Reviews for The Port Angeles Players
Dolphin4442 chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
Ugh Edward is just to perfect sometimes it drives me crazy :) Great chapter.
DeirdreJG chapter 6 . 3/18/2009
I really love this story. It's very cerebral. The banter is great too.

Can't wait for the next chapter.
wangenra chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
*sigh* this put a huge grin on my face after a LONG day, and promised me sweet, sweet shakesward dreams tonight.
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 4 . 3/17/2009
Okay, so I blame the late hour and my lack of editing but I totally misspelled "Die" in my Chapter 2 review and that is just messing with my head because it kind of just kills my whole reference. I mean Dye for Die that is just embarrassing.

Okay, I am really going to bed after this, but I just have to say. This just gets better and better. I am saving the rest for later. It's like setting aside the red and pink starbursts until the very end. I will have something to look forward to tomorrow.

Bella in blue, Alice in love, Jasper's a smooth criminal, Edward whinnies, there is a clear break in the time space continuum when they touch for the first time. Lovely...oh yeah and Bella huffs:) .
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 3 . 3/17/2009
It's 12:30 am. Wow! I think I hate you but love you all at the same time (and remember that is a good thing). I should be asleep!

Okay, this was just straight up love on my laptop. I wasn't sure if we were going to get Edward and I wasn't sure I wanted him, but so so happy you did it because he was just...well he was just so pretty.

First of all, HIS DICK WAS DRIVING! WHAT! That was beyond wonderful, I'm still giggling.

Oh, but then all his talk about being a 'real boy'- beautiful- I mean "I need to become a real boy, and quickly, because every day that I don’t know this Bella is a day I’m wasting." That was just...sigh.

Probably my biggest fanfic guilty pleasure/obsession whateve is a mooning Edward. I can never get enough of Edward seeing Bella for the first time, Edward's inner monologue when he can't understand what is happening to his perfectly planned world, Edward losing control over his bodily functions (hence why his dick driving was like pure gold), all because of a girl/woman, blah, blah, blah. So this chapter, this whole Edward wants to be a 'real boy' was just like deep-fried oreo dipped in chocolate sauce for me.

Oh yeah and then you write the exchange between Edward and Carlisle and I can't stop smiling-

Edward: "I'll ask him 1 no more than 3 questions" Ha Ha Ha

Carlisle's info vomit-telling him everything he wanted to know and then some-

Oh man, this fic is just so well done. It is quirky and well-written. Your characters are jumping off the page. Anxious to know if there is more back story to why Edward is so terrified to have someone really know him.?

Okay, I am either going to go to bed or I am going to move on and read the rest you have posted...you can probably guess which one I am going to do.
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
Okay, let's get to it:

Alice and Bella saying 'I love you' without just saying "I love you"- lovely moment-I like your portrayal of a frienship between women. You called Alice Bella's fiercest friend-what a perfect adjective. I always get goose bumps thinking about the power of a bond between girlfriends-every woman should have an "Earl, had to Dye!" kind of friend in their life.

Bella seeing Edward again-listing off her 'shouldas'-hilarious but also poignant. And then you went and did it-my husband snuffed and huffed out of a dead sleep when I laughed too loud at the Children of a Lesser God reference. Tee Hee, I had to pat him back to sleep.

Finally, the back and forth between Bella and Edward/ Beatrice and Benedick-I kept having flashes of Kenneth and Emma and her heaving bosum in that movie-she always seemed to be panting-and that led me to be able to envision Bella panting and then I thought about Edward panting in that pant worthy outfit you dressed him in, with glasses no less! Uh, me speechless, he pretty, so so pretty.

Loved the chapter!
IfyouaresoinClined chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
It is 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday night and I am supposed to be asleep so that I am rested for work in the morning and the inevitable early rise of my daughter, but instead I am three chapters deep in this most delicious late night snack...The Port Angeles Players.

So before I continued on with Chapter 4, I had to come back and review each of the previous three because I had a rather strong reaction to them.

Chapter 1-As Bella explains her feelings of rejection based on Jake's callous dismissal, I am audibly "mhming" into the faint glow of my laptop which is actually sitting atop my lap (truth be told it is making me sweat under the blankets because it is pratically on fire from the cotton smothering the fan-but you are probably not concerned with this tidbit, so I digress).

