Reviews for The Amazingly Different Race
Jewels12 chapter 2 . 3/12/2009
Okay, so I'm not sure if my plan to save my significant reviews for BWR is really gonna work, but I'll try, damn it. I will try.

Anyway, I've decided at the same time, that I'll at least give you a little pre-review review over here, too.

This is such a fun and exciting story and I’m getting just as anxious and nervous as the participants. The challenges are so creative and clever, but was there ever any doubt that they would be? That's a big fat NO. I'm still laughing about the pickles and the chocolate syrup... oh, and the watermelon! HA!

Ned More!
Copop chapter 2 . 3/12/2009
Oh, I'm in love with this story already.

I was thinking, will there be a chapter for each day? Would be kind of fitting, but who knows. Well, we'll learn soon enough :)

About the chapter itself:

I love all those tasks and how they are formulated. Geez... how can you come up with something like that? It's truly awesome. And the very first? I SO would not have guessed that. The Holiday Inn on the other hand, I would have

And I love how the tasks are somewhat made for respectively one of them.

Maybe there will be a challenge where both their talents are needed? Just rambling here

Oh, and I am so very certain those nights together in one room could get... interesting ;)

And last but not least: The lines cracking me up the most and so, so, so hard:

He smiled. “My head should be allowed to swell just a little bit, don’t you think?”

She held up a hand. “Hey, buddy, what happens in the privacy of your own bedro-”

“Forget I said anything.”

LMAO!

Till the next update! :D
Ashura3 chapter 2 . 3/12/2009
The pacing in this chapter was really good. When LL were in an anxious frenzy I was on the edge of my seat, and when they slowed down I took a breather too. Looking forward to more updates!
Oncerx3 chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Kol!

Update soon, :D.
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
good chapter & more please
Elaine chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
You're back! YAY! You were missed, so very much! I was so happy to see a new story from you!

I'm loving it so far! It's awesome!
Nadine chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I am loving this story idea! The Amazing Race is such an excellent show...better than all the othere "reality" shows combined.

You're doing a good job setting up the premise and the teams. There is a nice sense of anticipation with the characters, starting a race into the unknown. I like how you're using the terms from the show like finding the "clue boxes" and racing to the "pit stop".

The only thing I'm having a hard time with?

Taylor is no Phil Koegan...
chants chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Great start. I'm hooked.

I love The Amazing Race so I'm doubly interested in this story.

Kirk cracked me and and so did Miss Patty.

And I loved Lorelai complimenting Luke's ass.

I can't wait for an update. :)
itzcheeseball chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
love it! can't wait for more :)
freakytiky chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Oh I am really really excited about this story! Please please update soon.

I like how you do such an excellent job of keeping the characters in alignment with what they actually act like on the show... it gives the fic a much more realistic tone and doesn't make the reader frustrated. I also appreciate how you take time to set up the plot without dragging it on forever and I enjoyed the sexual banter that Lorelai and Luke shared on more than one occasion in this chapter. I hope you spend lots of time on L&L during the race and... sleeping arrangements? Are they even allowed to sleep in a race as intense as this?

Hopefully these questions and more will be answered and SOON in the VERY LONG chapters that are to come. Thank you for writing these fabulous stories!
sudi chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
yay. I was so happy to see you have a new story up. I like the idea and the story so far. A line I realy liked was:

Taylor instructed all of the teams to get ready.

“My heart is pounding,” Lorelai said to Luke.

“Well, pray it doesn’t stop,” he said back.

- waiting for the next chapter
sarahb2007 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
aww i love your idea this is a great story... update soon and i love thr race
Jewels12 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Mo-ti-va-tion check! So glad you’re back! I’m a fan of the Amazing Race, so I’m really excited to see the unique twists and turns you bring to the game.

I've decided to save my long-winded reviews for BWR, 'cause it's more fun over there. And trust me, when they come, you are not gonna know what hit ya!

You're back, you're back! :)
penguinopus chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Off to a great start, as usual. I think it's been a while, huh? Hopefully Lorelai won't be too much of a klutz. I love your stories, because it's always such a natural, gentle build-up to the M-rating.
Mag68 chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
I did a happy dance when you posted today. It also made me laugh since i just sent my kiss up email last night and mentioned that I was jonesing, so thank you! I'm going to pretend that you did it just for me. *preens*

Okay, I will admit I was skeptical about the Amazing Race type thing, but as always, you have me hooked. I liked that you had Kirk angling to be Lorelai's partner as a way to diffuse the competition. Thanks for letting Kirk and marla make the cut. Nothing better than a trash talking Gleason.

Okay I made a few notes as I went along, and i just wanted to share them.

This: "Number one, I can take being around you for long periods of time. I don’t mind it at all." is the criteria I used to choose my husband. I'm not kidding. He's the only man I could spend hours with and not want to kill.

“I’m coming over there, Luke. When I get over there and give you this hug which is so unbelievably warranted right now, that’s going to be our contract." - This was made out of yum.

Chicago style pizza. - And this made me hungry and homesick.

"I like them. No but. Well, actually, there is a butt, which is kinda why I’m admiring them.” She winked at him as his eyes rose to hers.“But that’s another story for another time. We’ll have to talk about your scrumptious rumptious later,” she ended glowingly.

Luke continued to stare at her. “Did you just compliment my ass?” he asked dully.

Lorelai cranked up the jeep. “Twice,” she said holding up two fingers.

He nodded and looked out his window. “Thought so.” - This little exchange was perfection. Simple, sweet, flirty and grumbly. It made me smile.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to more! Oh and kill the motivation check people, wouldja? Thanks.

Mags