Reviews for You Only Live Thrice : The Tale Of Elsa Jones
Brian1972 chapter 4 . 3/17
Good fic.

The might of the Baret group is a bit intensce (f.e. compared to nations).

The confrontation feels constructed: Her superiors know her real identity and at least that Veela can read Auras. It would just be logical to keep her away from the wedding. Someone in the company would inform Gilles what possible outcome his actions will have (of course in code).

I like your H. Potter. He is an very impulsive character, takes action and then later broods and feels guilty. Quite a feat for someone who was quite often wrongly judged. In many ways he is no better than Ron with his jealousy.

Pity that you leave hints for mudblood resistance/revolution in many of your stories but never got around and wrote it. You already have that great fic where Hermione wrote a manifest. In a sequel of this one a book like it could be published "posthumously". The Muddis could use her as a Martyr, wrongly accused, tourtured by an injust system (ok by Harry and Ron but it was the system that made it possible) and then after she escaped driven to death.

To take your own example, many people forget that Mandela was also member of the armed resistance.
Earl Annex chapter 4 . 7/27/2013
Ghaak! 'All was well'? You pulled a bloody Rowling!
Otherwise, grrreat story.
Kinsfire chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
What's really enjoyable about this fic is the afterlife that Hermione goes to - if some of the gods exist, then so does some version of a Hell. She is well written in this, but has damned herself, because eventually she'll decide that she should probably be safe and deal with Luna and any children. After all, she doesn't have a complete soul any longer.

I do get a laugh out of your excuse for turning her evil and then blaming the reader if they don't like it, though.
renata regina chapter 4 . 6/2/2013
I loved the Hermione/Alsonzo parts! I thought they were just right.
WALIXELA chapter 4 . 11/30/2012
every time a see a short story i just skip but this story is great i really like how you eneded it because many (Hermione betrayed) stories finish with Hermione forgiving everyone and you changed that don't think I'm sadistic but Hermione and Lunas's conversation was great Hermione was really scary but she was being honest and how she demanded of Harry Killing Ron to prove Harry was great any way a read your notes at the end of the page and well i think there is a reason on why is called Fanfic, it's because you are allowed to write your own story and i really liked how you portrayed the characters
ps: sorry for any grammar or spelling mistake but English isn't my first langage and i have the flu.
Nytefyre chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
The ending and Hermione/Alonzo bits are definitely the weakest parts... given how you've built Hermione/Elsa throughout the fic. That said, her transformation into Elsa was very believable, and well written. Thanks for the time in another POV.
Ibskib chapter 4 . 8/4/2012
Using the guy that took advantage of the bookworm must have been very cathartic for Hermione :-)
Hermione definitely has posibilities when it comes to walk on the dark side, I read Dangerous and enjoyed it very much, just hope it gets an update sometime soon. In a version where Harry sticks with her, Hermione could be an excellent "Dark Mistress" a la Bellatrix, have seen a few authors play with that, but haven't come across anything worth mentioning yet. Have seen it with both Ginny and Romilda though... For the latter check out Ambient.
I agree with the Alonzo thing, as I see it Hermione just seems too bitter, not to mention that missing soulpart, unless she can reabsorb it somehow, or perhaps Alonzo just doesn't seem very interesting, and the reader doesn't really get sufficiently invested with an OC in such a short fic.
twistyguru chapter 4 . 6/1/2012
So...

Loved the fic, even through to the end. See previous reviews.

I have no problem with whacking a child molester, so long as it was done slowly and painfully. Killing someone for seducing a bookworm to steal credit is a bit harsh, but he was a dick. I'm plus/minus on that.

Ron's head on a stick? Hmm, I thought that was rather medieval of you; Lord of the Flies never crossed my mind. Of course, I was laughing about a mental image crossing 'head on a pike' and 'chicken on a stick' (a current favorite food, and running joke around here). It's best said with a bad Mexican accent: Cheeken on a Steek. Long story, don't ask. It looses everything in translation.

Ron's head on a stick, I'm down with. While Hermione is potentially salvageable, with LOTS of work, Ron is a complete waste of, well, everything. Ditto Ginny, and Molly, while we're discussing Weasley wastes of oxygen. My oft-stated preference is for them to be fed into a wood chipper, and I stand by that.

Excellent story!
twistyguru chapter 3 . 6/1/2012
One of the things I appreciate most about this fic is the level of detail. From the Ministry laws to the magical laws, you've put an incredible amount of thought into giving this fic the correct 'feel'.

Also, you've taken the 'Harry is accused of Crime X and everybody immediately turns against him' that's so commonly seen in fan fiction and turned it on it's head.

I'm rooting for Luna. I really want those people who created this situation, framed Hermione and manipulated Harry to be flayed.
twistyguru chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Brilliant!

I usually hate Hermione, but I find myself feeling a certain sympathy for your version of her.

I can easily see how canon!Harry could be so easily manipulated; in the books he winds up being nothing more than a patsy, instead of the hero that's implied early on in the series.

So, yes; I can easily see this story 'happening'.

I do think, however, that when Harry finally gets the truth beaten into his thick skull, that somebody's going to hurt...
twistyguru chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
I'm stunned. I realize that you don't know me, so you have no idea as to just how rare that is, but...

This fic is INCREDIBLE!

It's tight, rich, authentic-feeling, character-driven, incredibly detailed...and your grammar is flawless.

How did I not know about this fic before now? Somebody has some explaining to do...

Wow. I mean, really, sincerely, wow.

Okay, I've gushed enough; got to read more right now!
madbrad chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
Another neat bit of magical mechanics with the use of Elsa's oath about Hermione's innocence.

I liked the paragraph on how to placate and capture a cursed book, too. Talking to it - heh.
madbrad chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
A very good treatment of magical oaths and the ways to get around them!
Ray chapter 4 . 6/20/2011
Loved it! Brilliantly written, and I enjoy the characterization. I agree with the comment on ruthlessness in Hermione, it was interesting to see it expanded.
Ray chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I love this so far. awesome. great. Though I would've liked to see her trial, I think.