Reviews for Running For Home
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
right in the honey nut feelios
tek chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Wow. I stumbled upon this story today after having a craving to read fics I'd missed throughout the years from not checking this site so regularly anymore. I found this one through a community, and I'm glad I did. This is hands down one of the best fics I've ever read on this site. I don't even know how to applaud you for how well you've written this - the characters, the emotions, the plot line...it's beautiful and brilliant.
LaraSGCLena chapter 7 . 10/25/2009
Wow where to start. I don't read fanfics that have either person dead or ending up dead but somehow I kept on reading, it clutched me, wrapped around my heart and tugged hard. To me it feels like this one's personal to you. Like you've lost someone but if you didn't then you captured it very well. I really shouldn't bother you with this but I've lost someone I loved very much and this story just describes everything, the feelings, the nightmares, the loss, fear of dying, embracing it, wanting to live. Very very well done. I cried. In a good way! Hope to read more from you :)
Jackalman22 chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
I'm still shaking from your story. I simply can't believe it took me this long to find this story, especially after you reviewed mine. Your writing has rocked me, struck a chord, and because of this, I'm rambling because I don't know how to start this review.

Everything about it was beautiful. The Prologue was beautiful and vivid, in its own dark and haunting way. The following chapters depicting Chris's tormented life, his tormented existence, his tormented HIM, all screamed to me. I felt everything that was happening, and in hindsight, I'm left astonished and incredible moved by your ability to so realistically and masterfully portray a man in such intricate detail.

I simply cannot get over how much I loved this story. It was so beautifully written, and every character who made an appearance made me feel something so genuine, so real, so heartbreaking. I'm going to sound like an emasculated dude or a whiny little girl by saying this, but I seriously had tears forming (which I, of course, blinked back in a manly fashion) at certain parts of your story. Yes, it had THAT potent of a gripping effect on me.

That said, the "lighter" parts made me smile, even laugh. And then, Chris's memory/dream sequences made truly feel for the man. The hope, the need to hold on, the fear, the loneliness, the torture, the sheer scariness of his own mind-all were portrayed in such a beautifully sad way. Well done. Well done, indeed.

I loved the characterizations you verbalized in all of the supporting cast, my particular favorites being those of Claire (gotta love the sibling bond) and Kathy Burton. I also enjoyed the further nod to S.D. Perry with the inclusion of Dick Valentine. That particular part of the story was so incredibly strong and real. Wow.

I can back and highlight parts from every chapter and explain in detail how each of them affected and resonated with me. I'm sure as a writer, you'd fancy hearing all of them, but for the purposes of keeping this review reasonable in its length, I'll spare you them for now. But believe me when I say this, every WORD that you wrote simply added to the already vivid image your story created in my mind. I saw, heard, felt, and smelt everything that was happening. You really were spot on in your portrayal of Chris following the death of his partner, as well as all the other, more mechanical details of his life people might simply gloss over had you not written about them.

Man, your story left me breathless, and it drained me (in a good way, though!). I felt how much of your heart went in to this, and I felt you deserved this review. Your writing is beautiful, and I hope you never, ever quit.

-Jackson

P.s. Minor gripe, and I know you know it: details of Jill's death, obviously not canon in light of RE5, but you clearly acknowledged it in your story summary. Point is, I found myself not caring. As I said, it was beautifully written, and it painted such a wonderfully real and sad image in my mind, paving the way for the rest of the story.

P.p.s. Blue dress/Burton anniversary dinner. Beautiful, beautiful scene that you reused in some form across a few different chapters. Incredibly sweet/sad/scary, and funny, too. 'Master of Unlocking.' God freaking bless you.
Ultimolu chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Beautiful.

This...was powerful and gripping. Amazing work.
SIGF chapter 7 . 6/28/2009
Wow. This is one of my all time favorite stories, not only for RE, but for this site in general. You have such a beautiful way with words, and beyond that, you portray emotion so well. Chris's angst, guilt, and suffering was just completely heartbreaking.

And that last chapter was just wonderful in every way. The pain, the fear, the hope, the comforting, and the healing all came together in those few moments. I'd like to think their post-RE5 private reunion went just like that :).
Hanae Michiko chapter 7 . 5/31/2009
Oh god... This is so beautiful. This whole story is just... It broke my heart. Chris' pain, his grief, was so real, and I ached for him. And your writing is so wonderful, so poetic and descriptive. It's like being carried on this beautiful string of words, it just flows and swirls. I love it. You are my favorite RE author. Everything I ever could've wanted out of an RE story, you deliver. Excellent characterizations, the way they deal with the events that have defined their lives, how they've been molded by those experiences. These are the most believable Resident Evil characters I've ever read. Thank you for sharing this story. Ah, my heart is still aching!
Magchange chapter 7 . 4/13/2009
This piece..Hmm I don't really know how to explain this. I mean the story was awesome. The Characterizations were spot on, the Story flowed from the very beginning, the initial line about blood in the first chapter was a great hook that I promptly took and was sucked in 6 chapters later. Even the ending seemed to be allegorical. My only issue, and call me a sap if you want, but my issue was that it was just so depressing.I mean yes I read the labels on it, but damn Angst doesn't even begin to describe it. I look forward to seeing what else you could do we this characters. I mean even the secondary players like Leon and Barry's wife definitely filled out the story to what is is here.. Just friggin awesome.. Keep up the good work

-Magchange
Kenshin13 chapter 7 . 3/17/2009
What a wonderfully sad story, I loved every word of it though. It was just fantastic.
Kenshin13 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I'm glad to read that I am not the only one moved to tears in this first chapter, very well done, the writing is exquisite.
Carmel Bigface chapter 6 . 3/13/2009
I love the way you do Chris, its so spot on and I can see him acting that way towards his captain. Another wonderful chapter!
Carmel Bigface chapter 4 . 3/12/2009
Very nice! The scene with Jill's dad - priceless. You've really captured the mood perfectly!
Carmel Bigface chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
Ah man, so sad and yet so good!
Praxis Antigone chapter 7 . 3/12/2009
This story was so beautiful. This can inspire me so much man
Hobohunter chapter 7 . 3/12/2009