Reviews for Like Breathing
Nessie chapter 1 . 2/1
This was heartrending in its beauty. I cannot get over how vivid and beautiful that scene of Legolas and Aragorn in the storm was. God, my heart hurts.
Artura chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Poor Legolas ...
zipzee chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This was breathtaking; I literally sat there crying because it felt just so vivid and real. You can imagine the bitter timelessness; the endless passing of time and loss, but for him everything stands still, everything is just the same as ever and sometimes seems insignificant – like breathing.
This story is so amazingly well written and captures the misery of immortality absolutely wonderful, at the end I felt truly overwhelmed with emotion.
Thank you so much for this absolutely breathtaking story!
Kage chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
"Aragorn guest stars," she says. *wanders off to go cry on the beach for a while*

Seriously, though. This was tragic and beautiful and significantly more emotionally trying than I was prepared for, going into it. Thank you for the story, even if it did take me five years to discover it.
BlueDorid chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
This was so very beautiful and sad. I love the seamless incorporation of nature and the surroundings into the story. I really felt like I was seeing the world as an elf would see it. The flow of the words just seem so smooth and effortless!

The range of emotions in this...just amazingly well executed. You conveyed so strongly the sense of time slipping past Legolas, anchored in his immortality.

Thank you for writing this, truly.
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 1/27/2014
The love, the heartache, the honesty-it is beautifully crafted and flows like the sea. This is a beautiful piece that addresses Legolas' solitude without resorting to melodrama. The ambiguity of time and the blurring of memory and reality add layers to the timelessness.
Just well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Oh my. The depth and heartbreak in this takes my breath away; and yet by the end I feel as though I am taking in a long and deep cleansing breath. The new dawn and the peace found with cherished memories over ghosts makes the bittersweet just a little sweeter. What a beautiful, beautiful story.
gymnalissa chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Oh, I could just taste the bitterness in this, as well as the slight happiness from reminiscing. Each moment was captured perfectly.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
this, is goddamned amazing. this hurt, this is angst, this is ow, this is: "like breathing".
xD well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
ow. (that's praise, you know?)

ow, and congrats. well done.
ww chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Lovely story! It's a beautiful examination of grief and friendship.
RenewedBlade chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I truly think that this deserves no less than hundred times the reviews it has. There are thousands of works about the friendship between Legolas and Aragorn, but of all that I've read, none can quite match the beauty, truth and depth of this one-shot. The beautiful exchanges between the characters are astounding in their depth, and the ending is simply exquisite.

"I miss you," he said at last. Like starlight— "Like breathing."

This line I'll always remember, because it stood out to me most poignantly.

Thank you for the amazing read, for sharing this wonderful piece of work with us.

R.B.
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
It wasn't until the very end that I actually cried. And that, in and of itself, gets you a whole lot of credit.
KusajishiFukutaicho chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
You've just made me cry!)': I can see Legolas' loneliness so strongly here...and how much he misses his friends...why has Tolkien wrought such a cruel fate upon the elves, for them only to be left behind with the passing of time? And the last part, where Legolas comes to terms with things...and sees Estel, I just start bawling. ;_;
an anonymous reader chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I have no idea if you're still active on FF, but in case you are I just wanted to let you know- this story made me cry. Honestly, seriously, tears-in-my-eyes cry. Thank you for that.

This is one of the best Legolas-Aragorn goodbye fics I've ever read- I have to be honest and say that it's not the very best (in my opinion, of course..)

Just- thanks. I hope you're still writing.