Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Um, there are no words.

That was like THE BEST Pink starburst ever. I love my lunch hour.

There was so much in that chapter to comment on, it was all so good my head is spinning. But I will share this...

I have this list, a fanfiction list, sort of like a Rob Gordon Top 5, only there are more than 5-top chapters I've read in fanfic. There are no further classifications like best kiss, or favorite 'meet cute'-no the only criteria is that it [the chapter] comes with me for the day, the week, forever after I have logged off of FF for that session.

This chapter, this one has just moved to the very top. That was quite possibly one of the best Edward/Bella interactions EVER-certainly a best first kiss, a best almost declaration. What a perfect hint of promise.

A promise for a future. I am so excited to see where this goes. Looking forward to more word secks!
letempspasse chapter 3 . 3/18/2009
are you a god/goddess of the literary world undercover or something?

because edward's entire POV was perfect.

as in: ideal. i would know, trust me. ;)
letempspasse chapter 2 . 3/18/2009
that was incredible!

i was totally into their exchange. ugh, it's so hot to bond over shakespeare. i mean truly, there's nothing sexier than getting caught up in reading lines.

also, "Mr. Doctor Edward/Bedward/Still-Hasn’t-Said-A-Wordward" is the most clever usage of blankward i've ever read in a twilight fic. and that's saying a lot, because i freaking read these all day. :D
Sheeijan chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
See, I think Honestward works better than anything. I liked his answers and questions in the kitchen! Not to mention the big word thingy. That was an interesting factoid, I like learning new things when I read. I was trying to sound it out in my head and I'm good right up until I get to the "nat" part. Then I fall apart.

I think Bella and Edward definitely took a step in the right direction! I'm so excited for them, if I were in the story I'd be waving pom poms and cheering like a fool.

Thank you for the update!
letempspasse chapter 1 . 3/18/2009
oh, wow. great first chapter!

i'm hooked. :)
Dolphin4442 chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Ugh Edward is just to perfect sometimes it drives me crazy :) Great chapter.
DeirdreJG chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
I really love this story. It's very cerebral. The banter is great too.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
wangenra chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
*sigh* this put a huge grin on my face after a LONG day, and promised me sweet, sweet shakesward dreams tonight.
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 4 . 3/17/2009
Okay, so I blame the late hour and my lack of editing but I totally misspelled "Die" in my Chapter 2 review and that is just messing with my head because it kind of just kills my whole reference. I mean Dye for Die that is just embarrassing.

Okay, I am really going to bed after this, but I just have to say. This just gets better and better. I am saving the rest for later. It's like setting aside the red and pink starbursts until the very end. I will have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Bella in blue, Alice in love, Jasper's a smooth criminal, Edward whinnies, there is a clear break in the time space continuum when they touch for the first time. Lovely...oh yeah and Bella huffs:) .
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 3 . 3/17/2009
It's 12:30 am. Wow! I think I hate you but love you all at the same time (and remember that is a good thing). I should be asleep!

Okay, this was just straight up love on my laptop. I wasn't sure if we were going to get Edward and I wasn't sure I wanted him, but so so happy you did it because he was just...well he was just so pretty.

First of all, HIS DICK WAS DRIVING! WHAT! That was beyond wonderful, I'm still giggling.

Oh, but then all his talk about being a 'real boy'- beautiful- I mean "I need to become a real boy, and quickly, because every day that I don’t know this Bella is a day I’m wasting." That was just...sigh.

Probably my biggest fanfic guilty pleasure/obsession whateve is a mooning Edward. I can never get enough of Edward seeing Bella for the first time, Edward's inner monologue when he can't understand what is happening to his perfectly planned world, Edward losing control over his bodily functions (hence why his dick driving was like pure gold), all because of a girl/woman, blah, blah, blah. So this chapter, this whole Edward wants to be a 'real boy' was just like deep-fried oreo dipped in chocolate sauce for me.

