Reviews for The One Dark Lord
Silvara chapter 1 . 6/11
Nicely written!

...A question just occurred to me: say, do you know what happened to Sauron when his Ring was destroyed? I mean, can he die? Does he dies like elves, or is just unable to use a hroƤ, or is banned to the Void? ...Despite of his immense loss of power, what make those of the Third Age so sure that Sauron will have no influence over Middle Earth? After all, Morgroth's orcs and the Men of the East are striving better than ever, and the Fourth Age is supposed to be all about Men considering orcs cool and all. So...the story of Sauron is far from being finished after The Return Of The King isn't it?
SentinelSpockNimoy chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
I like it. Each event is short, to the point, and easy to understand. Well done.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This poem is good.

I didn't see any grammatical mistakes, which is good.

The imagery was good as well. You did a good summary in poem form on Sauron's beginning, reign, and downfall. This poem has a good rhythm to it, which I like as well. The rhymthm made me think of someone who has so much power and becomes corrupted by it. In a way, you did a good job emphasizing this power.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
Silvertongue90 chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I love the poem, you did a fantastic job putting Sauron's entire story into it.
JadeNyx chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Awesome poem! I've never heard of or read any of Sauron's history and this explained it very well. Also I loved the repeating words "The One Dark Lord!" They fit into the poem perfectly tying each 'section' of the story/poem together. Great Job! Keep on writing.
Saurowen chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This is a great poem about Sauron. My favorite imagery would have to be "A song of treachery, he sang./To ears intent, he told." He and Melkor were basically ones to disrupt the Song of Illuvatar, however they were very much a part of it at the same time. I appreciate your understanding of Sauron and the way he works, and it comes out in your work.
Lysana chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Very highly recommended. :) Extremely canon friendly - great for anyone who'd like to learn the basics of Sauron's history in two very enjoyable minutes! This is astonishingly complete for something this short. It also has a very pleasing rhythm, and the repeating line "The One Dark Lord!" works well. Overall the whole poem has quite a compelling feeling to it, and a sense of both dangerous, evil power and great beauty. In other words, it fits Sauron perfectly.

You're good at poetry! I hope you write more poems. :)

-Lysana
almostinsane chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Great poem! I rather enjoyed reading this. Thanks for writing this. God bless!