Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
jilburfm chapter 6 . 3/21/2009
Alice looking like a precious moments figurine had me laughing so hard that I had to stop reading to collect myself. Freaking HILARIOUS!

Remind me to invite edward to my next dinner party, what a lovely guest to show up w/ a case of wine!

I love when she gives up a little by telling him that he is her favorite smell and then he gives up A LOT! Downright declaration style. And then she puts his hand on her neck, GUH! Mad love for this chapter, especially this scene.
jilburfm chapter 5 . 3/21/2009
I love Edward's cocky swagger thing he's working. The "Yet" is so damn sexy.

I had a guy friend introduce me to someone and they asked if I was his girlfriend and he said, "No. Not yet." I was his.
jilburfm chapter 4 . 3/21/2009
Return of the sledgehammer... Edward the Sledgehammer. I will now think of Edward every time I hear Peter Gabriel.

Edward is so going to think she intentionally saved the seat next to her for him. Maybe it will help with his confidence:-)
familydontendwithblood chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
haha well that was a little painful on the eyes, but not too bad! i actually liked how you wrote it, and i loved how they had a "dinner date" over the phone! update soon please!
jilburfm chapter 3 . 3/21/2009
Edward's backstory is fantastic. I love that he takes on different characters in "relationships" - what an lonely and interesting way to go through life. And then how Bella won't fit a starlet and he is completely befuddled because there's no persona for him to equate with her. Very cool.

I love his plotting to get info from Carlisle, only to have Carlisle give him way more than he ever expected.

Flurgh - win.
jilburfm chapter 2 . 3/21/2009
"he's not my sledgehammer" - awesome.

I love how E&B's first words to each other aren't their own. And that they are unknowingly in each others face by the time they finish.

Banner's response cracked me up.
jilburfm chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
my cousin rec'd this story as a "must read now" and I gotta say, I'm completely captivated from the start:-)

I love how inanimate objects are given life - like his lip beggin her to bite it. Lovely, fresh writing.
Babette12 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I could totally visualize the whole "Pillow Talk" scene! Of course, having seen the movie helps. I thought it worked quite well, even though doc manager didn't, and some of it didn't line up right, I knew what you were trying for, and so it worked for me.

I've actually seen L in theater, twice. I guess having a nearby festival helps with that. I didn't realize it wasn't shown often, because here it comes up about every 6 years or so.

I really enjoy that they are being honest with each other, and not hiding behind their insecurities. It's quite refreshing to have them actually talk, and listen, to each other. Wow, with this they could actually learn to have a real relationship!
Ivygirl702 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I loved this chapter. It is my favorite so far, and I've read it about 5 times before I reviewed. As much as I love being inside their heads, it was fun to "listen" in to their phone conversations.

Great job!
raleighlane chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
WriteOnTime,

Would you forgive me for a little contraryness, constructive criticism and a dash of tough love? Certainly hope so. Because your reply to my post over at twilighted had me happy and giggling and I don't want you to hate me. So just a few comments...

1. Cute update! I like the idea of a whole chapter of just dialogue. And you did it well. Though I do miss your pithy turn of phrase which doesn't come out as much when you are speaking solely through the characters and not with your own voice.

2. Edward came on a little strong over the phone. Maybe this is just me, but if my first few conversations with a new love interest included all of the following phrases:

'I’d like to watch you nap.'

'Okay, here’s some truth: if you were sitting across from me,this would be the best and most delicious dinner I have ever had.'

'He must have been a major asshole. Major. Because I can’t imagine anyone deliberately hurting you...'

I might run in the other direction. Because usually such comprehensive non-cautious sweet talking isn't genuine. I think when you really care about getting to know someone, when they peak your interest and have you thinking that maybe your heart could be on the line in the near future, you are more likely to save the 'I'd like to watch you nap' comments until you're quite certain that the other person won't get the wrong message and think you just really want to tangle in the sheets as soon as possible. Phoneward reminded me a little of a Willoughby or Wickham at this point. Smooth, suave, charming and potentially insincere or capricious.

... But at the same time, who DOESN'T love a sweet-talking Edward? I mean he could certainly sweet talk his way into my bed (or onto my couch, or against the nearest wall) any time of the day or night. Sigh.

3. I feel the need to defend dear Ernest, so I'll do so in the context of The Sun Also Rises. Hemingway didn't write Brett Ashley's internal struggles and I guess since we were never coaxed to lend her a sympathetic ear she does look a lot like a plot device. But at the same time I think that it's pretty easy to see some of Brett's internal struggle. She finds comfort and safe haven in her sexuality because it makes her feel secure - something she may not have needed so badly in better days. She's lost the moors that tied her to a real and rich life before the war, and in that sense her story is a different angle on Hemingway's theme and is every bit as important as that of any of the other expatriates.

4. I'm not really fond of the Columbia grad/English professor and the good doctor use the language of 7th graders in their texts. We all have Blackberries etc. now, and not making use of our QWERTY capabilities seems like a shame. It makes sense for McVampy's hormonal, horny high schoolers to text like Jonas Brothers fans, but your Ed&Bel are so clever and mature that their inability to type seems kind of out of character.

Sweetpea, you're doing a fine job with Jasper. I'm sure he was just teasing about your being a disgrace. Though if he keeps it up just let me know and I will coerce him into hushing up with some homemade pecan pie and a nice big glass of sweet tea. When I'm done with him he'll be as compliant as Ashley Wilkes but still at least twice as interesting.

Sorry I just wrote you a novel. And one you probably won't even like very much at that. I am overly verbose and if it bugs you just let me know and I'll stick to the script of 'you're brilliant and can I borrow Edward from Bella for just an afternoon? I promise I'll return him [mostly] unscathed...' ;)

Can't wait for the next update.

love love love,

Laney
aliceinthemiddle chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
Even with the REALLY fucked thing with the lines/spacing, it was readable and really really FUNNY. I like the way they talk to each other. It's such a debate the whole time. ;)

xoxoxo

aliceg
drkvctry chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
i love the way you did this chapter! the layout was perfect! well done!
DeirdreJG chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
another great chapter. loved this format. it was quick and witty and funny as hell. i love that they profess to be honest with each other and actually are. it's refreshing.

keep 'em coming.
Starling Rising chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
I think I want to be you when I grow up. Just saying.

I really liked the content of this chapter; Edward and Bella conversing is always a good thing. However, the format didn't really do it for me. I would rather you have broken the rules and done it on script format, or just have alternating quotations- though that can get confusing. All the lines were a bit distracting.

Still, the conversations were wonderful. I love that they were just talking about random things. Edward is so sweet, he's making my brain melt too. And the Hemingway conversation totally enlightened me. We had to read A Farewell to Arms this past summer, and I really didn't like it, though all my friends did. Now I realize that it's because Catherine was flatter than plywood. The love story was horrible because she had no personality. So thanks for illuminating that for me. I look forward to further enrichment in the future! :)
kellybear3 chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
That was really fun dialogue! I really, really love your Edward. He's so sweet and funny. But yeah, that was hard to read. You probably should have just written it the way that McVampy does her dialogue... continuous alternating quotes down the left side of the page. It works fine that way and never gets confusing.

Anyway, thanks for the update!
4,570 | « Prev Page 1 .. 287 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 .. Last Next »