Reviews for Holly Evans and the Spiral Path
skywiseskychan chapter 43 . 1/23/2013
It really took all my ability to ask that with a straight and clueless face. Girls throughout the room started grinning at each other, exchanging knowing looks, while the upperclass boys just stood back and shook their heads, smirking knowingly. Also, not to disparage the Weasleys or Neville, but I suddenly noticed that the male Hufflepuffs on the whole were an attractive bunch. And Hufflepuff girls from 3rd year upward, with the exception of their 6th year prefect Erin something, are quite chesty. I'm thinking hard work is frequently awarded by hard play in that dorm, and that they rarely win the House cup because they're more concerned with their own internal reward system. Sometimes having a destiny... really sucks.

This single paragraph deserves a whole story.
Theilon chapter 50 . 1/12/2013
Definitely the best Harry Potter fanfic I've ever read. Dark and disturbing as well as funny at times, quite realistic. It's a great story you've woven here.
skywiseskychan chapter 13 . 1/9/2013
Eeep, slimy black eggs, like a chicken, or a snake... this... is definitely a disturbing change.
skywiseskychan chapter 10 . 1/8/2013
A vital essense hmm? That sounds... sticky. :)

It's likely to be rather more dificult for him to sneak in a loyalty draught for the future I would imagine. Especially as for several weeks or months lots of people would likely be a bit paranoid about it given he basically admitted there might or was tampering to that particular feast.
skywiseskychan chapter 6 . 1/8/2013
I almost did a spit take reading "By the way, the more that the QQQ stores the more it quivers, which may be good or bad depending on where one keeps it hidden." Oh my god, that is hilarious. It's just fabulous.

Now I feel bad for Holly, and Ginny may be a better friend that it appears. Or not, but I might side with her if she can learn some tact. Also the QQQ is a great way to do this sharing of information she doesn't wish to share.
skywiseskychan chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
I am really enjoying this story by this point, though I'm sad a full chapter has gone by without a single reference to a centar's particular bits. That part really is quite funny. I do have to wonder a bit about what's REALLY going on with Holly and Harry, and if the journal she's writting in to pass messages to harry even needs to be magical to do so given its author. I'm just very intrigued at what is happening behind the scenes and look forward to the rest.
Red Aviary chapter 25 . 9/22/2012
I was for the most part liking this story up until the big reveal a few chapters ago. Well, actually I started disliking certain aspects of it even before then (the introduction of "Newt", primarily - I preferred the quill as a narrative device). At this point I've lost interest in continuing, at least for now.

Basically, I liked where things were around Chapter 19 or so, and things just went downhill from there. It's just... going in a direction I'm not fond of, and it's not just the whole gender identity thing. It's not very helpful, I know, but I can't be more specific than that. Just a matter of taste I guess, and there's not much point in arguing about that.

Like I said, I liked it up until Chapter 19/20. So thanks for that much at least.
Acaila chapter 50 . 9/13/2012
Great story. I was worried after Ch. 49, but with this chapter and the note at the bottom revealing all the secrets she still has, I can definitely see Holly still has a chance. I'd write more, but I need to start reading the sequel now!
Not-A-Spy chapter 49 . 7/7/2012
Doooooooooooooooooooom

I think Minerva sums it up well...
Not-A-Spy chapter 47 . 7/7/2012
o.0

An interesting cure.
Not-A-Spy chapter 30 . 7/5/2012
Okay, I try for willing suspension of disbelief. But Lily's actions... THAT'S STUPID. I read and re-read the Sprialverse version of the Fidelius, and there is NOTHING to stop Lily from imprisoning Wormtail indefinitely.

The likely objection you will raise to this is that the Fidelius breaks if you don't trust your secret keeper (that it factorizes as a combination of magical power and magnitude of trust), but you never explicitly say that, list that as a rule.

So Lily was an IDIOT and possibly suicidal to just give up and let the prophecy (which I understand are probably actually enforceable in the Spiralverse) go through when there were other things she could try.

/rant

Still a very good story, all things considered.
surlyjo chapter 50 . 5/22/2012
Awesome story, very enjoyable. The Harry/Holly thing was somewhat difficult to assimilate at first, but fit well with the rest of the story arc.
crankypants chapter 18 . 5/15/2012
I'm really enjoying the heck outta this story. Is Holly Harry? Is she really an illegitimate child of Lily Evans? If she was, does that make Snape her dad? I can't favorite this until I get to the end, but I hope it finishes as well as it has started. Awesome!
PinaPoe chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Woo just reread this epic story. Easily this is one of the best stories out there, dark engaging characters and story lines, well thought out plots. I am hoping you will continue with the sequel as completed this could easily be my favorite story. I reviewed this once when I first read it and all I can add to that now is it was even better the second read through. Thank you!
The Prickly Pineapple chapter 50 . 1/22/2012
I'm not usually a fan of femharry stories, but this one was expertly done.
757 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »