Reviews for Holly Evans and the Spiral Path
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 22 . 6/28/2009
Finally! Harry makes an appearance.

Not sure I buy Hermione's reaction though. She must have suspected, she likes Holly, and she likes guys (that way). So, she should be fascinated and maybe a little relieved that her squeeze is actually a guy. Still, it's good to know that *real* girls get all emotional and freaked in this story.

Now Holly knows she is a guy at root but she's used to being female-ish. So will she want to remain Holly and not learn her true self? It would be deliciously twisted if she stayed as Harry but got herself a "redactadickfromme" in the muggle way. ;-)

Fun chapter, thanks for the update.
dougal74 chapter 22 . 6/28/2009
Another great chapter and a fantastic story to date. Will Harry stay Harry, or will this allow him to transform between the two and at will. Maybe you can make him what I term as a 'true-metamorph'; someone who can change into anything - animal, magical-sentients or human (maybe, needing first to have skin to skin or skin to fur/feather/scales contact to achieve said change).
dougal74 chapter 21 . 6/28/2009
dougal74 chapter 20 . 6/28/2009
A great chapter...gotta love Newt, he is great.
dougal74 chapter 19 . 6/28/2009
dougal74 chapter 18 . 6/28/2009
dougal74 chapter 17 . 6/28/2009
Some1Else2 chapter 22 . 6/27/2009
Very cool story. Great break from the usual Harry is a girl. Is the way the plot is shaping up (as of the last chapter), really how you're handling this or is it just a cliff hanger? It was too suspicious that there was no Harry interaction but this is almost kind of sad. It would have been cooler that Harry never really existed but that Harry was in fact the girl, Holly. Turning a boy into a girl just to hide him in plain sight is a bit disappointing. Doing so makes your story more of a discourse in sexual identity, sexual preference identity, and the kind of "drama" driven plots that ruin most of television now a days (kind of like the L Word, a great concept but it turned into a bad soap opera of lesbian life, whether it was accurate or not. Eh maybe I just don't care for drama).If you were to say that was exactly what you intended by this story... well it does add more to the whole manipulative Dumbledore and betrayal thing on much deeper level (though maybe somewhat contrived). I have enjoyed how well you've differentiated your characters' personalities. And while I found the diary format a little tedious, this story has been really well written (just a few typos). I love it when a story can frustrate me like this almost as much as finding a story that satisfies me on all the levels I want to be satisfied! Great Job!
Little Lion chapter 22 . 6/27/2009
Um.

I fucking love this story.

Plain and simple.
dougal74 chapter 16 . 6/27/2009
dougal74 chapter 15 . 6/27/2009
FallenAngelMiarra chapter 22 . 6/27/2009
I was kinda expecting Holly to turn out to be Harry, either via transformation as happened or via there never being a Harry to begin with just an illusion for the sheep/idiots of the Wizarding World to not know their "Boy" Who Lived was really the "Girl" Who Lived.

As for questions, I've got one I know I'ld probably ask, unless there's a really good explanation. And, frankly, considering I'm expecting a "I am the All Mighty Dumbledore who knows best, and how dare you question me" explanation from Lord High Manipulator Dumbledore, I'm not expecting one. The question: Why shouldn't I kill you anyways?
dougal74 chapter 14 . 6/27/2009