Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
aliceinthemiddle chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
Even with the REALLY fucked thing with the lines/spacing, it was readable and really really FUNNY. I like the way they talk to each other. It's such a debate the whole time. ;)

xoxoxo

aliceg
drkvctry chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
i love the way you did this chapter! the layout was perfect! well done!
DeirdreJG chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
another great chapter. loved this format. it was quick and witty and funny as hell. i love that they profess to be honest with each other and actually are. it's refreshing.

keep 'em coming.
Starling Rising chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I think I want to be you when I grow up. Just saying.

I really liked the content of this chapter; Edward and Bella conversing is always a good thing. However, the format didn't really do it for me. I would rather you have broken the rules and done it on script format, or just have alternating quotations- though that can get confusing. All the lines were a bit distracting.

Still, the conversations were wonderful. I love that they were just talking about random things. Edward is so sweet, he's making my brain melt too. And the Hemingway conversation totally enlightened me. We had to read A Farewell to Arms this past summer, and I really didn't like it, though all my friends did. Now I realize that it's because Catherine was flatter than plywood. The love story was horrible because she had no personality. So thanks for illuminating that for me. I look forward to further enrichment in the future! :)
kellybear3 chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
That was really fun dialogue! I really, really love your Edward. He's so sweet and funny. But yeah, that was hard to read. You probably should have just written it the way that McVampy does her dialogue... continuous alternating quotes down the left side of the page. It works fine that way and never gets confusing.

Anyway, thanks for the update!
ElleCC chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
When you mentioned on the boards what this chapter would be about, I wasn't sure what it would be like. I think it turned out really cool. As if you were reading a play, you (the reader) are responsible for completely creating in your head the world they are in. So interesting. The formatting was a challenge at first but I adjusted my font size and the width from 3/4 back up to full and it worked out fine. I'm not sure how you could have better done it.

Your dialogue is amazing. They were... hilarious. Open and honest and funny and real.

So funny that when he said he'd call her tomorrow, he meant first thing in the damn morning. 7:44! LOL! If nothing else about the chapter was telling about what an enthusiastic nutjob he is, that would be enough.

I love that she called him out on being a jackass/non-jackass and that he asked her about what happened in NY. And that he respected her when she didn't want to give the story right away.

Poor blind patients... ha, that whole thing was funny :)

This is one of my favorite sets of lines: "I thought you were not the most unfortunate-looking individual I’d ever seen in my life. I liked your hands. Your hair made me wonder whether there might be a lion hiding in there." As I've mentioned before, I love the lion references about his hair. I see this Maurice Sendak-style lion perched on his head. Where is Pierre?

Cary or Jimmy is a tough choice. Can I have them both? Can they get drunk and hiccup at each other? Or filibuster? Can we hang off Mount Rushmore?

Another favorite line, re: napping: "It’s really not the action-packed spectacle you’ve been led to believe it might be, Edward."

Ah, Rhett makes a show. Can't go wrong with the classics: "You need to hear it, and hear it often." Slick bastard.

Yay me and my supermodel name! Thanks for that! That was way beyond spectacularly cool )

Great chapter. I think you really pulled this different style off well. Rehearsal on Tuesday should be entertaining :)
Sheeijan chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
Those phone calls were amazing. I actually got jealous because I've never had phone calls like that. *grin* Edward seems to be doing a masterful job finding his true self. It's nice to see. I thought it was wonderful how he was so firm with Bella about how he sees her when she got upset about herself. That was great that he wouldn't allow herself to drag herself down like that.

Thank you for the update!
Krugness chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I'm happy to see that they have gotten over their inability to speak to one another without using their characters. They started last chapter but moved right along in this chapter. Hm... a Bardward/Bella date. Will you take them somewhere new and exciting? Strangly, I'm thinking a movie marathon of their favorite movies would be funny. I'm envisioning Edward in a toga after the mention of Animal House. Not a bad vision at all. :D
n0 l0nger in use chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I enjoyed their phone banter so much. The reference to Hemingway was GOLD!
Irritable Grizzzly chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
You know you're my girl, right? I mean, you've gotta know that by now.

I adore how Edward immediately called her on her degrading herself bullshit. Like, STFU, don't let some douchebag tell you your self-worth. Stop putting a negative spin on everything, self-degraBELLA.

Edward came clean about how he used to pretend to be something he's not, which shows how much he's trying.

Oh, and a guy in glasses? I agree with Bella. Yummy!

As usual, you always have me laughing till there's a stitch in my side. Smart sarcastic humor makes me purr. It fills my insides with ooey gooey goodness.
abgdefunct chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I love the phone chit chat. So endearing, sweet, smart and funny. They are headed toward some insane chemistry the next time they're face to face and I can't wait to read about it!
EC4me chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I love this story. The characters are amazing and it's incredibly well written. Looking forward to more.
Dolphin4442 chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
Great chapter. I loved it.
jencrane chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I loved the dialogue! You did an amazing job of keeping it upbeat and witty.
lovedforeternity chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I don't think I have ever read such witty and intelligent banter in a ff as I did in this chapter. Loved every minute of it and was so completely sad that it was over. I do see that you are new, I will make sure that I let the readers of my stories know about this one when I do my next chapter. More people should know how great this story is!

Thanks for the entertainment. Great job!
4,560 | « Prev Page 1 .. 287 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 .. Last Next »