Reviews for The Journal of Davy Jones
Nina Modaffari chapter 2 . 7/27/2009
Aw, I love Davy Jones, and I love how you capture him in this story. Hope to see more from you!
Flygon Pirate chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
Wow...that's awesome!

I love how you describes Davy's feeling about the whole Dutchman being alive and feeding on souls...that was cool!

I can't wait for your update! :D
damsel-in-stress chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
That was fairly chilling. I don't quite no what to say. The idea that the ship is alive and the beautifully vivid way you described it was wonderful. I felt all cold when you started talking about the ships appetite especially when he wondered if it would ever take a fancy to him. It made me really wish it wouldn't even though we know what happens.

The ending when he talked of hope was the most upsetting and you've managed to really make me feel for poor Davy Jones as a person - something I had never thought much about before. It must have been horrible on that ship and you captured that so well.

Till the next entry!

Damsel
damsel-in-stress chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I like this idea a lot and so far it's very well written. I'm not especially fond of Davy Jones usually but for some reason I started reading this and enjoyed the style immensely. I especially liked the little preamble of how you found the book.

Your description of Calypso was very clever and deep. I loved how you linked her to all the different stories and legends. I could also very nearly see Davy Jones sitting down in his dark cabin and writing it!

Till the next extract.

Damsel
The Cowgirl Bookworm chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Hey this is preety good, and welcome to Arizona! It's awesome here, except for the snowbirds.
Nytd chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Oh, I love the entire concept!

The introduction to this with the part about finding the journal and beginning to decipher it and restore it is creative and terribly fun!

'But something else I always ask myself, and can never disregard, is this: how can one being be capable of so much destruction and so much beauty?'

I fear this is a question that he may never have had answered!

Nice opening 'journal entry' trying to explore all the faces and facets of Calypso!

I look forward to more entries!

Cheers!

Nytd
Flygon Pirate chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
COOL! I love it! :D

I can't wait for the next part!

Although I have one really dumb question (and I'm serious, it's dumb): The little italic paragraph at the top...is the whole thing of the 'you found Davy's journal' completely made-up?

Anyways, sorry for the stupid question...

Update soon! :D