Reviews for The Amazingly Different Race
LorelaiSquared chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
HA! I knew the just friendsthing wasnt going to last long. I love how theyre trying to be all business and focus on the race (and doing well with it) yet they are still so drawn to each other. Theyre subtly touching each other a lot more just in general - things like holding an arm, or him kissing the top of her head. I love those moments, it makes them seem more coupley.

I love that they were so drawn to each other they had to go talking about fireflies - and yet it still didnt work. Im waiting for them to just give in and fall asleep in each others arms and admit that this is sososososo much more than just sex.

Although I guess she sort of did in the shelter. I loved what she said there: “Well…” she began then paused, “Personally, I know for a fact that I’m gonna end up with one of the good ones.” Luke tossed her a glance but kept working.

“You don’t say,” he said nonchalantly.

She nodded. “Yeah. Someone who’ll love me. And respect me. Be there for me. And who’ll treat me like I deserve to be treated.”

“Hm.”

“But most importantly will love my kid more than life, itself.”

He stood up and took a breath as he looked around the room. “Well, that is important,” he commented.

She continued on after a moment. “That’s the guy that’s gonna get my heart.”

Best conversation ever!

I also have to mention how hilarious Kirk was in this chapter - wonder how those chocolates turned out?

Cant wait to see how this ends. Thanks for a great story.
LorelaiSquared chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
So much to love here. Luke holding her hair after she drank the disgusting concoction was sweet. I love all the challenges in this chapter - the baseball one was amusing and WOW Im impressed she climbed that wall.

The sex was unexpected but it kind of worked. Im worried about what will happen next - Lorelai seemed a little too flippant afterward. Great job though, Im truly loving this.
sarahb2007 chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
wow i can't believe that this story is almost over andi am so glad that luke talked some sense into lorelai and i can't wait for them to win and then go and "celebrate" lol well update ASAP
LorelaiSquared chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
Im totally digging this my friend. Love the competition so far, and Luke and Lorelais part in it. The popsicle thing had me giggling - bet thats the only time well ever see Luke willingly eat a popsicle.

I love how Luke caught her staring at the bowling alley. I only wish shed fess up and tell him who she was really looking at.

Great trash talk and banter happening here, Im loving it.
Mag68 chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
I don't have to tell you again how much I am loving this, do I? What? You never get sick of hearing it? Okay, I love it! I am really enjoying the challenges that you have them do, and the build up of the competition. I had to giggle as they had to 'splain to Kirk that they were both representing SH. I could totally see Kirk getting too wrapped up in it all.

Ah, the loving the loving. I think that the denial is perfectly in tune for them, but I love that they can't seem to get past the need for each other.

Great job, waiting for the next chapter! *pants*
LorelaiSquared chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Wow. Im loving this story. I was trying to wait until it was finished but i just couldnt resist. Im glad I didnt cause that was fantabulastic.

I love that Lorelai convinced Luke to participate. She can talk him into just about anything and I love that. Also, they make a great team and are totally going to kick some butt. Ive only ever seen bits and pieces of the amazing race so Im curious to see what you come up with, so far Im liking the competition youve set up. Kirk and trash talk are fabulous.

Thanks for the quick updates.

PS- want a tip for not having to deal with tags on BWR? I C&P my stories into a blank LJ post, then I switch to the HTML view, Copy that and paste it into the submission window at BWR. Works like a dream. I can post on BWR in about 5 minutes now when before it would take hours.
truelovepooh chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
I'm so not a reality tv person (have enough of my own reality you know?) but doing this Luke and Lorelai style is awesome! The clues and all the tasks make it fun to read, I'm loving this story, and as always great smut woman!
Elaine chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
GOD! Seriously, I don't know how you do it! This was so hot, amazingly written, and just briliant!

Can't wait for the next chapter! I love it!
vaso.caskett chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
Hee they can't seem to keep their hands off each other and i like it.

I must admit i was expecting worse reaction to their night together but they handled it pretty well. Waiting till they get to Stars Hollow, although they can't seem to be able to wait at all :)

Hope Kirk doesn't win the final challenge should be something for Luke so that he beats everyone and brings home the prize ;)
Jewels12 chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
M, that was a delicious bit of reading!

