonder what happened to her hair. And what kind of Holly-observation will Sirius/Remus/Bill get.
Estelle Lumene chapter 12 . 7/14
Oh god, Hedwig and Fawkes. Discussing childcare. Oh, these troublesome birdlings!
Estelle Lumene chapter 11 . 7/14
I hope the ginger bint really does "hang".
Estelle Lumene chapter 9 . 7/14
"I will find you and hurt you. I will pluck your eyes to keep my secrets safe. Sleep well." Sleep well, whoever you are, the one who reads her journal. Someone must be reading it.
So, Holly is her own older sister and her own younger brother. That's... sounds like a riddle.