Reviews for Holly Evans and the Spiral Path
Z chapter 50 . 6/13/2011
First few chapters are written in script/chat. As you're aware, it's a violation of 's ToS.

Just to let you know.
wolf550e chapter 17 . 5/6/2011
Greek is not a Romance language. But Romanian is, and you forgot it (30 million naive speakers). Also, if they really learn this way, they would learn many Romance languages (these are the Western part):

Dozens of different languages, still spoken today from Italy to the Atlantic. Some of the groups who speak those languages fight for independence (The Basques, for example).
Sangemaru chapter 29 . 5/2/2011
Don't tell me, I think I'm just now connecting the dots... Florean Fortescue is actually Grindelwald, isn't he?
Sangemaru chapter 22 . 5/2/2011
Ok, it was actually a great effort reviewing this chapter, because I have an extreme drive to always click Next.

Your story is mind-numbingly convoluted, although awesome, insane and full of mindfuck.

I love it.

I find it really sad that for a 50-chapter masterpiece you only have five hundred something reviews. If you want, I'll try to make a mini-review for each chapter.

Once I finish reading it.

My brain is full of fuck right now.
Sheaman chapter 22 . 4/14/2011
I'd like to say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. I'd also like to say that I figured it out all on my lonesome, but unfortunately I was spoilered (accidentally, I presume) by the author that directed me this way. I was just hoping I had misunderstood, as I hate being spoilered. Anyways, nice way to reveal the truth.

I wonder why the Map shows her as "Holly?" Self-perception? Hm...
Sheaman chapter 10 . 4/13/2011
I'm not sure if it was intentional, and it might have been because I was already suspecting it pretty strongly, but you dropped a few rather large hints in that conversation with Prof McG.
Sheaman chapter 7 . 4/13/2011
So something that you are changing because it doesn't make sense is that the Slytherin dorms are protected by more than a password? B/c just hiding behind a blank stretch of wall isn't clever enough?

That's...a rather good idea, actually. I don't know if I would, but would you mind if I used it in a story I'm concocting?

Oh, and the people who speak to snakes are Parselmouths, they speak Parseltongue.
Emma chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
"so the fanservice is turned up to 11."

The fact that you consider what happens in this fic an "11" makes me feel sorry for anyone you'll date/marry.
Europec chapter 50 . 4/6/2011
Awesome doesn't cover this enough! 8D /5!
Separ chapter 50 . 3/27/2011
Great story, thanks a lot!

Though I still wonder about Wormtail being able to take out Holly and Cedric like that ...

Now off to the sequel ;-)
badkidoh chapter 50 . 3/20/2011
well I just read all 50 chapters and the Tangents on the (Harry Potter FanFic Archive) but i wanted to Review here.

I really really liked the Holly/Hermione love story part of the story the most. I also liked that Holly/Hermione where somewhat still together later as well after Tonks got add in and stuff.

Anyway i didn't like the religious junk or the idea of possible just pawning Hermione off with some other charter instead of having her just share holly with Tonks.

I will possible read the sequel.
joelwilliamson chapter 39 . 3/18/2011
A bit late now, but I found the journalizing intriguing, a form of prose that you have clearly have a strong grasp of.
joelwilliamson chapter 50 . 3/18/2011
For a first attempt at fanfic, I'm amazed. This is one of the most intriguing and well written stories I've read in quite some time. The fact you avoided mangling the English language is well appreciated, as many authors here seem to fail in their understanding the use of a spellchecker, let alone a thesaurus.

If I have to wait a day to continue reading this saga, it will be too long, but I do have some appreciation for the effort this must take, so some leniency is merited. I'd rather not though.

PinaPoe chapter 50 . 3/12/2011
I started your epic Monday night, it is now Saturday morning and I am left with the feeling of having completed a masterpiece. I cant say enough how amazing a read this was, from the believable personalities, the subplots, the twists and turns this was an epic. I can't say enough except thank you and I look forward to the sequel!
addicted2text chapter 28 . 3/10/2011
I appreciated the note, unfortunately you have private messages disabled so I will have to resort to replying in the reviews., I hadn't figured that out yet, as you can see I am only just now finishing up on chapter twenty eight. Interesting little puzzle here. May I ask if you got any of your inspiration from the Ranma One Half series or fanfiction?

I was mostly commenting on what your story seemed to be saying about gender and feminism. For one thing I'm glad you say there was a soul infusion involved because it helps mitigate a few things. For instance John Money's research suggesting that gender roles are fluid was largely discredited when it came out he had falsified the reports of happy adjustment in the boy who was raised as a girl when an unfortunate accident occurred during a routine circumcision. The latest research seems to indicate that gender identity and roles are imprinted at a very early age.

Since Harry was already past the age of one and nearly two when Riddle attacked them, it would seem most likely that Harry's gender identity was already set by that point. Your infusing the soul of Lily Potter should alter circumstances to make things slightly more believable. And in any case, who said Holly was adjusted? :)
726 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »