Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
ElleCC chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Oh my god, I loved this chapter. Hard. I read it a couple of hours ago at work (couldn’t resist) and now I’m back to review. And I just loved it.

Let’s get some basics out of the way:

Thank you for making Bella love Edward for more than his looks. For the stuff in his head, and whatnot. And vice versa. “He’s waiting for me to let him know it’s okay to touch me. I don’t know if he’s this amazing on purpose, or if it’s some kind of lucky guess. He's got crazy Bellasense.”

Thank you for making Alice and Bella freak out and stop to think about what’s going on. I am so pleased they’re not just going head-over-heels and not taking a moment to think about it. “I'm totally losing myself. The minute I see him, I forget everything about me and there's just a buzzing noise in my ear.” “Too much. Too fast. What are we going to do?” Thank fricking god they realize they should chill for a minute.

The Build-A-Man analogy? Lu ve it.

The first paragraph, about trouble, is awesome. Such an excellent way to describe it.

Love that she’s making him read She’s Come Undone. Great book.

Hitchcock and Wilder are MY two favorite directors, so... that’s exciting :)

* *

Fabulous lines:

The best parts are on the inside. He’s a Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate Bavarian cream-filled wonderland for every sense I possess.

I’m holding up about as well as a sandcastle in a Category 4 hurricane.

“Planwise, I like it. It says ‘we’re too freaked out to deal right now, so we’re running away like pansies’. And that pretty much sums the whole thing up right there.”

“...I’ll fall into the love worm hole and won’t come back out for days.”

“It’s absolutely fascinating,” he answers. “Is this really what it’s like in a woman’s head? How do you people walk in a straight line? How can you concentrate on anything with that kind of racket going on all the time?”

I laugh at him. “Some of us are noisier than others, but you get used to it. And you’re a fine one to talk, Pinto. It’s rush week in your head, and you’re trying to remember all the words to ‘Louie Louie’.”

Why, you’re very welcome, you insane piece of work. Let me see your day pass from the asylum, please.

“I can’t let Elle cook for me. I’m pretty sure anything I’d get would be laced with all kinds of deadly toxins.” (I have to include this one, just because ;)

...struggling to remember what it is that frightens me and finding only scattered fragments of thought where there were once entire treatises on the subject.

* *

So, that was wonderful, overall, in general. I love that they’re absolutely truthful with each other and isn’t it great how you don’t need lying and deception to make drama? Sometimes the truth holds as much drama as something made up. Love it. Great job with that. Great job with all of it :)

I'll try to find some synonyms for "great" for my next review :)
kellybear3 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
This story is truly wonderful. Your way with words is staggering. I'm incredibly impressed with you.

I loved this.. "The pleasure of his weight. The agony of my wait." You worded that perfectly. I was seriously in awe.

This story is so good. I am absolutely and positively in love with your Edward. I love the innocence and vulnerability of your characters. Edward doesn't have to always be dark and a bad boy... as you've shown us with this sweet, shy, awkward and humble man. I'm very much enjoying Edward and Bella's journey of discovering love. Thank you!
colacherry chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
ok i confess. it took me longer to get to this chapter because i am dumb and was thrown off by the lines. really.

now that i am over that i just want to say we need to be BFFs.

1. jimmy steward for-ev-er. and really, he was a fox back in the day. mr. smith goes to washington? yes, please.

2. i haven't read hemingway in like ten years and i only read short stories beyond 'the old man and the sea' so i can't comment on the misogyny. one of these days, please school me.

3. 'she's come undone' is incredible. really. but i think i might like 'i know this much is true' even better. also, *kippy stredneki* [sic]. 'she's come undone' kind of made me mad sometimes and the HEA girl in me felt like she was settling for thad when i really wanted her with that other guy, whatever his name was. damien? damon? david? whatever.

