Reviews for Metaphors
Between-The-Netherworlds chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Always did love the mayor and Faith's father/daughter relationship... It's kinda nice to see a story about them.
lilyme chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
okay, anyone else get that weird noise every time they enter ffnet? I figure it has to do with the game advertisements - still it's very disturbing... :P

Also disturbing was the last part of your story - disturbing in a good way! I really hadn't thought that he'd let go off her after all... though it's a logical thing to do... Question remains if he thought she was ready when he let her go or if he wanted her to fall *sniff*
amortentiate chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
This was a beautiful story Jinx. I'll say this is one of your best stories till date. Its nice to read a good ole family drama without the angst that seems to normally creep into it. Good job. :)
Lupo669 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I never bought the whole "Mayor really cares" thing. He spent all his years using people to get what he wanted. He even told Buffy and the Scoob's the only person he ever loved was his wife.

Just sorry Faith had to find out the hard way.

Good one shot. Please keep them coming.

See ya...
Pricilla Grey chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Wow, this was really heartbreaking in places and beautifully written as well, I loved it :)
fuffylover chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
this was a awesome one-shot. the mayor got faith a bike so cute. i mean yeah he was a demon and stuff but the mayor did care about faith maybe even loved her. he took care of her got a roof over her head and clothes and made sure she ate healthy and got enough food. more than anybody else did for faith.
Imogene the Dancing Cow chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I really love all of your stories, though I’ve never reviewed one before. I really should beat myself for it!

The interaction between Faith and the Mayor is always so interesting. It’s especially sweet here, with a sense of foreboding, just like their actual relationship in the show. The Mayor truly does care about her, but she’s letting his kindness hide the fact that he’s also using her, like she’s probably been used all her life. I think he’s really given her everything she’s ever wanted, but he wants too much in return. She just hasn’t realized it yet.

But, yeah, awesome work! Faith plus bike equals adorable. And the foreshadowing of the last part is so sad.