Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
sophie921 chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
The conversations were great - dang the formatting thing though, I was getting dizzy.

Ayn Rand was a big favorite of mine - never read Hemingway, just don't know if I want to go there.
cdub chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
interest concept - the whole conversation thing...but really hard to read! i loved the She's Come Undone reference.
cretin chapter 7 . 3/20/2009
You are my literary hero; as you channel Nora Ephron, please allow my inner Wayne and Garth to entertain you with a rousing rendition of "We're not worthy".

I am, in fact, wearing the flannel and glasses to pull of a halfway decent (albeit female and brunette) Garth.

I absolutely love this story, thank you for sharing with us.
Imissbrown chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Hey there, just needed to let you know that you have many words and they are all wonderful. Especially as they are all spelled and punctuated properly - you warm my pedantic proofreader's soul with their fluency. Oh, and I like the story, too. My favourite line in this chapter? This one: 'The questions accumulated like cars in a foggy Florida freeway pileup until they filled my head and made me really doubt myself.'

Now I need to read on:)
Krugness chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
I have no idea how to correctly pronounce honorificabilitudinatibus but it sure made Bella have a reaction. :) I'm really enjoying your FF so far. It's different from any others that I've found so far. I found you on McVampy's favorites list and we know she has good tatse. :) I've got you on my list now so I can continue reading when you update. I can't wait for Edward to find out Emmett knows Bella. :)
Babette12 chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
This story is all kinds of wonderful! Not only do I love Shakespeare, but also how you've incorporated him in with our lovers. I personally own that version of Much Ado (although I think someone needs to tell Kenneth Branagh the subtitle to the play is Beatrice and Benedick, not Claudio and Hero). It is actually the play I used to introduce my own children to Shakespeare, because it's just so much fun.

I'm glad they have decided to explore their relationship, and that it seems they aren't doing it behind the mask of their characters. I loved how Emmett was Bar Man, and can't wait for them to meet up again. I can just imagine their reactions when they do. Especially Emmett's, when he realizes that he just told some guy to swagger to Bella, whom he thinks of as a little sister.
D3vilishAngoOl chapter 6 . 3/19/2009
Wow... I love this so much. Its beautiful. I loved how you wrote the Jasper/Bella scenes, because I just love those two together - not romantically, but of course that would be interesting too! And how Alice and Jasper just clicked was expected - maybe a bit more detail or one of their POVs would've been nice. But hey, its Alice and Jasper - those two words together just explain themselves. How you wrote Edward and Bella was just brilliant. I love it. How Edward just takes on different roles reminds me much of myself and how no one really knows the real me. I'm more twisted then your Edward. Also, this story just portrays the chemistry of the characters so well I just love it! And now, I'm going to search for Much Ado - because I'm and idiot who hasn't read anything by Shakespeare yet - well, not the plays anyway.
cretin chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
This is a fantastic story; thank you so much for sharing it with us.
AccioBourbon chapter 3 . 3/18/2009
"I’m totally casual. I’m a goddamn leisure suit." And I'm laughing my goddamn head off at that line. genius.

love this: " because I’ve got Bella, and Beatrice, and myself, and Benedick all running around like chickens in my brain and I really want all of them to stay there, join hands, and hug, or go out for coffee, or something."

"...Peruvian angels with fingers of softest silk and voices like sweet chapel bells on a sunny summer morning." okay, i can't very well copy and paste the whole chapter here, but i might as well. i love so many turns of phrase like that one there.

When you wish upon a star... anything your heart desires will come to you.
AccioBourbon chapter 2 . 3/18/2009
Oh my gosh! I'm in love-with this story. this is like finding the pot of gold. i am a HUGE fan of Much Ado, have read it and own a film version that we finally had to replace on DVD last year.

You do an amazing job of "translating" B and B's exchange into everyday speech, all the while keeping the pace and making it all funny too.

My face aches right now from grinning through the entire chapter. I'm serious. This is going to be so much fun.
darcy13 chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
It's official. I've died and gone to fanfiction heaven. I didn't even know that fanfiction heaven existed, but it does. Right here. In "The Port Angeles Players." Could a FF story BE more perfect. While this story has everything going for it-humor, character development, plot, conflict-it's mired in truly smart, witty allusion with some of the most intellectual humor I've read. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Honorificabilitudinatibus indeed! I love that all of your chapter titles are lines from Shakespeare. I love that your characters are all intellectual people of integrity who just have issues. (Don't we all?) I adore this story. You are brilliant.
darcy13 chapter 5 . 3/18/2009
I absolutely adore your story. Great plot. Fantastic characters-I love all of them. Your words are so witty and intelligent. I love the UST. B & E are both so cute and just seem like they are going to spontaneously combust. It's amazing.
LostInTwilight2009 chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Oh. My. God. Fabulous, just...fabulous. This story is defintely another fine submission; you never cease to entertain and amaze. The idea of using Much Ado is inspired and so appropriate for their characters. You are close in your definition of honorificabilitudinatibus, it simply means, "with honor". Oh, and I completely agree about those whispered long, obscure, correctly-pronounced words... Looking forward to you next installment. Cheers!
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Um, there are no words.

That was like THE BEST Pink starburst ever. I love my lunch hour.

There was so much in that chapter to comment on, it was all so good my head is spinning. But I will share this...

I have this list, a fanfiction list, sort of like a Rob Gordon Top 5, only there are more than 5-top chapters I've read in fanfic. There are no further classifications like best kiss, or favorite 'meet cute'-no the only criteria is that it [the chapter] comes with me for the day, the week, forever after I have logged off of FF for that session.

This chapter, this one has just moved to the very top. That was quite possibly one of the best Edward/Bella interactions EVER-certainly a best first kiss, a best almost declaration. What a perfect hint of promise.

A promise for a future. I am so excited to see where this goes. Looking forward to more word secks!
letempspasse chapter 3 . 3/18/2009
are you a god/goddess of the literary world undercover or something?

because edward's entire POV was perfect.

as in: ideal. i would know, trust me. ;)
4,572 | « Prev Page 1 .. 289 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 .. Last Next »