4. this chapter was sweet and i feel like fail for not reading it earlier. i'mma go read your next chapter now.
fanficreader83 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Ok, so I'm thinking that Bella should only be thinking of the Edward's Clean Plate Club during her weekend! ;)
Clancy67 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Oh my freakin god lady, I've never laughed so much in my life! You are so damn talented - I wish I had a friend like you, I'd laugh my ass off everyday. Comparing Edward to a Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate Bavarian cream-filled wonderland was fantastic - in fact I had indulged in that same donut on my way to work earlier today. If I had known it was symbolic of Edward, I would have enjoyed sucking the cream out a lot more than I did! I love your story hard. It is epic win! Thanks bb.
sophie921 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
What an amazing date! The feelings, conversation, and descriptives are amazing. As a reader I am transported to these scenes flawlessly. I love the comraderie between Alice and Bella as well as the romance between Jalice and Edbel. It is so touching and hot, all at the same time. Makes you relive some of the best moments of your life vicariously.

Looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks!
alwayswatchingtv chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Love Alice & Bellas freak outs over their Build-a-Bear Men. The teacher catching Bella & Edward kissing was great!
abgdefunct chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Another one sails right out of the park! Girl, you are on a roll and I love it.

The way he tends to the burn on her hand-just GAH. It's very tender and sweet. Also, how she feels about Edward, how conflicted she is-I can feel her hesitation so palpably. He seems to understand and probably feels the same way. I can't wait to see these crazy kids when they finally figure out there's only one cure for the love bug-hair of the dog! ;)

Fizil
1FunGirl chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
You write such a great story...the dialogue is simply phenomenal. Thanks for writing.
Raewright chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
"Dunkin’ Donuts chocolate Bavarian cream-filled wonderland".

‘Build-A-Man Workshop’!

"love worm hole"!

Pleasse never stop writing! This brightened my day. Your writing is so fun to read. Thank you. Thank you!
jantanamo chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
So there's no question that I'm thoroughly enjoying your story...

But this is my favourite chapter yet. It just sounded like the most perfect date. The UST is in full force, and the best part is that it's not all physical. If I were Bella, I'd be terrified too, because really, nothing and no one can be that perfect! And yet...sigh.. he is. He really is.

My favourite parts:

“That was me, kissing you. That was the absolute truth,” he says quietly.

His eyes go from benign amusement to raging bull in the time it takes for me to say those words. “Bella, keep your hands out of the matchbox if you don’t want me to cause an incident right here on the quad,”
suzyq402 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Damn, I wish I was having the same trouble as Bella. Just, damn, that kiss was hot. I'm on my way to find a campus..somewhere, anywhere, with a BBQ and sculptures...
cretin chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I would suggest cheese and bacon (maybe some sour cream) ON McVampy. Kinda like your own order of McVampy potato skins.

This was a fantastic chapter. That is what I think.
michellemybelle202 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Once again, I absolutely loved this chapter. There's just something about the way you write that keeps me so entranced the entire time I'm reading each chapter. I'm pretty sure you could write about anyone or absolutely anything and I would read it. And I feel silly leaving another review like this, because I know I'm being redundant and my swooning over you can't possibly be very helpful to you, but at least I can make sure you know how much you are appreciated.

And so, to try to not be redundant, I'll just highlight some of my favorite parts of this chapter. I've heard that writers like that... Love the continuation of the running joke of inviting Elle to dinner. Love Edward's explanation for having to wear glasses. Giggled out loud when, in reference to She's Come Undone, Edward asked, "How do you people walk in a straight line?" Got super excited when Edward said he would like to wrestle with Bella a little. The last kiss of the night was once again priceless.

So, thanks again for another awesome chapter! Can't wait to find out if Edward will be able to keep his promise and never hurt Bella.
ayartee chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I love how crazy Alice and Bella are about the boys, its hilarious how they need to get away for a weekend. Quirkward is hot.
4,570 | « Prev Page 1 .. 285 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 .. Last Next »