Reviews for The Amazingly Different Race
Ashura3 chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
Ah, their lovemaking in this chapter was so... sweet. I don't know how else to describe it. And it was made all the more sweeter by their pledge to remain "friends" till they get to their their home turf. Favorite lines:

A short silence followed before Lorelai’s quiet voice was heard. “Goodnight, Luke… buddy.”

Luke shook his head, rolled his eyes, and turned away. “Yeah, same to you…pal.”

Can't wait for the last chapter, but as I always am with your stories, I'm a little sad about reaching the ending.
Jeremy Shane chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
good chapter & more please
cywen69 chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
Another great chapter. I love all the events they are competing in. Poor Lorelai having to drink the sardine drink. I really felt her pain. I loved that she conquered the rock wall.

When they finally got together, the sex seemed a little distant yet passionate. No real foreplay I guess is what I'm getting at. No big lead up to the final act like most of your stories are known for. THeir kisses were passionate and heart felt though. I just figureed they wouldn't be able to keep their hands off each other. But their reactions afterward parrelled the sex somewhat to me. Their shyness and lack of intimacy after reflected the way that they came together. Just my humble opinion of it. I'm wondering if you ment it that way, so they could fight about it, bring the passion back out, but next time with more emotion and feeling and lots of foreplay. Your stories usually have the heat simmering for a while before we get that firey explosion at the end.

I did really enjoy this chapter though, and I know this is just the middle of the story. I guess I'm just used to your one shots that I get to read the story it's entirety, so I get to the good part immediately. I just can't wait to see how they react to each other through the rest of the race and beyond.

Wendy
jsczech chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
So glad to see a new story from you. I re-read all of your work. Love this one and can't wait to see more!

Jill
Jeremy Shane chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
good chapter & more please
vaso.caskett chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
uh oh indeed, because their reaction after making love wasn't one of the best. I'm sensing awkwardness the next day, even a big fight but hopefully nothing that will delay them or make them not talk to each other.

Can't wait to see what you've got planned.
Jewels12 chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
Another fabulous chapter! Some highlights...

- hacky sacks

- halitosis

- mannequins

- wus

- swimming

- sex

- pillows

- sex pillows

I'm lovin' this, I'm hooked beyond belief and I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter!
sarahb2007 chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
i sure hope that update 4 comes quickly this chapter was amazing but i feel bad that they both are like feeling the way that they do after amazing sex... hopefully they don't act like nothing happened and i hope they don't abandon the race... update soon
Copop chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
Oh, I am loving this story.

I so loved how they both cheer each other on, encourage each other, manage this thing together.

Nothing better that this to get them even closer.

The closest, so to say. Which will be my main point:

I was actually surprised you let them have sex this early into the story. You haven’t done this before. Because as you said in your author’s note, there will be about 2 more chapters. Meaning, you’ll have them deal with what they ‘accidentally’ did. It was a spur of the moment thing for them, for Lorelai at least, I think. Or maybe even half spur, half want, half lust, half love. Lol, that would be two whole things, so, see, way too much to handle in this moment. Ok, illogical rambling over…

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just observing, you usually end it like that, now they have to deal with it.

Which brings me to answering your questions (for me): I think they will pretend nothing ever happened. I hope so otherwise, but knowing the two L’s, I can imagine how the morning after, or even already the next meeting after the shower will look like. Stealing glances, hiding feelings and so on and so on.

That is, until the next night… Even more interesting ;)

They will definitely end the race. Lorelai wants to beat Kirk after all :P

Chris won’t show up. That would be weird, plus you won’t do that to us, will ya?

And I forgive you for bringing him up.

Ok, see this as my personal way of looking at things, I just want to get my thoughts on the keyboard for you to know.

Let’s see what turns out true and false.

Till the next update (keep them coming :P )
Nogodsnomasters chapter 3 . 3/14/2009
Hm...you brought the L's together sooner than I expected. That's cool. I like surprises. I'm not sure what to make of the post-coital awkwardness, but there were smiles, so hopefully they will clear things up between them, but probably not without a little drama, I'm sure.

I like how you present us with Lorelai's stolen glances at Luke and her interior thoughts about his sexiness, so I was a tiny bit disappointed that you didn't share any of Lorelai's thoughts about seeing shirtless,swimming Luke. She couldn't take her eyes off him, though, and who could blame her?

As far as bringing up "that little b#tch's" name, all I can do is laugh and salute your mischievousness. It doesn't take much to stir up hysteria in the javajunkie fanfic world! Anyway, you made me laugh. Can't wait for what's next!
suusje32 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
You're back! :)

really enjoying the first chapter thanks!
Sutton07 chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
Oh, you can't do that after reading this amazing chapter you bring up this terrible idea "Will Christopher show up and steal our girl's heart? Forgive you for even mentioning the name that all depends on your 4th chapter. Now, I'm going to review this chapter but now you've got me kind of worried, sad, unhappy that you could even mention his name and spoil such a terrific story about two character I fell in love with?

Just want to say this is another funny chapter. Lorelai telling Luke I'll be back in 5 seconds and it's six minutes already she finally appears and says "Hair Crisis" Luke frowns and says "You have your hair in a ponytail" "Exactly" "And it's a cute one." "You should have seen the tails of the first few ponies" unbelievably funny. Your imagination in writing these funny scenes is amazing. I can't stop laughing because I could just picture them saying these words to each other. I can't believe Lorelai drinking that disgusting concoction Luke trying to help her buy saying "Just imagine strawberry shortcake with lots and lots of whipped fatty cream piled on top of sweet moist slices of strawberries" Lorelai swallowed and then says "Okay, Luke I know you're trying to help, but you're making me more horny than anything else" (Whoa, did that comment leave us to assume that something might happen between them) "Hopefully I get a chance to show off my skills eventually too, Luke" "That way I can prove to you that I bring more to our team than my dazzling smile and personality" "Of course you bring more than that you also bring stress" At the end of chapter #3 lorelai and Luke finally come together in the romantic way I was hoping for. Thanks...

Have you taken a comedy writing class because this chapter would bring you an "A" Great job...
Elaine chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
Oh, NO Christopher! Please!

Awesome chapter! That was incredibly hot! Yummy Luke!
chants chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
I hope they don't pretend it didn't happen. They are great together. Can't wait till tomorrow for more.
Ashura3 chapter 3 . 3/13/2009
Oof, seeing Christopher's name at the end of this great chapter [and *great* ending] was like a punch in the gut! But considering that was the ONLY thing wrong with the chapter, I'm a pretty happy customer. Aside from the last scene, I enjoyed the blindfolded game of Catch most. It was really cute and fun the way Luke directed Lorelai. "Just throw it about thirty… five feet this time" made me laugh out loud.

As always, eagerly awaiting more...
90 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »