Reviews for The One Dark Lord
Sentinel Prime chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
I like it. Each event is short, to the point, and easy to understand. Well done.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This poem is good.

I didn't see any grammatical mistakes, which is good.

The imagery was good as well. You did a good summary in poem form on Sauron's beginning, reign, and downfall. This poem has a good rhythm to it, which I like as well. The rhymthm made me think of someone who has so much power and becomes corrupted by it. In a way, you did a good job emphasizing this power.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
Silvertongue90 chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
I love the poem, you did a fantastic job putting Sauron's entire story into it.
JadeNyx chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Awesome poem! I've never heard of or read any of Sauron's history and this explained it very well. Also I loved the repeating words "The One Dark Lord!" They fit into the poem perfectly tying each 'section' of the story/poem together. Great Job! Keep on writing.
Saurowen chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
This is a great poem about Sauron. My favorite imagery would have to be "A song of treachery, he sang./To ears intent, he told." He and Melkor were basically ones to disrupt the Song of Illuvatar, however they were very much a part of it at the same time. I appreciate your understanding of Sauron and the way he works, and it comes out in your work.
Lysana chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Very highly recommended. :) Extremely canon friendly - great for anyone who'd like to learn the basics of Sauron's history in two very enjoyable minutes! This is astonishingly complete for something this short. It also has a very pleasing rhythm, and the repeating line "The One Dark Lord!" works well. Overall the whole poem has quite a compelling feeling to it, and a sense of both dangerous, evil power and great beauty. In other words, it fits Sauron perfectly.

You're good at poetry! I hope you write more poems. :)

-Lysana
almostinsane chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
Great poem! I rather enjoyed reading this. Thanks for writing this. God bless!