Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
darcy13 chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Really unique format. I loved reading their dialogue. It tells so much about each of them.

Oh and the title-Sonnet 116, my favorite. Truly. I mean it. There are so many beautiful ones, but 116 has always been my favorite: Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds or bends with the remover to remove. What a perfect choice. "True" love is the North Star. I believe that with all my heart. (I'm an impossible romantic.)

Bella reiterates the true sentiment of that sonnet with her thoughts about Jimmy Stewart versus Cary Grant. I agree wholeheartedly. Cary is dreamy, but in Bella's words, "He’s (Jimmy) just real and lovely and funny and awkward, and you know that when he tells you that he loves you, he means it with every single cell in his body." How true.

I loved when Bella said this, "Women might look at the hottie, but what they want is the real guy who’ll be there when life gets ugly, be there with a hug and a promise to make it better again. The guy who listens. The guy who’s willing to make a total fool out of himself over her. The guy who isn’t scared of her."

It seems that they are talking about nothing, but in reality, they are talking about everything. Two highly intelligent, caring, decent individuals sharing their thoughts on the things that ultimately really matter in life. How rare and how beautiful.

This chapter was so sweet and true and pure and witty. What a pleasure to read. Thank you.
peanutpooh chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Hey I kinda liked the chapter. Wouldn't want to read alot of them like that but the all dialogue was nice. I loved those getting to know you better all night talks when I was getting to know my husband. And sometimes it is easier to talk and tell the truth when the person isn't right in front of you watching your reaction. So can't wait to read more.
suzyq402 chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Thanks for another great chapter. LOved it..it was funny and cute and sexy...cant wait for more
ayartee chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
I loved that! that was the funniest and cutest phone conversation ever.
Clancy67 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I love these two so much, they are so funny and real. You are a freakin' genius, I'm totally blown away by this story. I really love reading intelligent fanfiction and the fact that its so humorous on top of that is just bonus win. Thanks for sharing your story, I'm having the best time reading it!
Clancy67 chapter 4 . 3/21/2009
Holy crap, I am having a sinfully good time reading this story! I can't stop laughing, you seriously rock bb. I would love to tell you what my favorite parts are, but I would just be repeating the whole freakin' story back to you. This story pwns me. Love you for it!
Clancy67 chapter 3 . 3/21/2009
Oh my freakin' god, I love this story. Edward's POV is incredibly funny - I just kept giggling. I was on the Frenemies thread at the forum and McVampy had pimped your story to someone there. I decided to search you out and I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to read more!
jilburfm chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I loved the formatting of this chapter. It was so much fun and you didn't have to constantly do the "I said," "He sighed," "He continued," blah blah blah.

I am loving their truthfulness. Fic is so fraught w/ early misunderstandings keeping E&B apart, and while that's fun and angsty, this is just so refreshing. Like the whole mentioning of Elle would have sent 99% of fic Bellas into a neurotic mess of insecurity. Your Bella just laughs her off and invites her to the imaginary dinner date w/ Mike. Awesome.
jilburfm chapter 6 . 3/21/2009
Alice looking like a precious moments figurine had me laughing so hard that I had to stop reading to collect myself. Freaking HILARIOUS!

Remind me to invite edward to my next dinner party, what a lovely guest to show up w/ a case of wine!

I love when she gives up a little by telling him that he is her favorite smell and then he gives up A LOT! Downright declaration style. And then she puts his hand on her neck, GUH! Mad love for this chapter, especially this scene.
jilburfm chapter 5 . 3/21/2009
I love Edward's cocky swagger thing he's working. The "Yet" is so damn sexy.

I had a guy friend introduce me to someone and they asked if I was his girlfriend and he said, "No. Not yet." I was his.
jilburfm chapter 4 . 3/21/2009
Return of the sledgehammer... Edward the Sledgehammer. I will now think of Edward every time I hear Peter Gabriel.

Edward is so going to think she intentionally saved the seat next to her for him. Maybe it will help with his confidence:-)
familydontendwithblood chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
haha well that was a little painful on the eyes, but not too bad! i actually liked how you wrote it, and i loved how they had a "dinner date" over the phone! update soon please!
jilburfm chapter 3 . 3/21/2009
Edward's backstory is fantastic. I love that he takes on different characters in "relationships" - what an lonely and interesting way to go through life. And then how Bella won't fit a starlet and he is completely befuddled because there's no persona for him to equate with her. Very cool.

I love his plotting to get info from Carlisle, only to have Carlisle give him way more than he ever expected.

Flurgh - win.
jilburfm chapter 2 . 3/21/2009
"he's not my sledgehammer" - awesome.

I love how E&B's first words to each other aren't their own. And that they are unknowingly in each others face by the time they finish.

Banner's response cracked me up.
jilburfm chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
my cousin rec'd this story as a "must read now" and I gotta say, I'm completely captivated from the start:-)

I love how inanimate objects are given life - like his lip beggin her to bite it. Lovely, fresh writing.
4,578 | « Prev Page 1 .. 287 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 .. Last Next »