I love that they're saving the 'relationship' part of their relationship for the SH. Well, I don't LOVE it, per say, but it's adding an incredibly sexy level of tension and anticipation, so yeah, I'm a happy camper.

Highlights...

- ouchie

- sand games

- the default save!

- laxatives

- curtain rod... heh, rod

- spit

- smut!

- street singing

- fireflies

- smut!

I'm lovin' this like a toonie floozy! Can't wait for the concluding chapter! You're doing an AMAZING job! :)
Nogodsnomasters chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
Nogods rises from her chair and waves her hand and screams a la Horshack,"Oh! Oh! Oh! I know! I know! It Happened One Night!"

Am I right or am I right? Was that a random choice or is Lorelai Ellie Andrews and Luke, Peter Warne?

Okay, I am loving this story. I did think it was a weird to have Lorelai go back to the cot after having sex for the second time, but I loved the lead in to the sex. The whole hand over mouth/"You spit on me!" scene was so adorable.

The post-sex move to separate beds worked better the third time because now it's like a sexy way to kind of torture themselves en route to a future big event. Is that why, (if you'll pardon the expression) Luke hasn't yet "gone shopping downtown" if you know what I mean? Is that too intimate while they're still just "pals?" That's my theory, anyway.

Would have loved to read some of their firefly conversations. You're quite good at creating those moments (like in Patience Divine), but a writer has to edit somewhere, right? Oh well.

I cannot wait for the final chapter!

Oh, and thanks for some sweet visuals on Luke(the thin, sleeveless, shirt and boxers...yum-my!)
Copop chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
Still loving the story. How they complete each other, how they cheer the other on, and each other, too.

Oh, and I notice Lorelai's "Babe" -s for Luke are coming every time she isn't aware of it, like it's just slipping out. Love that.

But here come my buts ;)

I notice the sex (because, this is sex to Lorelai, at least for now, until they're back in Stars Hollow) isn't that 'good' or long anymore.

I guess you display it that way on purpose. Maybe to show that the real thing will happen back home? And this is something I really don't like. I mean, why don't they wait until then? The first time I could understand, and after they talked about it, I was almost sure Lorelai wouldn't initiate anything further.

But now it feels like Lorelai is just using Luke. Which is why I feel sorry for Luke. He obviously wants more now already, but Lorelai is hesitating.

I can't exactly pinpoint what is bothering me with that whole situation. It just doesn't feel right...

On the other hand, Lorelai wants to break off the competition to head back home a day early so she can begin the relationship with Luke. Talk about mixed signals

That being said, I love how you write them, and as said above, the way they support each other.

I just hope they get to talk properly about what is happening before they're back home. Would make feel Luke not so used anymore?

Ok, rambling over.

Till the next update :D
Ashura3 chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
Ah, their lovemaking in this chapter was so... sweet. I don't know how else to describe it. And it was made all the more sweeter by their pledge to remain "friends" till they get to their their home turf. Favorite lines:

A short silence followed before Lorelai’s quiet voice was heard. “Goodnight, Luke… buddy.”

Luke shook his head, rolled his eyes, and turned away. “Yeah, same to you…pal.”

Can't wait for the last chapter, but as I always am with your stories, I'm a little sad about reaching the ending.
Jeremy Shane chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
good chapter & more please
cywen69 chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
Another great chapter. I love all the events they are competing in. Poor Lorelai having to drink the sardine drink. I really felt her pain. I loved that she conquered the rock wall.

When they finally got together, the sex seemed a little distant yet passionate. No real foreplay I guess is what I'm getting at. No big lead up to the final act like most of your stories are known for. THeir kisses were passionate and heart felt though. I just figureed they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other. But their reactions afterward parrelled the sex somewhat to me. Their shyness and lack of intimacy after reflected the way that they came together. Just my humble opinion of it. I'm wondering if you ment it that way, so they could fight about it, bring the passion back out, but next time with more emotion and feeling and lots of foreplay. Your stories usually have the heat simmering for a while before we get that firey explosion at the end.

I did really enjoy this chapter though, and I know this is just the middle of the story. I guess I'm just used to your one shots that I get to read the story it's entirety, so I get to the good part immediately. I just can't wait to see how they react to each other through the rest of the race and beyond.

Wendy