Oh yeah and then you write the exchange between Edward and Carlisle and I can't stop smiling-

Edward: "I'll ask him 1 no more than 3 questions" Ha Ha Ha

Carlisle's info vomit-telling him everything he wanted to know and then some-

Oh man, this fic is just so well done. It is quirky and well-written. Your characters are jumping off the page. Anxious to know if there is more back story to why Edward is so terrified to have someone really know him.?

Okay, I am either going to go to bed or I am going to move on and read the rest you have posted...you can probably guess which one I am going to do.
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
Okay, let's get to it:

Alice and Bella saying 'I love you' without just saying "I love you"- lovely moment-I like your portrayal of a frienship between women. You called Alice Bella's fiercest friend-what a perfect adjective. I always get goose bumps thinking about the power of a bond between girlfriends-every woman should have an "Earl, had to Dye!" kind of friend in their life.

Bella seeing Edward again-listing off her 'shouldas'-hilarious but also poignant. And then you went and did it-my husband snuffed and huffed out of a dead sleep when I laughed too loud at the Children of a Lesser God reference. Tee Hee, I had to pat him back to sleep.

Finally, the back and forth between Bella and Edward/ Beatrice and Benedick-I kept having flashes of Kenneth and Emma and her heaving bosum in that movie-she always seemed to be panting-and that led me to be able to envision Bella panting and then I thought about Edward panting in that pant worthy outfit you dressed him in, with glasses no less! Uh, me speechless, he pretty, so so pretty.

Loved the chapter!
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
It is 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday night and I am supposed to be asleep so that I am rested for work in the morning and the inevitable early rise of my daughter, but instead I am three chapters deep in this most delicious late night snack...The Port Angeles Players.

So before I continued on with Chapter 4, I had to come back and review each of the previous three because I had a rather strong reaction to them.

Chapter 1-As Bella explains her feelings of rejection based on Jake's callous dismissal, I am audibly "mhming" into the faint glow of my laptop which is actually sitting atop my lap (truth be told it is making me sweat under the blankets because it is pratically on fire from the cotton smothering the fan-but you are probably not concerned with this tidbit, so I digress).

I am mhmming because I could relate to your/Bella's explanation. She wasn't really upset about losing Jake because they had some pure, undying love. It was actually about his utter disregard, dismissal of her person. The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference, right? Don't know who said that little ditty, but it's straight up truth. There is nothing worse than being ignored. I mean love me, hate me whatever, but feel nothing-I'm heartbroken.

Any young woman looking to find herself, wanting to know herself, needing to see herself in someone else would be devastated to experience something like that.

After reading countless stories where our Bella has the "can't get past herself to find love" persona, this story finally gives a legitimate reason why she might feel that way. So thank you for making her real, instead of the "Ah shucks, nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms" Bella.

I dig your story...
barbarito chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
OH MY GOD! THAT CHAPTER DESERVES A REVIEW IN ALL CAPS BB! LOVED IT SO MUCH! ALICE WAS CRACKING ME UP! THE FAVA BEAN REFRENCE HAD ME LAUGH OUT LOUD! I LOVED THE INTERACTION AND KISSES AND HUGS BETWEEN BELLA AND EDWARD! HOLY HELL! THAT EDWARD IS SNEAKY WITH THAT ONE WORD! THE SEXUAL TENSION IS THROUGH THE ROOF BETWEEN THESE TWO. LOVED THAT THEY WERE HONEST WITH EACHOTHER ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS! GAH! FUCKING FANTASTIC! CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE!
familydontendwithblood chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
oh my. this is completely awesome.

there were several parts where i legit almost died...but in a good way!

love it!
Starling Rising chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
I want this Edward. Seriously. And I won't even do any naughty things to him; I'll just make him sit there and whisper obscure, many-syllabled words in my ear and give me hugs. I'd be in ecstacy for the rest of time. As an aspiring English major, Shakespeare-ward is a favorite of mine, and yours is quite the paragon. I can't wait to see what he whispers in Bella's ear next!
4,559 | « Prev Page 1 .. 289 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 .. Last Next »