I am mhmming because I could relate to your/Bella's explanation. She wasn't really upset about losing Jake because they had some pure, undying love. It was actually about his utter disregard, dismissal of her person. The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference, right? Don't know who said that little ditty, but it's straight up truth. There is nothing worse than being ignored. I mean love me, hate me whatever, but feel nothing-I'm heartbroken.

Any young woman looking to find herself, wanting to know herself, needing to see herself in someone else would be devastated to experience something like that.

After reading countless stories where our Bella has the "can't get past herself to find love" persona, this story finally gives a legitimate reason why she might feel that way. So thank you for making her real, instead of the "Ah shucks, nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms" Bella.

I dig your story...
barbarito chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
OH MY GOD! THAT CHAPTER DESERVES A REVIEW IN ALL CAPS BB! LOVED IT SO MUCH! ALICE WAS CRACKING ME UP! THE FAVA BEAN REFRENCE HAD ME LAUGH OUT LOUD! I LOVED THE INTERACTION AND KISSES AND HUGS BETWEEN BELLA AND EDWARD! HOLY HELL! THAT EDWARD IS SNEAKY WITH THAT ONE WORD! THE SEXUAL TENSION IS THROUGH THE ROOF BETWEEN THESE TWO. LOVED THAT THEY WERE HONEST WITH EACHOTHER ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS! GAH! FUCKING FANTASTIC! CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE!
familydontendwithblood chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
oh my. this is completely awesome.

there were several parts where i legit almost died...but in a good way!

love it!
Starling Rising chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
I want this Edward. Seriously. And I won't even do any naughty things to him; I'll just make him sit there and whisper obscure, many-syllabled words in my ear and give me hugs. I'd be in ecstacy for the rest of time. As an aspiring English major, Shakespeare-ward is a favorite of mine, and yours is quite the paragon. I can't wait to see what he whispers in Bella's ear next!
alwayswatchingtv chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
Thanks for the new word lesson. I have been trying to think of a sentance I could use it in, I feel the need to now. LOVE Edward and Bella hooking up, did not disappoint!
moolissa35 chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
What a chapter! Amazing writing... Loved E's dorkiness, the Q & A and of course, the kiss. But really, who am I kidding, the whole chapter was Win. I can't believe more people haven't discovered this story yet. I'll be sure to pimp it out to all my friends, cuz thats how much I love it. Can't wait for the next update.
n0 l0nger in use chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
Wow! I didn't expect the kiss at all. Glad to see they are moving forward.
michellemybelle202 chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was feeling a little angsty about real life this evening and then once I was three paragraphs into the new chapter ("...and he looks like he's ready to get Scotch jiggy with me") I was able to smile and talk myself down from the impending freakout. Luckily, it only got better from there, and I'm pretty sure this one chapter contains some of my favorite lines from any fanfic, ever.

Also, this is definitely one of the BEST makeout scenes ever written. You were able to convey that they were having a really hot kiss without having to spell out each movement of their lips. If I have to see one more kiss described as 'tongues battling for dominance' or any of that silliness, I might scream.

Oh, and along those same lines, please do not ever have one of your chracters using air quotes. I find it so cheesy and it annoys me so much that I recently promised myself that the next time I'm reading a story and the author starts talking about air quotes (unless they're mocking them) I will immediately quit reading. And I really really love this story and want to follow it all the way to the end. However, after reading your work so far and loving the way you write so much, I'm pretty sure that you'd never use a phrase like that anyway. One of my favorite things about you is how refreshing all of your dialogue is.

Anyway, thanks again for making my night!
aliceinthemiddle chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
Do you and McV know each other in the Real World? B/C you both have SUCH a way with turning a phrase. Seriously, there are SO MANY funny parts to this chapter I can't list them all. Seriously.

Top Three:

1)I’m like a speed bump to her, and about as useful in this conversation, apparently.

2)“Oh, Bella, please. I haven’t got all day to wait for you two to jump into the pool. You needed a shove, so I shoved. I shoved with love, baby. Don’t hate.”

3)Jasper wanders through the front door at about 6:30, so laid-back that for all intents and purposes he might as well be unconscious. That stops the moment he sees Alice, of course, because his eyes light up and he gives her a smile so large I can enumerate his teeth and probably offer a pretty decent accounting of his dental history as well.

4)“For the honor of Greyskull,” I mutter under my breath, because I am now channeling She-Ra: Princess of Power.

5)Jasper is like a human xanax. He’s a people whisperer, that one.

Okay FINE. Top FIVE, OK?

Seriously chicka, you've got some pretty hot dialog goin on here. ;)

xoxoxo