Reviews for Somewhere Down the Crazy River
I started reading this in 2009. If you're not going to finish it please let us know.
TheAmazingDave chapter 6 . 11/1/2012
This is a great story so far, but I gotta ask, are you planning on finishing it ?
SamreenK chapter 6 . 9/18/2012
I love this story and the whole sorta series you have written. I hope you return to this and finish it. Please!
Becky'sGirl chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
I realize this is over 2 years old, but on the off chance...just found this fic and I'm loving it. I'm going to "follow," &"favorite" just in case you return to it very much like to see where it goes.
luvagoo chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
HOLY CRAP WOMAN! UPDATE!

I love this...except for a couple of tiny off characterisations with Simon and Jayne, it's perfect.
Ms. Chips chapter 6 . 7/6/2010
I love the action of this story, not to mention the fact that the people usually relegated to minding the ship are now in charge. And so far everyone of the usual bench warmers has impressed me. Simon and Inara both really stepped up to try to save the day, and they're keeping their heads under extremely adverse conditions. And Kaylee is showing a lot of resourcefulness herself, not to mention a good understanding of what would be productive and not productive under their current circumstances. I think, for instance, that her decision not to tell Mal and the others what had happened was wise. And now River is going to show that she her craziness also can be put to good use - at least I hope so, as I'm counting on her intimidating the information on what happened to Simon and Inara out of hun dan they've just seen headed for Nick's.

Great job with the story so far. I can't wait to see what happens next, so please post more soon. Thanks for sharing this with us!
writtenwordlover chapter 6 . 7/6/2010
Once again, Jayne, as the others, is truly in fine form, in this chapter.

I’m so glad you posted, it’s hard to find well executed general Firefly fic anymore.

Can’t wait to see what happens with Simon and Inara, they’ve got to be getting dehydrated at this point.

Don't be a stranger.
RionaEire chapter 6 . 7/5/2010
Wonderful to see an update here, it has been a while. I forgot to mention in my last review that I loved the name of Kaylee's magazine, Mechanics for Mechanics, that's clever. For this chapter, my favorite part was how Jayne entertains himself in jail, I suppose that Jayne can find amusement anywhere if the right necessities are provided :), the bordello game was funny and you wrote about it in a very Jayne-like frame of mind. I was totally able to relate to the fight that is brewing between Mal and Zoe, the things they want to get out on the proverbial table but neither one wants to be the one to start, the same thing happened to me this weekend with a good friend of mine. And I love that Simon is still a gentleman even though he's covered in slimy goo, oh Simon, sigh. :)) Some pondering points about Simon and Inara's situation: So they've been in there two days now? How have they avoided sinking into the muck beneath their feet? Where have they gotten water that is safe to drink? These details aren't technically necessary I suppose but readers do wonder about things like that in a survival/swamp situation. Also what did Kaylee mean about them being pretty? I think that as long as Kaylee is there, or at least very nearby watching, its fine if River chats with the guy, since she might have an idea of what to ask him. Simon and Inara must have gotten pretty far away by the time Kaylee and River got to the edge of the cliff since River couldn't hear their thoughts/feel their emotions. Its great to see this update and looking forward to more soon.

CaffeineMom chapter 6 . 7/2/2010
This made my day! So glad you are back! Can't wait to see how this story ends!
CaffeineMom chapter 5 . 8/27/2009
Another excellent chapter! I have been waiting all summer for more of this story.

Please post more soon!
RionaEire chapter 5 . 8/27/2009
I'm SO happy to be seeing an update here, I was beginning to worry that we'd never get more of this story. Good chapter, you have a way of making the reader, at least this reader, really empathize with everyone here, they are all in tough spots, whether on the ship, stuck in jail or stuck in a swamp. I felt that the scene where River was in the infirmery was very believable, very well thought out on your part. I'm so glad that Kaylee was able to help her there and I know that the two of them can come up with a plan. I can't think of anything that Kaylee did wrong, I think she made the right choices she could have as far as I figure. And I think Simon made the right decision about Lulu, that's tough but necessary. I'm interested to see what River and Kaylee will come up with, and what Simon and Inara will do in that swamp, can't wait for the next chapter!

Pugui chapter 4 . 8/11/2009
I'm enjoying this story very much. The plot is interesting and the story is moving at a nice pace. I can't wait to find out what happens next!
RionaEire chapter 4 . 6/15/2009
This chapter was great, kept my attention and interest through the whole thing and moved at a really good pace. I liked how it had some funny ("desperado vixen" and Inara feeling rediculous and then revealing a bit of her so men would be distracted by something they wouldn't think was rediculous), a little sad (poor Zoe) and that action at the end and the cliffy, literally :) right where you leave off. Its smart that Simon and Inara insinuate that Mal is watching from the hills. I think the "crazy river" is interesting, both because I love rivers and streams and they sometimes do turn into swamps, and because of our River and how the comparison startles Simon, well done there, that would take him aback. I'm eager to learn what it is really like down there in that forest, you have got my attention there. Oh, and sending Simon and Inara was a much better idea than sending Simon, River and Kaylee, good thing you are writing this story and not me :) because this is really good stuff, not to mention that watching Simon and Inara team up is interesting. It was also interesting the way you have put Inara into a situation where, for once, she is very vulnerable, very rarely do I see vulnerable Inara, needing to depend on others for safety/life. Can't wait for the next chapter!

CaffeineMom chapter 4 . 6/14/2009
Love the story about the Crazy River. Also enjoyed reading Jayne's thoughts. It really does sound like him!

So glad you are back! Please post again soon!
RionaEire chapter 3 . 4/26/2009
Again I apologize for the delay but I'm here and now shall review. Still good. I feel sorry for little Bill and like the charactor of the deputy, I don't know if that's what you're aiming for but that's what I found. I like how you created a sense of security: Inara will convince the "sheriff" to let them go, but then we and she find out that he isn't the sheriff but is merely the second in command and the first is a formidable foe. Nicely done. I loved the Miss Geraffe stuff, adorable and the philosophizing about the manditoriness of octapi (octapusses" was amusing it funny when River philosophizes. And Simon's "May I ask who's calling?" line made my giggle, that is such a dopy Simon thing to do and I'm glad he isn't mad at River anymore, especially since she didn't do anything really wrong in the first place. It will be interesting to see what will happen next given who's going to do the job instead of the typical candidates who are currently locked up. I think Simon should take Kaylee and River with him because if he takes River and things don't go according to plan its good to have someone else there to help, you know if she isn't able to do what Simon needs her to do etc. But he can't just take Kaylee because he just did that and that caused trouble between River and him so I think he should take both and then Inara can stay here and be with the ship and work on the problem in town. I await the fate of the job and subsequently Simon.