Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
Krugness chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I agree with the director of the play. They definitely have worked out the shyness problem. Now they can't keep their hands off each other. :) I wonder if the girls will make it through the whole weekend without the guys? :D I loved the chapter.
colacherry chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
yet another sweet chapter! it's nice to see them break from the masks they *both* have been wearing.
Ivygirl702 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I seriously love Bella's inner monologue. And the conversation between her and Alice? Perfection!

Favorite line: There were many that made me laugh outloud. Mostly because it's exactly how I think. Here goes:

"I want to lick his mind as desperately as I want to lick the rest of him."

"Thank you for touching me in all my ludicrous perfection? Why, you’re very welcome, you insane piece of work. Let me see your day pass from the asylum, please."

"I tried to hack it solo after tossing away all my contacts, but it became clear that some kind of reliable vision was necessary to do things like, you know, tie shoes, and save lives, and whatnot" [I love a Daniel Gale like Edward]

Anyhoo, I won't cut and paste this entire chapter in the review box, so I'll just leave it at that.

This story is win.

Thanks for the update!
aliceinthemiddle chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Wow, you've really got a way with those big words. Love how both Bella and Alice are so overwhelmed by the depth of feeling they have for the guys; curious to see whether or not the guys are thinking the same way. ;)

flibbidyjibits chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Love the Build a man! And the chapter!
flibbidyjibits chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
I liked it!
betah75 chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
You know I haven't started on your story yet, but I read your profile. So just for that I will give it a go. I love when people write like that. That is just one thing that I'm lacking. My dream to finally be able to write freely. And who knows maybe when I grow up it will happen (being 33 I'm still hoping I will one day grow up:D)...
prettypretty pretty chapter 5 . 3/23/2009
The whole Mr. Ed thing had me snorting and making really strange laughing noises, but i don't think any of them were whinnies. Eddie did a great job with the swagger, and I'm so glad he met Emmet and Rose. I love your Rose!
ElleCC chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Oh my god, I loved this chapter. Hard. I read it a couple of hours ago at work (couldn’t resist) and now I’m back to review. And I just loved it.

Let’s get some basics out of the way:

Thank you for making Bella love Edward for more than his looks. For the stuff in his head, and whatnot. And vice versa. “He’s waiting for me to let him know it’s okay to touch me. I don’t know if he’s this amazing on purpose, or if it’s some kind of lucky guess. He's got crazy Bellasense.”

Thank you for making Alice and Bella freak out and stop to think about what’s going on. I am so pleased they’re not just going head-over-heels and not taking a moment to think about it. “I'm totally losing myself. The minute I see him, I forget everything about me and there's just a buzzing noise in my ear.” “Too much. Too fast. What are we going to do?” Thank fricking god they realize they should chill for a minute.

The Build-A-Man analogy? Lu ve it.

The first paragraph, about trouble, is awesome. Such an excellent way to describe it.

Love that she’s making him read She’s Come Undone. Great book.

Hitchcock and Wilder are MY two favorite directors, so... that’s exciting :)

* *

Fabulous lines:

The best parts are on the inside. He’s a Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate Bavarian cream-filled wonderland for every sense I possess.

I’m holding up about as well as a sandcastle in a Category 4 hurricane.

“Planwise, I like it. It says ‘we’re too freaked out to deal right now, so we’re running away like pansies’. And that pretty much sums the whole thing up right there.”

“...I’ll fall into the love worm hole and won’t come back out for days.”

“It’s absolutely fascinating,” he answers. “Is this really what it’s like in a woman’s head? How do you people walk in a straight line? How can you concentrate on anything with that kind of racket going on all the time?”

I laugh at him. “Some of us are noisier than others, but you get used to it. And you’re a fine one to talk, Pinto. It’s rush week in your head, and you’re trying to remember all the words to ‘Louie Louie’.”

“I can’t let Elle cook for me. I’m pretty sure anything I’d get would be laced with all kinds of deadly toxins.” (I have to include this one, just because ;)

...struggling to remember what it is that frightens me and finding only scattered fragments of thought where there were once entire treatises on the subject.

* *

So, that was wonderful, overall, in general. I love that they’re absolutely truthful with each other and isn’t it great how you don’t need lying and deception to make drama? Sometimes the truth holds as much drama as something made up. Love it. Great job with that. Great job with all of it :)

I'll try to find some synonyms for "great" for my next review :)
kellybear3 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
This story is truly wonderful. Your way with words is staggering. I'm incredibly impressed with you.

I loved this.. "The pleasure of his weight. The agony of my wait." You worded that perfectly. I was seriously in awe.

This story is so good. I am absolutely and positively in love with your Edward. I love the innocence and vulnerability of your characters. Edward doesn't have to always be dark and a bad boy... as you've shown us with this sweet, shy, awkward and humble man. I'm very much enjoying Edward and Bella's journey of discovering love. Thank you!
colacherry chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
ok i confess. it took me longer to get to this chapter because i am dumb and was thrown off by the lines. really.

now that i am over that i just want to say we need to be BFFs.

1. jimmy steward for-ev-er. and really, he was a fox back in the day. mr. smith goes to washington? yes, please.

2. i haven't read hemingway in like ten years and i only read short stories beyond 'the old man and the sea' so i can't comment on the misogyny. one of these days, please school me.

3. 'she's come undone' is incredible. really. but i think i might like 'i know this much is true' even better. also, *kippy stredneki* [sic]. 'she's come undone' kind of made me mad sometimes and the HEA girl in me felt like she was settling for thad when i really wanted her with that other guy, whatever his name was. damien? damon? david? whatever.

4. this chapter was sweet and i feel like fail for not reading it earlier. i'mma go read your next chapter now.
fanficreader83 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Ok, so I'm thinking that Bella should only be thinking of the Edward's Clean Plate Club during her weekend! ;)
Clancy67 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Oh my freakin god lady, I've never laughed so much in my life! You are so damn talented - I wish I had a friend like you, I'd laugh my ass off everyday. Comparing Edward to a Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate Bavarian cream-filled wonderland was fantastic - in fact I had indulged in that same donut on my way to work earlier today. If I had known it was symbolic of Edward, I would have enjoyed sucking the cream out a lot more than I did! I love your story hard. It is epic win! Thanks bb.
sophie921 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
What an amazing date! The feelings, conversation, and descriptives are amazing. As a reader I am transported to these scenes flawlessly. I love the comraderie between Alice and Bella as well as the romance between Jalice and Edbel. It is so touching and hot, all at the same time. Makes you relive some of the best moments of your life vicariously.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks!
alwayswatchingtv chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Love Alice & Bellas freak outs over their Build-a-Bear Men. The teacher catching Bella & Edward kissing was great!
4,563 | « Prev Page 1 .. 284 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 304 .. Last Next »